The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I think its fair to say this was called by many on here 

Hypothetical world but if Moore had stayed with us he would have been sacked anyway - but we would have 6 - 9 points more at this stage as a result of the continuation factor / Xisco was fucking useless 

Moore was a flat track bully manager - he was found out at the pivotal moments and its probably no surprise he couldn't cut it at Championship level as a result 

That hypothetical world would have cost us a hell of a lot in compo though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I think its fair to say this was called by many on here 

Hypothetical world but if Moore had stayed with us he would have been sacked anyway - but we would have 6 - 9 points more at this stage as a result of the continuation factor / Xisco was fucking useless 

Moore was a flat track bully manager - he was found out at the pivotal moments and its probably no surprise he couldn't cut it at Championship level as a result 

Are you assuming we would have got the same points per game under Moore as we have with Rohl? I would agree Moore would probably have got 6-9 points more than Xisco. 

2 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

Are you assuming we would have got the same points per game under Moore as we have with Rohl? I would agree Moore would probably have got 6-9 points more than Xisco. 

I think I would have got us more points than Xisco 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, 80s Owl said:

That hypothetical world would have cost us a hell of a lot in compo though.

Yes true, again presuming that Moore / Chansiri would not have negotiated a mid point on salaries.

Equally the amount of compensation could have been set out in said deal. What is purported to be paid and what actually is paid again are arm wrestled for.

1 hour ago, Supercockle said:

Yes that is my sort of view. I think there would be a goodwill carry forward and not the wholesale changes / lack of preparation that bringing in Xisco created.

It is ifs and buts of course - but I would have us equal with Plymouth say 

Moore would have been sacked similar time to Xisco 

Pimped himself for the Hearts job at least once.

Gained the consolidation prize.

To be honest, if I was the Aberdeen board, I wouldn't have sacked Barry Robson. Basically, they've found themselves in the same boat as Hearts last season. Trying to juggle group stage European football and the domestic league at the same time. The squads just aren't big enough to allow for consistent results and the finances aren't there to build a decent sized squad because, once you're knocked out of Europe, you then find yourself with too many players on the books!

Short termism rears its ugly head again.

47 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

To be honest, if I was the Aberdeen board, I wouldn't have sacked Barry Robson. Basically, they've found themselves in the same boat as Hearts last season. Trying to juggle group stage European football and the domestic league at the same time. The squads just aren't big enough to allow for consistent results and the finances aren't there to build a decent sized squad because, once you're knocked out of Europe, you then find yourself with too many players on the books!

Short termism rears its ugly head again.

I have told my mate Jim about Warnock so I would be disappointed my views were not heard if he ever got the Hearts job 

On 05/02/2024 at 07:51, EastCraigsOwl said:

pub league football rears its ugly head again.

Correct

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Snap said:

Just seen this about Roy. Still working at that age. Time for a well earned rest Roy and get well soon.

Loved that interview when he ripped the Sky(?) Interviewer a new one for asking stupid leading questions iirc.

Glasner  in with Emmanuel Potagetz ad assistant

Beale could be good for us, still have to play Millwall, QPR, Blackburn and ourselves, after giving Huddersfield and Birmingham a lifeline. Shame it didn't happen 2 games earlier. With any luck, their playoff hopes will be sorted by the last game and they'll be on the beach or resting players.

The Mowbray loss could hurt us though. Rotherham, QPR, Millwall and Huddersfield  still to play. If they're out of the relegation running, winning those 4 could help us massively.

Seems like every manager change seems to hurt us in some way at the minute.

• Like 1