The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

Hull now looking at former Hamburg manager Tim Walters- SKY Sports

Only been to Hull once Boxing day many years ago we were 4-1 up but in true Wednesday fashion we drew 4-4 . Sam Ellis scored his only goal penalty I think 

1 hour ago, fOWLmouth said:

Hull fair is arguably the best in the country,I think it’s held in October.
I can’t think of any other recommendation to go there but I may be being unfair,no pun intended.

Humber Street Sesh is absolutely brilliant, every August, loads and loads of stages and bands and an absurdly low ticket price.  Set around the Marina, its a great event in a great location for it.  100% recommended if you like new music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

Humber Street Sesh is absolutely brilliant, every August, loads and loads of stages and bands and an absurdly low ticket price.  Set around the Marina, its a great event in a great location for it.  100% recommended if you like new music.

Again it's in Hull....do you get a free bleach bath upon leaving the place?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

Also the ferry terminal to the continent i had forgotten about.

At this rate it sounds almost attractive.

5 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

The worst pub I have frequented was one called The Oberon around that area, ok it was 30 years ago now but it was a shithole even for Hull

The old town to be fair is actually pretty decent for pubs mainly because the local arsewipes and fish slappers don't frequent them 

Read in a few places today that Hansi Flick is interested in the managers job at Man Utd should it become available. I didn't delve too far past the headline to determine amount of substance or paper speculation but that could be interesting for us if he did go there.

He's also being touted for a return to Bayern Munich  as well though.

26 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

Read in a few places today that Hansi Flick is interested in the managers job at Man Utd should it become available. I didn't delve too far past the headline to determine amount of substance or paper speculation but that could be interesting for us if he did go there.

He's also being touted for a return to Bayern Munich  as well though.

I don't think Flick taking a club role will affect Danny Röhls future with us.

• Like 2

So which Premier League boss is the one who appears to have been accused of historic sex offences in a civil case but the courts have currently  granted an anonymity order.

Appreciate the law here, but presumably if the offences were in the early 90s and presumably here in England there is a fairly small pool of possibilities.

38 minutes ago, mkowl said:

So which Premier League boss is the one who appears to have been accused of historic sex offences in a civil case but the courts have currently  granted an anonymity order.

Appreciate the law here, but presumably if the offences were in the early 90s and presumably here in England there is a fairly small pool of possibilities.

That's quite tough, Tee?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Andyben said:

That's quite tough, Tee?

To add I have no idea who it is, not listing the current managers either but it's a main story on the BBC News so the story as a whole is in the public domain now.

By it's very nature its a high profile person. Of course these are allegations and thus innocent until guilty. But if its a civil case then the balance of probabilities not beyond reasonable doubt comes into play. 

18 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Udders have parted company with geezer that took over from Darren Moore. 

That's a shame, don't like to see anyone losing their job (within reason). They will now go for Hecky as it'll suit both parties, i.e. Udders need a new manager and Hecky needs a job on the bus route.

Xisco just finished second in the Nike Liga and qualified for the Conference League.

Took over when they were 6th, just having been beaten 5-1.

Funnily enough he did what he said he was going to do here, sorted out the defence first, making them hard to beat, a lot of boring 0-0s early on, looking questionable, then gradually picking up more wins and finishing strong winning the last 4.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Xisco just finished second in the Nike Liga and qualified for the Conference League.

Funnily enough he did what he said he was going to do here, sorted out the defence first, making them hard to beat, a lot of boring 0-0s early on, looking questionable, then gradually picking up more wins and finishing strong winning the last 4.

Well apart from not sorting out our defence and being very capable of us getting 0 his plan worked marvellously 🫣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

Didn't know he was even back in work. What and where is that?

6 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

Come on mate, you got to stop with this shite. Xisco didn't know which way to turn when he was here, he'd lost the plot and I was so pleased, as he was when he was eventually put out of his misery. I remember him in the press conferences, getting pissed off as he had no answers and no idea on how to turn it round.

Do you think for one minute he was on course to keep us up? For one nano second even? No, of course he wasn't and if DC hadn't pulled the trigger when he did we'd now be in League One. Same with this shit with Gregory, they've both departed so give it up now.

As for his new club, they finished second yes, out of 12 and that's exactly where they usually finish, around second. It's a bit like saying Arsenal or Liverpool finished second, I could go and manage them into second place.

You post some good stuff Tewks so why keep dropping the shite in?😂

3 hours ago, Alan Finney said:

Come on mate, you got to stop with this shite. Xisco didn't know which way to turn when he was here, he'd lost the plot and I was so pleased, as he was when he was eventually put out of his misery. I remember him in the press conferences, getting pissed off as he had no answers and no idea on how to turn it round.

Do you think for one minute he was on course to keep us up? For one nano second even? No, of course he wasn't and if DC hadn't pulled the trigger when he did we'd now be in League One. Same with this shit with Gregory, they've both departed so give it up now.

As for his new club, they finished second yes, out of 12 and that's exactly where they usually finish, around second. It's a bit like saying Arsenal or Liverpool finished second, I could go and manage them into second place.

You post some good stuff Tewks so why keep dropping the shite in?😂

I've said all along that Xisco had to leave us. He failed. It's that simple.

However, I've followed Dun Streda since he joined them and he had a similar shaky start there, obviously not as bad as ours, but in roughly the same vein.

Since then he has turned the draws into wins and took them up to 2nd.

It's just interesting that he stuck to what he said he was going to do and pulled it off in the end. 

Did he need to go? Yes.

Do I want him back here? No.

Do I think he's the worst manager we've ever had? No.

Why is there such a combatative mentality on Wednesday's social media?

The bloke has got a new job and dine well, doing what he tried here. That's it.

Thought it was interesting.

Why is everyone reading so far into everything?

Think we offered too many contracts to flaky players, now I'm 1867?

It's getting daft now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

However, I've followed Dun Streda since he joined them and he had a similar shaky start there, obviously not as bad as ours, but in roughly the same vein.

It's just interesting that he stuck to what he said he was going to do and pulled it off in the end. 

Did he need to go? Yes.

It's getting daft now.

Can I give you some advice *, mix up your negative views with the odd positive comment, also drop an argument you ain't winning. Or play the long game 

Everyone else sees Xisco as a huge mistake and frankly don't want to be reminded about those 3 or 4 months, even less what he has done elsewhere.

* and that is from me as the resident Mr Misery 

Edited by mkowl

2 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

Did he need to go? Yes.

It's getting daft now.

Go on, I'll bite, if he's not the worst then who on earth is?

3 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

Unbelievable! 😳

He’s by far the worst manager we’ve ever had. 

I don’t even need to explain why, just look at how many league games we won under him.

And if that doesn’t convince you, find some videos of the performances we put in under him and watch them. 

An absolute joke of a manager! In all seriousness I’d have done a better job than him, as would nearly every poster on this site!

• Like 1