The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

anyone still got a copy of that meme that went -

There's a fat man on the pitch, he thinks it's all over - with him running on the pitch at 2-1 followed by 'it is now'  with a picture of Kieran Lee

can't find it anywhere.

2 hours ago, Skamp said:

anyone still got a copy of that meme that went -

There's a fat man on the pitch, he thinks it's all over - with him running on the pitch at 2-1 followed by 'it is now'  with a picture of Kieran Lee

can't find it anywhere.

Should be on t- shirts, that

2 hours ago, Sheffieldblue said:

Should be on t- shirts, that

That would be stooping to their level when their commercial dept sold out of Richie Barker "I was there" and "lightning strikes twice" Darren Garner t-shirts

Edited by Tylluan

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

A Sunderland journalist is whipping up the DR talk by suggesting that our gaffer is the exact type of manager their owner wants. 

Talking to a Sunderland fan earlier I deal with through work and he was asking for my thoughts on DR.  Told him not to touch him with a barge pole and that he has a Newcastle tattoo on this arm !

He reckons they are after that Will Still, stll !!

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

On 24/04/2024 at 18:02, Reesh said:

Tom Cleverley appointed as full time manager by Watford after impressing as caretaker 

I forgot to post about this last week… But I read about him being their new ‘permanent’ manager… I thought…. That needs rewording. 

5 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

If so…. Hopefully they don’t announce him before the weekend and get a bounce from the positive news 

Hoping I don't get hit by a tram when I leave the office........

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

Rosenior leaves Hull. Madness. 

Something I saw yesterday suggested there could be method in the madness, reckons Hull spunked a lot wages wise to inevitably fail.

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Something I saw yesterday suggested there could be method in the madness, reckons Hull spunked a lot wages wise to inevitably fail.

Always rated him. But if that’s right then guess I can see the point. 

19 hours ago, Reesh said:

Moyes leaving West Ham at the end of the season, officially confirmed 

Anyone else think he's been a bit cunted (again) by them? They offered him a new contract in February, then they're appointing a new manager behind his back...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

Rosenior leaves Hull. Madness. 

I genuinely question a lot of clubs - lets be honest Wednesday have been guilty more than many in this regard over the years - but even if they have spent a lot on wages etc I suspect its still less than the top 6. 

The expectations placed on these managers seems a tad harsh at times 

And as we know there is little guarantee the next one coming in will do better  

11 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Anyone else think he's been a bit cunted (again) by them? They offered him a new contract in February, then they're appointing a new manager behind his back...

i mean the chap replacing him is hardly seen as dynamic 

But Moyes suffers from the fact that if you are never going to finish above 7th in your league then the fans want some decent style football to watch in exchange for the money they part with 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I genuinely question a lot of clubs - lets be honest Wednesday have been guilty more than many in this regard over the years - but even if they have spent a lot on wages etc I suspect its still less than the top 6. 

The expectations placed on these managers seems a tad harsh at times 

And as we know there is little guarantee the next one coming in will do better  

I agree, not everyone can win (despite modern society trying to convince us otherwise). Sometimes fans and Execs get unrealistic ideas above their station. Of course, if a manager is doing a shit job he should be fired. But firing him because the club hasnt got promoted is just daft to me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Are you Dom Howson?

Nope just an observation just heard the news on my return home and came on here for information and thought I would check the odds out and stumbled upon Danny at 7-1 couldn’t be arsed to type “how many jobs do you think he will be linked with in the summer?” Etc 

But now I have so what do you reckon. 
Hes not linked to the next Greece manager or Man Utd by the way 

2 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Nope just an observation just heard the news on my return home and came on here for information and thought I would check the odds out and stumbled upon Danny at 7-1 couldn’t be arsed to type “how many jobs do you think he will be linked with in the summer?” Etc 

But now I have so what do you reckon. 
Hes not linked to the next Greece manager or Man Utd by the way 

Howson has linked Rohl with Hull on twitter.... he loves to shit stir

• Like 1

The Rosenior situation is quite a shocker. It’s not like he missed out on the playoffs by 20 points. It was a last weekend of the season thing. He’ll have no issues in getting a job, I see Sunderland have been linked.

Moyes, I am not really shocked. West Ham fans don’t really like him, and they’ve had a really poor season considering the spend. But, the fella they have brought in is not going to have much success.

6 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Danny Rohl 7-1 for hull job 🙄

Never going to happen , the only championship teams that could afford to buy out his contract are those with parachute payments Burnley and Luton have stuck by their manager and the Pigs are skint . my money is on a Bundesliga side but not till after christmas

12 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Danny Rohl 7-1 for hull job 🙄

Hi Danny

I lived in Hull for many years. Its a strange place, they prefer rugby league, the women are looser than a B Diaby back pass, you say ja a lot they say ner.

You only have to read the posts of Greno to appreciate the intellectual void there is and he is President of Mensa.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Hi Danny

I lived in Hull for many years. Its a strange place, they prefer rugby league, the women are looser than a B Diaby back pass, you say ja a lot they say ner.

You only have to read the posts of Greno to appreciate the intellectual void there is and he is President of Mensa.

Cheers 🤔

26 minutes ago, Greno said:

Cheers 🤔

I am looking forward to Chelts 30 years ago thread for next season 

January 1995 -MKOWL leaves Hull for good - though I wasn't MK then and social media didn't exist - but apart from that !

• Like 1

That thing around Röhl and Hull seems to be a storm in a teacup based on what I've read. He was linked as a 'manager who they could sign' in one of those 6 managers for Hull City type articles as opposed to one they want to sign and it's gone nuclear. 

23 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

That thing around Röhl and Hull seems to be a storm in a teacup based on what I've read. He was linked as a 'manager who they could sign' in one of those 6 managers for Hull City type articles as opposed to one they want to sign and it's gone nuclear. 

That article also had Graham Potter and David Moyes as options !

Apparently Rosenior was sacked because of a difference in football philosophy with the owner. So IF DR was to be approached presumably the Dull owner would have to be happy with what DRs philosophy is as well.

Not going to happen.

I wonder if Garry Monk is available for the tigers?😂 I’m sure he’d be happy with the philosophy.

9 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Apparently Rosenior was sacked because of a difference in football philosophy with the owner. So IF DR was to be approached presumably the Dull owner would have to be happy with what DRs philosophy is as well.

Not going to happen.

I wonder if Garry Monk is available for the tigers?😂 I’m sure he’d be happy with the philosophy.

But he signed a new three year deal in December, maybe prior to Xmas he did agree with his philosophy!

• Like 1