The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

Thing is, with Blackburn and QPR, they're both getting rid of solid Championship managers and it'll be interesting to see who they bring in. Both clubs are going to have to spend money if they want to have a crack at promotion and also keep their better players

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Thing is, with Blackburn and QPR, they're both getting rid of solid Championship managers and it'll be interesting to see who they bring in. Both clubs are going to have to spend money if they want to have a crack at promotion and also keep their better players

Brereton will be sold by Blackburn, he is why they made a tilt at the top six, I didn't expect them to be up there tbh. 

Indeed, clubs thinking they can do better etc.

It's always a risk changing manager. I know the dingles didn't change theirs when their coach went to Albion but the result has been pretty dramatic.

still think diddy Dave let BFR go 2nd time around (and of course appointing Wilson) caused our Prem demise. Even if BFR did lead us to relegation in 90!

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

I'd have either of them here.

Thing is the grass is rarely greener with another manager. You have to ask if any of these long standing Championship clubs have a realistic chance of promotion.

On the basis that Norwich and Watford will be top 4 sides, Burnley, Leeds or Everton will.

At best you are looking at getting a play off spot, giving a 25% chance of going up. 

Unless you financially implode as we did then generally you will finish 8th to 18th. The odd club, ironically our neighbours and Leeds both got promoted on the strength of the manager but that is the exception to the money basis norm

I'm all for longevity in keeping yer manager....but back in Dec/Jan, I couldn't see any alternative but to get rid of DM....his tinkerin just to keep fringe players happy cost us autos IMO....we didn't have any consistency whatsoever....since then....we're a bit more consistent and he deserves credit for the team spirit he's garnered.... but until the last month or so....he still carried on doing some tinkering and has made some odd matchday team selections.....despite that though, I've changed my opinion.....he deserves another shot....we do need to keep some constants around the club and not carry on being a revolving door for fraudulent chancers....

Edited by MPB

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Neil Lennon reportedly been offered the job but wants to know how much he has to spend before taking it.

I don't get why people keep even going back to him, what's he done? Really? I'll admit I haven't looked through his list of achievements but none stick out in my mind.

Scott Brown is apparently the new Fleetwood Town boss. Being perfectly honest, I couldn't even tell you who he's replacing!

Meanwhile, Michael Appleton and Lee Johnson are among a shortlist of four to be the next Hibs boss. Johnson used to play for Hearts but I'm not overly surprised to hear he's interested in that job. Little prick.

17 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Bit of a shame for Forest Green as it will slightly taint their promotion - sounds like us in 1991 

And a huge risk but opportunity for him

Feel for them, all been very underhand, he resigned at Watford's request, no official approach to FGR

Fleetwood are taking a massive gamble on Scott Brown. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with a side not used to winning.

Could see a few Celtic youngsters being sent south for some game time. Maybe we'll be seeing Mr Shaw again at Hillsborough. 

4 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Feel for them, all been very underhand, he resigned at Watford's request, no official approach to FGR

Stinks, can't blame him for trying his hand in the Championship but the way he and Watford have gone about it is everything that is wrong in football....

• Like 1

On 11/05/2022 at 16:39, Tylluan said:

Fleetwood are taking a massive gamble on Scott Brown. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with a side not used to winning.

Could see a few Celtic youngsters being sent south for some game time. Maybe we'll be seeing Mr Shaw again at Hillsborough. 

From motherwell’s bench to fleetwood’s please happen.

44 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

Will be if it kicks off against Bristol. Him and Barton going at it will be more entertaining than the football. 

Surely Barton will have calmed down a bit wasn’t there an incident with the Barnsley manager

maybe he’s learnt his lesson?