The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

35 minutes ago, Skamp said:

It's experience they'll need not gimmicks. 

Warne would be a good shout for them. 

That would nicely top of the mini pigs week. I suspect it won’t happen though. You know what these new foreign owners are like, style over substance.

if Ashley were to taker over I could see him going for Warne.

1 minute ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

That would nicely top of the mini pigs week. I suspect it won’t happen though. You know what these new foreign owners are like, style over substance.

if Ashley were to taker over I could see him going for Warne.

Foreign?

He's from Derbyshire

Just now, Reesh said:

Foreign?

He's from Derbyshire

Stand corrected I thought they were American???

I thought I’d read it somewhere I’m obviously been reading the wrong  stuff!

Maybe there is a chance they’d look at Warne. Can’t imagine he’ll be on huge wages. 
Whilst Warne has had his health issues, maybe there comes a point when he’ll want to prove himself with a “bigger club”

Stand corrected I thought they were American???

I thought I’d read it somewhere I’m obviously been reading the wrong  stuff!

Maybe there is a chance they’d look at Warne. Can’t imagine he’ll be on huge wages. 
Whilst Warne has had his health issues, maybe there comes a point when he’ll want to prove himself with a “bigger club”

Derby cannot pay his compensation so it'll be an out of work manager 

4 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Derby cannot pay his compensation so it'll be an out of work manager 

Yes that’s true. 
Although what if he were to resign etc. isn’t that how other managers have got around or etc. Would the EFL be able to impose a restriction there, or would they be infringing other workers legal rights.

As for out of work managers with a track record of getting teams promoted, it’s not a long list.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

Yes that’s true. 
Although what if he were to resign etc. isn’t that how other managers have got around or etc. Would the EFL be able to impose a restriction there, or would they be infringing other workers legal rights.

As for out of work managers with a track record of getting team promote, it’s not a long list.

Imagine the stink Stewart would kick up.

BTW after warnes comments the other season I doubt he'd entertain it

You can see the potential attraction of talking the Derby job. Could be seen as a clean slate to take it where you want to, even if the first year could be a struggle to get the players you want, as per DM last season.

A lot could hinge  on how the new owner “sells the club” to prospective managers.

As for Warnes comments previously, whilst I agree that could indicate his feelings- that was also the old ownership etc

According to the local press here, Wade Elliott will be taking over at Cheltenham after Duff went to the Dingles.

Previously in their coaching staff, and of course one of the many players to score against the Owls for two different clubs. 

Sad to say but I would have them as one of the four to go down this season.

18 hours ago, Chelters said:

According to the local press here, Wade Elliott will be taking over at Cheltenham after Duff went to the Dingles.

Previously in their coaching staff, and of course one of the many players to score against the Owls for two different clubs. 

Sad to say but I would have them as one of the four to go down this season.

A star in the Playoffs against United, wasn't he?

5 hours ago, 1banana2banana said:

The most overrated underachieving manager in football at the minute. I honestly don’t get the hype over him and never have. Had a couple of decent seasons with spurs ( yet still won nothing) and that’s it. 

Won the French cup in his first half season and won the French title at a canter last season. Better points per game ratio than Tuchel (who everyone seems to think is awesome).

It's an achievement they didn't all fall out given the personalities he had to manage in that dressing room

• 1 year later...