The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

On 13/05/2022 at 18:03, Reesh said:

Bet he's gutted that Fred, 78 from North Derbyshire "loathes him"

Owlin needs a more imaginative Tinder profile.  One or two embellishments.  A little white lie about your age.  It all helps.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Neil would be far better staying at Sunderland, surely?

Much bigger club than Burnley will ever be. Chance to make himself a hero by taking them back up through the leagues.

His Preston links will put him under pressure at Turf Moor from the off.

He's only got a contract till the end of the season I think has Neil?

17 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Few twitteratis linking Sol Campbell with the QPR job.

Anyone listen to that Notts County podcast on BBC Sounds? 

Campbell rocked up for a few weeks, played one game (and got soundly fucked over in that game) and left... With £250k in his pocket. 

Edited by Tylluan

8 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Anyone listen to that Notts County podcast on BBC Sounds? 

Campbell rocked up for a few weeks, played one game (and got soundly fucked over in that game) and left... With £250k in his pocket. 

What’s that called, Ty?

1 hour ago, LiamOwl said:

What’s that called, Ty?

Trillion dollar conman, sports strangest crime. It's a 6 partner charting Munto finance take over and the long con it involved. It's well worth a listen as they try and track down those responsible. I never knew they even tried to con North Korea using the club.

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Trillion dollar conman, sports strangest crime. It's a 6 partner charting Munto finance take over and the long con it involved. It's well worth a listen as they try and track down those responsible. I never knew they even tried to con North Korea using the club.

Jersey based conman.

Just been imprisoned after extradition from Bahrain (IIRC)

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Cheers Ty, I’ll give it a listen. 

10 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

They really take the piss at that club! 

Gary Neville. 100% hypocritical ****.

Enriched himself from sky money and benefitted from significant tax avoidance schemes 

Did the non -league equivalent of PSG /City wth a foreign billionaires cash yet castigatws others for doing the very same.

Hope he gets monkey bummed 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Andyben said:

Enriched himself from sky money and benefitted from significant tax avoidance schemes 

Did the non -league equivalent of PSG /City wth a foreign billionaires cash yet castigatws others for doing the very same.

Loves the Wednesday though does Gaz. 

19 hours ago, Andyben said:

Love today seeing some of his previous twitter posts about clubs needing to give managers 2-3 years to build…… 

36 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

He likes teams where the locals are inbred then

At least in Cheltenham the interbreeding keeps the gene pool higher quality than the riff raff. 
You’d have to pay me a shitload to move from Cheltenham to Barnsley. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

He did a lot of media work on Talksport previously - it wouldn't surprise me if he just stuck to that. 

I know Talksport pay well but West Ham were letting him do that on top of his day job. 

9 minutes ago, MPB said:

What's TalkSport like these days, is it still radio clickbait and Jim White?

Its a very hit and miss with some decent Broadcasters such as Danny Kelly and even though some dislike him Adrian Durham.  Brazil still worth a listen and Laura Woods OK but better on Instagram.  The ex pros such as Ally McCoist, Ray Parlour and Andy Townsend are good but some of the newer ones are horrendous - Darren Bent, Agbonlahor and Charlie Austin.  Andy Goldstein and Darren Bent are particularly bad on Drive. 

Danny Kelly always has been an excellent broadcaster, I stopped listening when Darren Gough was treated like a demi-god and not a thick as puddin' gob shite.....!

Oh and Chris Sutton started playin the pantomime villain but just managed to come across like a prize bellend.....

Edited by MPB