The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

22 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Sometimes to progress you have to make or accept decisions you might not agree with or like.

He’s the best person available for the situation we find ourselves in 

He is past it and even if it was tongue in cheek years ago, the fact he said he would love the Wednesday job so he could relegate us means he can fuck off and then fuck off again just to be sure.

Crikey you will be wanting Joe Elliot and Paul Heaton to do a half time gig next 

58 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Sometimes to progress you have to make or accept decisions you might not agree with or like.

Can you imagine what would follow if, having said what he said back when, he actually delivered on his promise?   

10 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Crikey you will be wanting Joe Elliot and Paul Heaton to do a half time gig next 

Anyone if it meant the Rev didn't get the gig. 

I've not been agreeing with Nev much lately but Warnock's record at Huddersfield and at other short term jobs he's done have a lot to be admired. 

His Mrs wasn't expecting him back this side of Christmas so he's got time on his hands. He might not take it but I'd bring him on a short term, stop the rot and sort them out, contract while we take our time finding the next long term manager (and not just whoever Paixao whispers in Chansiri's ear about). Warnock was on a similar contract at Huddersfield with a load of bonuses attached so he'd probably take it. 

It would also be a media goldmine for him as he'd do interview after interview sound biting stuff like "oh they must be desperate if they've called for me" and "I never thought I'd say this but this could be my crowning glory if I can turn this around". But inside he'd be doing miracles to get us going cos he wouldn't want to be seen to be failing here when he's been successful elsewhere, especially if Moore gets off to a flyer with his team. 

All that bollox about wanting to manage us so he could relegate us was just pandering to his audience at the time. Warnock has a lot of professional pride in what he does and if we were his last job then he's not going out with a relegation. 

Warnock wouldn't let Chansiri get away with any of the press conference shite when he introduced Munoz. He'd probably have more control over the amount of influence Chansiri's 'many advisors' have over transfers, if he's still here in January (when did Warnock last buy someone you'd never heard of) and players wouldn't be playing out of position with him. It's definitely square holes square pegs with him. 

It won't happen, it's just wishful thinking, but it probably would work and if I was Chansiri then I'd do it just to watch the fanbase meltdown then start to reappear once the points started coming. 

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

You are having a laugh arnt you?

he fucking hates us as much as we hate him. And that would divide us more than anything.

10 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Anyone if it meant the Rev didn't get the gig. 

I've not been agreeing with Nev much lately but Warnock's record at Huddersfield and at other short term jobs he's done have a lot to be admired. 

His Mrs wasn't expecting him back this side of Christmas so he's got time on his hands. He might not take it but I'd bring him on a short term, stop the rot and sort them out, contract while we take our time finding the next long term manager (and not just whoever Paixao whispers in Chansiri's ear about). Warnock was on a similar contract at Huddersfield with a load of bonuses attached so he'd probably take it. 

It would also be a media goldmine for him as he'd do interview after interview sound biting stuff like "oh they must be desperate if they've called for me" and "I never thought I'd say this but this could be my crowning glory if I can turn this around". But inside he'd be doing miracles to get us going cos he wouldn't want to be seen to be failing here when he's been successful elsewhere, especially if Moore gets off to a flyer with his team. 

All that bollox about wanting to manage us so he could relegate us was just pandering to his audience at the time. Warnock has a lot of professional pride in what he does and if we were his last job then he's not going out with a relegation. 

Warnock wouldn't let Chansiri get away with any of the press conference shite when he introduced Munoz. He'd probably have more control over the amount of influence Chansiri's 'many advisors' have over transfers, if he's still here in January (when did Warnock last buy someone you'd never heard of) and players wouldn't be playing out of position with him. It's definitely square holes square pegs with him. 

It won't happen, it's just wishful thinking, but it probably would work and if I was Chansiri then I'd do it just to watch the fanbase meltdown then start to reappear once the points started coming. 

Not you as well. 
fucks sake.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Winco said:

You are having a laugh arnt you?

he fucking hates us as much as we hate him. And that would divide us more than anything.

He absolutely doesn't. I used to hate him 'til I met him socially a few years ago. He was joking about the relegation gubbins.  Can't believe that people took it seriously and still do. Turns out that he's  a decent bloke, who absolutely loves the game and talks a lot of common sense football wise.

Last time he was linked with us some said he was past it.... two promotions to PL since and a couple of relegation saves against all the odds.

The ship has sailed now I think but on a short term gig he'd definitely  get the current shambles on an even keel. Its what he does consistently.

• Like 1

Scenario for you. 

We lose at home to Huddersfield and Chansiri fires Munoz (which could be now more likely if we lose to Moore's team)

Let's say he appoints Warnock on the Monday. That's 12 days to work with the team and do all the media stuff but it's also 20 days before his first home game.

From some fans perspective it's 12 days to rip a season ticket up. It's 12 days of apocalyptic meltdown on various forums (probably including this one) and social media. It's 12 days to protest outside the club and burn a shirt or two while Look North and Calendar have got the cameras there and Chansiri's watching it all back in Thailand. It's 12 days for the likes of Hargreaves and McClure to get their media time and become the 'voice of the fans' and no matter how anti-Warnock you are do you really want that? Because they'll be leading the charge to Hillsborough and they'll make sure they're front and centre for the media.

But Warnock will take all that in his stride. He won't give two monkeys for it. Warnock doesn't have to win over 25000 fans. He has to win over 2500 away support at Watford and he'll have instilled that in the team. The motivational talks won't be about positivity. They'll be about being solid and snapping into tackles and running blood to water for the shirt. Watch the difference between Huddersfield's game against Wigan and the game against Birmingham and he had a week to do that (with a lost to Stoke In-between) He's then got another away following for a midweek at Plymouth and some of those will have been at Watford and it's the same again.

He takes 3 or more points out of those two games and Saturday's game against Rotherham becomes different. There'll probably be talk of demonstrations and tennis balls but Warnock is extremely good at deflecting and the build up will be all about taking your anger out on him but supporting the team. A lot of fans will look at the points and performances and not the manager and if the same happens against Rotherham then the mood will change. 6 points or more after those 3 games and the noise quietens down. 

Again, it'll never happen because Warnock won't be appointed because Chansiri doesn't think like a football club owner. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reesh said:

Some fucking closet Berties on here, but you're all on fucking notice, you murdering Shoreham *****.

Like we’ve been hacked by pigsmad. Outright wanting a dye hard pig **** who has openly admitted he would love to take us down. 
no thanks I’d rather us go down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Scenario for you. 

We lose at home to Huddersfield and Chansiri fires Munoz (which could be now more likely if we lose to Moore's team)

Let's say he appoints Warnock on the Monday. That's 12 days to work with the team and do all the media stuff but it's also 20 days before his first home game.

From some fans perspective it's 12 days to rip a season ticket up. It's 12 days of apocalyptic meltdown on various forums (probably including this one) and social media. It's 12 days to protest outside the club and burn a shirt or two while Look North and Calendar have got the cameras there and Chansiri's watching it all back in Thailand. It's 12 days for the likes of Hargreaves and McClure to get their media time and become the 'voice of the fans' and no matter how anti-Warnock you are do you really want that? Because they'll be leading the charge to Hillsborough and they'll make sure they're front and centre for the media.

But Warnock will take all that in his stride. He won't give two monkeys for it. Warnock doesn't have to win over 25000 fans. He has to win over 2500 away support at Watford and he'll have instilled that in the team. The motivational talks won't be about positivity. They'll be about being solid and snapping into tackles and running blood to water for the shirt. Watch the difference between Huddersfield's game against Wigan and the game against Birmingham and he had a week to do that (with a lost to Stoke In-between) He's then got another away following for a midweek at Plymouth and some of those will have been at Watford and it's the same again.

He takes 3 or more points out of those two games and Saturday's game against Rotherham becomes different. There'll probably be talk of demonstrations and tennis balls but Warnock is extremely good at deflecting and the build up will be all about taking your anger out on him but supporting the team. A lot of fans will look at the points and performances and not the manager and if the same happens against Rotherham then the mood will change. 6 points or more after those 3 games and the noise quietens down. 

Again, it'll never happen because Warnock won't be appointed because Chansiri doesn't think like a football club owner. 

As much as I’ve got respect for you with your obvious football knowledge and as a lifelong wednesdayite, how the fuck can you even think that having warnock here is a positive thing?

the fan base would implode. 

2 minutes ago, Winco said:

As much as I’ve got respect for you with your obvious football knowledge and as a lifelong wednesdayite, how the fuck can you even think that having warnock here is a positive thing?

the fan base would implode. 

It would be as popular as bringing in Russell Brand to manage the women's team 

21 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Scenario for you. 

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap then have a blood transfusion off an aids riddled junkie than appoint Warnock.

• Like 1

Anyway, back to Colin. 

I can see the appeal, he gets things done and my god do we need that right now. But.....

Him being in charge for us, is something of nightmares for many (maybe most) Owls. We'd have to wait and watch to find out if what he said all those years ago was true, and in the shit state we're in, it's hard to not see anything but it going belly up. 

No, he won't take the shit from DC. But also, would DC run the risk of having someone as outspoken as him? Pulis seemed to sail close to the wind once or twice of being on the precipice of saying something, but I think to coin a well oiled phrase on here... 'He could smell the greenbacks' and that's the only reason he didn't open up. 

Colin might take a parting shot, would DC want that? Or would he risk that?  On top of all the shit he's getting right now... I'm not so sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Scenario for you. 

Really good points. Of course it'll not happen though agreed. Apart from your last 8 or 9 words there's  little doubt that some/many would genuinely choose relegation over seeing him as manager..... even on a short term appointment. To be clear though, he 100% does not hate us and never has done. In fact he'd  love to poke the other lot in the eye by turning us round after the way he left them.... or at least would have done a few years back. Doubt he'd  want the hassle now.

Like I say it'll never happen, for whatever reason. 

But if not then who?

Taking the reasoning behind why out of it, we're currently a basket case of a club. We've an unbalanced squad of 25 that we can't change until January unless we bring in the kids. The squad is also devoid of fitness and belief and goes through the motions as soon as the struggle begins. The transfer policy seems to be dictated by anything from Att playing football manager on his XBOX to a multitude of 'contacts' in Europe who've found an 'absolute bargain guvnor. You'll double your money in 2 years.'

Warnock is getting mentioned because he's become available and there's no one better at 'being Warnock' than him. Out of the current managers only Pearson comes close to his bloody mindedness. 

But no manager with the Championship experience we need who's currently in a job will leave that to come to our currently sinking ship. Those talking about Ryan Lowe (and there are many) need to go back under the duvet and wait for nurse to come round with the meds trolley. 

Dean Smith seems the obvious choice, but I don't think he'd take it. He's comfy being a pundit until something better comes along. If Dyche becomes available then I doubt he'd take it as his gardening leave payoff will make him comfortable until a bottom end Premier team comes in for him to try and rescue. Chansiri probably wouldn't go back to Cowley. Nathan Jones didn't make the cut last time. You'd have the usual suspects being mentioned, including some that haven't worked for years (Billy Davies wants another crack at management) and some that would be useless (Lampard) then you'd have Mad Mick, even madder Holloway, unproven John Terry etc etc. 

And then another random European will be introduced to the press in mid November 

31 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Really good points. Of course it'll not happen though agreed. Apart from your last 8 or 9 words there's  little doubt that some/many would genuinely choose relegation over seeing him as manager..... even on a short term appointment. To be clear though, he 100% does not hate us and never has done. In fact he'd  love to poke the other lot in the eye by turning us round after the way he left them.... or at least would have done a few years back. Doubt he'd  want the hassle now.

Closet Pig

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Pretty fucking sad that and apparently we're the ones with the issue for considering him. No wonder this club has struggled to make progress in the last 30 years

They don't have issues taking former owls and apparently it's them that's obsessed with us

Steve, that you?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Like I say it'll never happen, for whatever reason. 

But if not then who?

Taking the reasoning behind why out of it, we're currently a basket case of a club. We've an unbalanced squad of 25 that we can't change until January unless we bring in the kids. The squad is also devoid of fitness and belief and goes through the motions as soon as the struggle begins. The transfer policy seems to be dictated by anything from Att playing football manager on his XBOX to a multitude of 'contacts' in Europe who've found an 'absolute bargain guvnor. You'll double your money in 2 years.'

Warnock is getting mentioned because he's become available and there's no one better at 'being Warnock' than him. Out of the current managers only Pearson comes close to his bloody mindedness. 

But no manager with the Championship experience we need who's currently in a job will leave that to come to our currently sinking ship. Those talking about Ryan Lowe (and there are many) need to go back under the duvet and wait for nurse to come round with the meds trolley. 

Dean Smith seems the obvious choice, but I don't think he'd take it. He's comfy being a pundit until something better comes along. If Dyche becomes available then I doubt he'd take it as his gardening leave payoff will make him comfortable until a bottom end Premier team comes in for him to try and rescue. Chansiri probably wouldn't go back to Cowley. Nathan Jones didn't make the cut last time. You'd have the usual suspects being mentioned, including some that haven't worked for years (Billy Davies wants another crack at management) and some that would be useless (Lampard) then you'd have Mad Mick, even madder Holloway, unproven John Terry etc etc. 

And then another random European will be introduced to the press in mid November 

As it stands our most 'realistic' hope is that Xisco will yet work the oracle notwithstanding his bizarre press conferences which are likely fuelled by anger at some quizzers, pressure and language barrier.

To make the wholesale changes that transpired without anything like a proper pre-season was always going to be a mountainous task. To paraphrase someone else, I would love it, love it, if he goes on to turn things round and metaphorically shoves the words of the slimy smartarses giving him grief now up their (sometimes) fat arses. Playing a left footed LWB as LWB might help.

In the words of another sage; "it's  a funny old game" 

Moore is only as good as the squad he has, and as we saw, when the wheels come off, they properly come off as he has no plan B.

Just on Warnock, if we are in dire straits he’s the TYPE on manager I’d take, but it would not be him specifically. We would need someone to come in, get us fit and organized, get us working hard and be able to motivate us.

Those types of managers may be put off when they look at the squad, especially if they think we haven’t got the players to do it. But are getting close to that line if the results don’t start to come.

If we lose tomorrow who would give Xisco the boot, or would you give him until the International Break to improve things ?  Appreciate it is not our decision so anything could happen.

Personally think a defeat and I am getting shut.  Really thought he had a bit of something but sadly not.  He spouts absolute nonsense and honestly can't see how his instructions come across to players.

The only group of fans placated by the appointment of Colin would be the 1867 nob heads because it supports their rhetoric that Chansiri doesn't know what he's doing. Even if the prick was appointed and did well there'd still be enough ill feeling among some fans that they'd be able to attract support.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

If we lose tomorrow who would give Xisco the boot, or would you give him until the International Break to improve things ?  Appreciate it is not our decision so anything could happen.

Personally think a defeat and I am getting shut.  Really thought he had a bit of something but sadly not.  He spouts absolute nonsense and honestly can't see how his instructions come across to players.

Those recent press conferences show Munoz is under pressure but I'd still give him til the break. 

But if we capitulate to Huddersfield and that little shit wasp Jamie Smith is jumping around on their bench then that's Munoz done, for me. 

53 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Those recent press conferences show Munoz is under pressure but I'd still give him til the break. 

But if we capitulate to Huddersfield and that little shit wasp Jamie Smith is jumping around on their bench then that's Munoz done, for me. 

It does, but also. Staton isn't avoiding fuelling the fire. James has been part of the squad, albeit not involved on the pitch so much. MJ isn't being involved for whatever reason and it's clear that XM isn't going to mention why. He's swerved the question on numerous occasions now. It's a pointless question asking about him continually, then hiding behind the 'fans want to know', because he ISN'T going to get the answer. So, move on and ask him something else pertinent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

It does, but also. Staton isn't avoiding fuelling the fire. James has been part of the squad, albeit not involved on the pitch so much. MJ isn't being involved for whatever reason and it's clear that XM isn't going to mention why. He's swerved the question on numerous occasions now. It's a pointless question asking about him continually, then hiding behind the 'fans want to know', because he ISN'T going to get the answer. So, move on and ask him something else pertinent.

Staton being deliberately provocative. Pity Xisco’s English  isn't  good enough to calmly put him in his place. 

• Like 1

Always enjoy reading the posts on here when Colin becoming our manager is mentioned.

It’s the only time rational and well balanced posters on here flip their lid and would rather anything happen than us have Colin in charge, even when taking into account his managerial record.

I think I’ll continue to sit on the fence on this one and carry on munching away on my popcorn. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellsview said:

Always enjoy reading the posts on here when Colin becoming our manager is mentioned.

It’s the only time rational and well balanced posters on here flip their lid and would rather anything happen than us have Colin in charge, even when taking into account his managerial record.

I think I’ll continue to sit on the fence on this one and carry on munching away on my popcorn. 😂

What? You ****, ****

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bellsview said:

I hope he doesn't make you choke on it one day, pal.  😉