The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

10 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Ashley Westwood.

The one we had alongside Danny Maddix in that period…..

Is now, the manager of the Afghanistan national team.

What's him and his subservient wife going to do in the evening? Apparently there's a problem with a telly ban out there.

16 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Wtf?  I'll NOT have a pint of what you're supping.  

A pint of champagne would be a treat

Sorry mate was out from 12-8 on alunch toasting the  event which is firststep on journey to me buying the club. 

Three years all being well...

10 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

I honestly think Warne was the plan, that they thought sooner or later he'd be sacked and they could "bring him home" cos they really don't seem to have any other plans.

Warne must be on borrowed time but as we know League 1 for bigger clubs isn't a cakewalk.

Stewart had to act after that 5 nowt

I think this answers it…

"He is a dynamic young coach with significant international experience. We agreed on the objectives for this season, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the team.

"Overall, the process went smoothly and we can start preparing for the important weeks ahead.

"Xisco and his two colleagues will arrive in Dunaszerdahely tomorrow accompanied by their agents, after which their contracts with our club can be signed.

"Xisco will take over the management of the team from Tuesday.”

• 2 weeks later...

They are all a bit tetchy them Blades.

I have called out that the reason why they are in this mess is a combination of the ten bob prince and Wilder… they don’t like that. I have to keep reminding them that he spent 150 million on some right shit, and managed to amass a 80 million quid wage bill.

50 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I have called out that the reason why they are in this mess is a combination of the ten bob prince and Wilder… they don’t like that. I have to keep reminding them that he spent 150 million on some right shit, and managed to amass a 80 million quid wage bill.

Just mention the new likely owners Macquarie Bank 

53 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

They don't realise how close they were to going in to the brown stuff had Heckingbottom not got them up.

48 minutes ago, Reesh said:

They don't realise how close they were to going in to the brown stuff had Heckingbottom not got them up.

That’s still very much on the table. I’ve been told that the wage bill is not high but unsustainable (around 35 million a year). Relegation to the Champ means they will have to reduce that by 2/3rds. They’ve even spent the parachute payments for at least the next season.

25 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Heckingbottom to Rotherham  ?

I know there's a lot of love between the clubs but I think Rotherham fans would have a meltdown if Heckingbottom went straight in to there. 

But there's more pressure on Tony Stewart now Matt Taylor is the new manager at Bristol Rovers. There's a lot of Millers now thinking if there was no one to step straight in then why sack him. The results and style of play hasn't changed with the interim. 

24 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I know there's a lot of love between the clubs but I think Rotherham fans would have a meltdown if Heckingbottom went straight in to there. 

But there's more pressure on Tony Stewart now Matt Taylor is the new manager at Bristol Rovers. There's a lot of Millers now thinking if there was no one to step straight in then why sack him. The results and style of play hasn't changed with the interim. 

There was a Rotherham fan I heard on the radio after the game on Saturday who said, If they don’t want him, we’ll definitely have him