The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

30 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Cooper sacked at Forest 

Nunez whatsit expected to be announced 

I’ve got to say, I’m almost in agreement about Cooper. They’ve not improved and have looked awful for a few weeks now with a very expensively assembled squad.

Not sure whether Nunez is the answer, but we’ll see. It’s them who are keeping the Pigs alive.

Just now, KrolMong said:

I’ve got to say, I’m almost in agreement about Cooper. They’ve not improved and have looked awful for a few weeks now with a very expensively assembled squad.

Not sure whether Nunez is the answer, but we’ll see. It’s them who are keeping the Pigs alive.

Yeah but Wilder and Bog Roll Bill are cutting themselves anyway....

I'd like to on place record my appreciation of DM.  Yes he was involved partly in our relegation and then fucked up autos and a record points tally but he gave us that 2nd leg and the 120+ minute at Wembley.

We'll never know what close season could have brought but we are where we are.

He has my best wishes 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skamp said:

I'd like to on place record my appreciation of DM.  Yes he was involved partly in our relegation and then fucked up autos and a record points tally but he gave us that 2nd leg and the 120+ minute at Wembley.

We'll never know what close season could have brought but we are where we are.

He has my best wishes 

Totally agree Skamp.

Hope he stays in tenure long enough to help us with this year's miracle recovery. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Skamp said:

How long do you think Ten Hag will be given? They're already 6 points off any sort of Euro spot and what I've seen of them, they're not much better than average.

I watch a lot of them and the problem is very very similar to what we've had over the past 5/6seasons.

Bruno Fernandes is their Barry Bannan

He doesn't have the positional discipline to play as the 10, unlike Bernardo Silva who I think is probably the best player in the PL, and tries to do everything but the rest of the team isn't good enough to carry him.

The parallels are uncanny and I've said for a long time to my Man U supporting mates and work colleagues he should be sold.

Get same reaction  as BB -'best player' 'look at his stats' etc  but it's a team game and he's too selfish to play where he should - as a proper 10 - Sheringhamesque - and if he did Hojlund would have had a hat full. 

They also need to look at the wings. One wide player HAS  to be a provider, can't play both as "cut inside and hit it" inside forwards, and if you are doing that, play Mount as  a false 9 as there's no point having a traditional 9.

Sell Bruno. Get Kimmich and play Greenwood/Mount  off Hojlund as a proper 2. With Pellistri/ Sancho on the  Right and Garnacho / Rashford left - or flog Rashford to PSG and look at the wee Jap at Brighton.

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 1

I’m not convinced by Hojlund. I can’t see an obvious strength in him. He’s not quickest, he’s not the strongest, his link up and touch play is not great, and he lacks predatory movement in the 18 yard box. He’s not helped by the utter shite that is playing wide, but, he gets bullied every game.