The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

How long has Moore got? Could he…..

All joking aside, we messed up with Xisco but Moore wouldn’t have done much if any better.

I think we will improve with the new set up and I’m looking forward to them putting their stamp on things in Jan and end of the season (subject to embargo obviously)

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Is that possible if they’re paying him up? 

Most of these dismissals are settled by compromise argument for sure. I was going on the basis he was in hospital and commented about health issues this week. Normally you would have to be brave as an employer to get rid of someone off ill

• Like 1

Decent pedigree as a youth coach at Chelsea then worked first team under Lampard and Tuchel. Followed Lampard to Everton and went to England under 20s when Lampard got sacked. 

Very much a 'front foot' coach who likes to play a bit direct then swarm in behind to contain the ball upfield.

25 minutes ago, Boracic Lint said:

Phil Neville has a 43% win rate over his career, 54% in his job before Miami.

Most of that win rate comes from his time with the England Women's team. Bob, who coaches Ecclesfield u14s, would have had a similar percentage with the squad he had. 

I've been 'privileged' to watch a couple of Neville's England coaching sessions and I've seen better sessions from Tony Pulis.

11 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Most of that win rate comes from his time with the England Women's team. Bob, who coaches Ecclesfield u14s, would have had a similar percentage with the squad he had. 

I've been 'privileged' to watch a couple of Neville's England coaching sessions and I've seen better sessions from Tony Pulis.

I'm well aware.

I was also told repeatedly last season that none of that matters, only win rate.

11 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I once went 52 games unbeaten, 45 of those being wins. Win rate is all relevant to who you're coaching and what they're up against. 

Not when it came to DM.

The only time context was allowed is if you're using COVID as a reason for relegation.

Fun fact: DM actually got more PPG when in hospital than when he was on the touchline that season.