The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

8 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Some of our fans would be complaining we'd got Peter back.   🙄

When a number 2 turned out to be a number 2.

I wasted too much taxpayers money ie my university grant on watching them games that Frey Bentos could have had 

• Haha 1

I’d take Eustace as well. Brum were favourites for the drop last season and he kept them up, easily. They look to have improved this season and I watched them play WBA. They played well.

If it doesn’t come off with Rohl then I hope we approach him next.

What are Brum thinking though? Crazy decision to sack him.

37 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

I’d take Eustace as well. Brum were favourites for the drop last season and he kept them up, easily. They look to have improved this season and I watched them play WBA. They played well.

All about money and raising the profile of Brum in the Yank market. Tom Brady has summat to do with it 

2 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Remember the Potzos (sp?) taking over Watford and sacking Sean Dyche, replacing him with Gianfranco Zola?  Sean took Burnley up not long after whilst Franco left.  

Been others like that since. 

Edited by Owling_Wolf

I can’t work out if Rooney is a good or a bad coach. He had his hands well and truly tied at Derby, and actually would have been relegated a year earlier had it not been for our points deduction. The year they got relegated, had it not been for the 21 points being taken off, then they’d have stayed up easily.

His record in America is poor, won 14, lost 26, drew 13.

Is he good enough to give the Brum owners what they want? I’d suggest not.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I can’t work out if Rooney is a good or a bad coach. He had his hands well and truly tied at Derby, and actually would have been relegated a year earlier had it not been for our points deduction. The year they got relegated, had it not been for the 21 points being taken off, then they’d have stayed up easily.

Can see him ending up as a new Big Sam / Colin firefighter type.

He's not going to win you the league but he's a big enough character to put any discipline to bed and seems like a decent motivator.

Most struggling teams usually have disciplineand morale issues and he seems to be the type of bloke who can get to grips with that.

A lot of DC United fans are saying he had his hands similarly tied while there but took a bottom placed team to pushing for the playoffs in his first season. 

At Derby he relied a lot on Rosenior to do the heavy lifting on the coaching front and it sort of fell away when he went to Hull. 

Most Birmingham fans are hating the idea and see it as Rowett-Zola all over again. 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

A lot of DC United fans are saying he had his hands similarly tied while there but took a bottom placed team to pushing for the playoffs in his first season. 

At Derby he relied a lot on Rosenior to do the heavy lifting on the coaching front and it sort of fell away when he went to Hull. 

Most Birmingham fans are hating the idea and see it as Rowett-Zola all over again. 

Rosenior is doing a good job at Hull too.

3 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Hopefully not!  

3 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Rosenior took over from Rooney didn't he

19 hours ago, mkowl said:

Rowett gone at Millwall

18 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Warne can't have too much longer, seems to be getting a bit desperate now.

There's a murmur coming out of Derby, especially as Warne has come out in the local press and pointed fingers at players. 

5 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

There's a murmur coming out of Derby, especially as Warne has come out in the local press and pointed fingers at players. 

That's what I'd seen Ty, hiding to nothing when you're pointing the finger at players you signed.

It's funny cos I reckon Taylor's got to be on borrowed time at Rotherham unall

Rotherham fans have never taken to Taylor, mainly cos he's not Warne, but it's been hard for him when he's lost a couple of his better players and had about half of Warne's last budget to spend and he's misspent that. 

Thing is I think if they booted Taylor and Warne was available then the fanbase would be 50/50 on having him back. 

But Warne would slot in somewhere like Lincoln if they're still looking and the Cowley's have gone to the New York instead of going back to Sincil Bank 

50 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Rotherham fans have never taken to Taylor, mainly cos he's not Warne, but it's been hard for him when he's lost a couple of his better players and had about half of Warne's last budget to spend and he's misspent that. 

Thing is I think if they booted Taylor and Warne was available then the fanbase would be 50/50 on having him back. 

But Warne would slot in somewhere like Lincoln if they're still looking and the Cowley's have gone to the New York instead of going back to Sincil Bank 

"You can never go back."  

53 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Pascal Chimbonda is the new head coach of Skelmersdale United. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67139574

BBC always go to the flag waving stance.

Who's being the racists when it's always about colour when a black manager gets hired? Surely the owners just thought he was the right man for the job and that he wasn't chosen because of his colouring