The all new Managerial Merry-go-round thread

Reesh

15 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Stoke have enquired as to Warnock's availability and if he fancies stepping in til the end of the season. 

Birmingham are desperate for Mowbray to be back in the dug out after Easter

Don't you dare, Colin.  

44 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Them Thornbridge v Frecheville riots got proper lairy bitd 

It's funny you should say that. You're not far off with that but you've got the institutions wrong. It wasn't between schools, (neither of which I attended, btw), but pubs.   The Birley Gang vs the 'Arra.   

(The Birley Hotel is at Frecheville and not to be confused with the Frecheville, which was at Birley!)   You'll know the Old Harrow at Basegreen, Gleadless. (Fox Lane / White Lane.)  Sadly it's now The Bay of Bengal eatery.

I grew up near the Birley Hotel but spent my youth in the Arra, somehow steering clear of all / any shit shows that occurred. 

Fred I worked in the Arra as a lad.

We also used it as our home pub when I played for Hollinsend....

Always lots of 'them" drinking there and I was working the day Hopkins scored in play off final.

Was a fun evening when the coach came back....

Edited by Andyben
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Always lots of 'them" drinking there and I was working the day Hopkins scored in play off final.

Fucking 🐷area that.

• Like 1

On an unrelated note, there seems to be a lot of speculation surrounding Hansi Flicks next job, with Barca and Liverpool both touted. It'd be such a Wednesday thing to do for Röhl to keep us up and then leave to become Flick's assistant again...

49 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

On an unrelated note, there seems to be a lot of speculation surrounding Hansi Flicks next job, with Barca and Liverpool both touted. It'd be such a Wednesday thing to do for Röhl to keep us up and then leave to become Flick's assistant again...

He won't be an assistant again.

50 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Surely they've back end loaded his contract Ty with a decent bonus for keeping them up?

They will have done but deflated team, downward spiral, not enough games, tried my best yada yada yada. 

It's easy to do and still keep a reputation in tact. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Andyben said:

Once I'd left school all my then  mates went in t'Arra. I spent 4 or 5 years in there most nights of the week as a kid before we moved to a pub in town. Never went back.  About a dozen of us. Of those who went to football, all bar one were Wednesday. 

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

They will have done but deflated team, downward spiral, not enough games, tried my best yada yada yada. 

It's easy to do and still keep a reputation in tact. 

I think he'll keep them up.  Which is bad news for us.  When he came for the interview & it was him or Monk, I didn't want either but thought that Monk was the lesser evil.  In hindsight, Rowett would have been a much better option, although the football would still have been painful to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, mkowl said:

Suggestion Foster at Plymouth will be getting the heave Hoe 

12 hours ago, mkowl said:

Warnock to join 🙉

He's gone, but DoF has taken over til the end of the season.

They've shit their pants as they're playing Rotherham Saturday...

24 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Playing on Friday

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Yep seen that 

Irony is the Huddersfield fans were even more dreading Warnock having a say 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

The jungle drums of social media are suggesting Kieran McKenna is being considered for a return to Man United 

He'd last two minutes as the man in charge. Might make someone a decent number 2 though. 

He seems to have done a great job with Ipswich but as you say that would be very brave to put him straight in as the top man.
Could he be drafted in with a prospect of him getting it down the line, a bit like the scousers did with the succession from Shankly, Paisley etc.

56 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

He seems to have done a great job with Ipswich but as you say that would be very brave to put him straight in as the top man.
Could he be drafted in with a prospect of him getting it down the line, a bit like the scousers did with the succession from Shankly, Paisley etc.

Would he want to return to Man Utd under that promise? There's no guarantee he'd get the top job if he went back under those circumstances 

14 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Still stirring though isn't he. 

He is a journalist, expect nothing less.

We simply have to accept that Rohl will be eyed up by other Championship clubs or more likely some in Germany. 

Doesn't matter if they get on with the owner or not, they might fuck off. 

Interesting that Swansea are taking legal action against Martin. On the basis Southampton were still in the EPL when the initial contact was made and his contract stipulated higher compensation

11 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Rotherham sack their manager

Got a lot to do with the size of his shopping list for next season and how much it would have cost 'uncle Tony'

Toytowners better get used to a good few seasons in League 1 as the cheque book will be used sparingly