2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

48 minutes ago, NorwichOwl said:

I know we only saw  him for 20 minutes but Fletcher didn't strike me as giving us the pace we need up front.

Ref. didn't give him much chance to, pal.  When did having the ball become a free kick offence?   

We won't know for a while just what we've got in him but i saw enough to see he looks like he's got pace and power that we otherwise don't have up front.  Time will tell how much.

58 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Reports saying Josh Onomah actually having a chat tonight with the manager.

I recall him being with us but couldn’t say I can think of anything good/ poor about him which probably means he was OK without being outstanding.

what’s your recollection/ thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I recall him being with us but couldn’t say I can think of anything good/ poor about him which probably means he was OK without being outstanding.

Was very stop start when we had him but his versatility could be a welcome addition.

Potentially an FDB type? Which is something we are missing, ie can carry the ball.
I vaguely recall him being able to run with the ball. Funny how I’m struggling to recall him in games. Might have a look back a couple of game highlights if I have a spare 15mins.

Did the snake Bruce bring him in? If so, despite what happened he generally brought in decent loans etc.

Bernard is quite an impressive signing I think given that he’s free and at a good age. Perfect for championship clubs looking to develop a potential gem. Famewo similar last summer. So I’m surprised we got him really but great news as he looks handy and much more the type we need when compared to Poole who lacks a bit of pace. 

I thought we might be going for Swansea style possession but seems more likely we will be looking to sign a fair few who can keep running with the ball. Not really had that since JJ, Helan and Antonio. Onomah seems a bit languid but if we are targeting him he’s another athletic player who tends to carry the ball. 

2 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

In terms of style if you combined Dennis Adeniran and Jaques Maghoma you get Josh Onomah 

What i am liking is most of the players signed, and even most of the players rumoured, are players that look to try and turn forward rather than just look to pass backward and sideways.

Looks promising, i know it doesn't always work but it is promising and dare to say it, exciting 😄

It might all come together this season 🤞 and be okay, if it doesn't work but doesn't go totally tits up, next season could be a cracker 🤑.