2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

Declan Turner currently with Brisbane Roar u20s. Can't find out much about him other than he's a right footed centre half who's been with them since u15s.

Chmiel's a centre forward. Been at Blackburn since he was 6 and was highly thought of but his goals have dried up a bit recently. His contract is up at the end of this season and he's free to trial with other clubs as he's 18. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, KrolMong said:

If Dyche can’t get Ali motivated in the summer. He’s finished.

He’s on absurd money, 6 figures a week. So unless he has a reality check, no one will touch him with a barge pole. He’s out of contract in 2024, and that could be it for him.

The money he's made, he's set for life.

Absolute waste.

4 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Interesting…. Does that mean, Reece James and/or Marv may not be in our plans from next season.

I think we may be edging our bets.

Marv does have a club extension trigger on his contract but he'll be 33 next season.  James has got another year left at Blackpool so will probably cost if we want him permanently. We could end up in a bidding war as Hull have tentatively enquired as they're not renewing Calum Elder's contract. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2023 at 18:42, Tylluan said:

I think we may be edging our bets.

Marv does have a club extension trigger on his contract but he'll be 33 next season.  James has got another year left at Blackpool so will probably cost if we want him permanently. We could end up in a bidding war as Hull have tentatively enquired as they're not renewing Calum Elder's contract. 

Thinking of left sided players Ty what's your thoughts on Ethan Bristow at Tranmere ?  Red hot fast and physically definitely upto the job, technically looks fine and I reckon there is a decent player in there.......only seen him twice though, so even I might look decent twice 😁

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Thinking of left sided players Ty what's your thoughts on Ethan Bristow at Tranmere ?  Red hot fast and physically definitely upto the job, technically looks fine and I reckon there is a decent player in there.......only seen him twice though, so even I might look decent twice 😁

Raw but promising and currently being watched by Peterborough and Barnsley. 

A few eyebrows were raised when Reading announced they weren't renewing his contract. He'd won quite a few young player of the month awards in PL2 and broke into the first team for a few cup games. 

He's got another year left on his contract. I don't think he's championship standard yet but if he keeps going he'll be there or thereabouts inside two seasons 

31 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

A few eyebrows were raised when Reading announced they weren't renewing his contract. He'd won quite a few young player of the month awards in PL2 and broke into the first team for a few cup games. 

He's got another year left on his contract. I don't think he's championship standard yet but if he keeps going he'll be there or thereabouts inside two seasons 

No bother, neither are we...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark said:

His father Eric could hit the target 

15 hours ago, Tylluan said:

You've seen far more players than me but I reckon he could definitely do a job in at least league 1 now. 

If we don't go up id be taking a look. Think he's only 21/22 and while appears very different 2 Marv he's naturally left sided and a better out and out defender. Looks like he could play left sided CB in a 3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Linky dink…. We’re apparently looking at a ‘Scottish starlet’ - Dylan Smith

They'd want at least £500k and if we got him then we'd take him out of first team football (where he seems to be doing ok) and stick him in our academy cos we wouldn't put a 16 year old in our first team squad.

I'd offer half what they want and the opportunity to take him back on loan

I saw Dylan Smith first hand at lunchtime. Can't say I was at all impressed, although it's also fair to say the older heads didn't exactly help the cause either, Hearts running out easy 6-1 winners.

He doesn't look overly pacy. He also has a tendency to want to get too tight to his man, which invariably leads to him looking stupid when they roll him.

His first half was perfectly summed up when he gave away a ridiculous penalty with the last kick of the ball. Was eventually subbed on 70 minutes.

The important thing to note with youngsters is that they can tend to have an immediate impact before dropping off suddenly. The manager then has to take them out the first team for a while before reintroducing them again later. Perhaps today was one of those drop off performances?

If Ross County want / are entitled to £500K then, solely based on today, I'd happily leave someone else to pay the money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Steven Caulker on latest Under the Cosh ( really interesting ) said number of league 1 clubs were after him. Wonder if we were ond of them. Wouldn't be surprised 

Why wouldn't you be surprised, we've enough aging centre halves.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

AFC Wimbledon’s Ali Al-Hamadi is being linked with us according to some random sites…

He's pacey and come on leaps and bounds this season but he's still raw. 

But if we're pursuing then it fits in with being told that Warne wants Smith at Derby next season if he's allowed to spend and they're still in League 1. They're looking for a replacement for McGoldrick and are willing to match his current wages.