2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

@Tylluan…. Regan Poole. 
Thoughts?

I rate him, moved to centre back from right back quite a few times and done very well for my old club. I always thought there was a player in there… 

If we’re to stick with DM regardless.. Would you have him at right sided CB?

Think he’s only about 25 too

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

@Tylluan…. Regan Poole. 
Thoughts?

I rate him, moved to centre back from right back quite a few times and done very well for my old club. I always thought there was a player in there… 

If we’re to stick with DM regardless.. Would you have him at right sided CB?

Think he’s only about 25 too

If we're binning Iorfa then I'd say yes but he's set his sights on playing Championship football and taken a big risk by turning down a massive (by Lincoln's standards) offer to stay. 

Leads me to believe he's already got a club lined up and Huddersfield and QPR have been sniffing 

He'd also want a more or less guaranteed first choice and not be having to fight Palmer for the right sided role

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 1

We're one of a number of clubs that's missed out on signing Chelsea full back Dujon Sterling. He's off to Rangers. 

But there is a really strange rumour going round that we signed a pre-nup with Alfredo Morales when his contract negotiations stalled at Rangers and it looked like we going up automatically but now we're in the playoffs he's got cold feet and is looking elsewhere 

44 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

We're one of a number of clubs that's missed out on signing Chelsea full back Dujon Sterling. He's off to Rangers. 

But there is a really strange rumour going round that we signed a pre-nup with Alfredo Morales when his contract negotiations stalled at Rangers and it looked like we going up automatically but now we're in the playoffs he's got cold feet and is looking elsewhere 

Weren't we after Kemar Roofe from Rangers at one time as well? 

3 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Chuffing hell. 

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Mate at Derby says Warne has approached Flint's agent. 

I quite like him, He did very well at the start of his stay with us this time, (not as good in the last month) but if we're going longer term thinking, they can have him.

Maybe next season the new manager will realise that third division English players aren't often comparable to Total Football a la 1970's Ajax and prefer a position they've played in since th age of 8.

Four on the floor and two up top.

And Moore out 

Edited by Andyben

I think there will be a few younger defenders who are raw fast and get onto things in that athletic sense but it’s whether they are better at that than Iorfa. They’d no doubt be cheaper. I think Iorfa has settled again but he can be so all in he looks a bit clumsy 

11 minutes ago, TheExile said:

I think there will be a few younger defenders who are raw fast and get onto things in that athletic sense but it’s whether they are better at that than Iorfa. They’d no doubt be cheaper. I think Iorfa has settled again but he can be so all in he looks a bit clumsy 

That's the thing with Iorfa, he goes from Premier League to Non League in a couple of touches sometimes. Which is a shame, as I think he applies himself right and has the ability but it's that 'ability' to switch off that really concerns.

50 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

That's the thing with Iorfa, he goes from Premier League to Non League in a couple of touches sometimes. Which is a shame, as I think he applies himself right and has the ability but it's that 'ability' to switch off that really concerns.

Absolutely. 

I think his best games were when first came in side, at right back. Not many quicker and physically up to the job....but not as a wing back 

What sbout trying 2 nick a few off Wigan?

Always rated that Callum Lang 4 them, and while might be a loose cannon Ashley Fletcher would get goals but suspect his wages would be out of reach........although better than not getting paid at all!

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Always rated that Callum Lang 4 them, and while might be a loose cannon Ashley Fletcher would get goals but suspect his wages would be out of reach........although better than not getting paid at all!

I hear you on Callum Lang, always impressed me too when I've seen him.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Ashley Fletcher needs to move to L1 as he’s absolutely conning people…still 

Surprised they've released Thorniley as he was on jack all money (compared to some of them) and would have been a decent squad player in L1. He's made 30 appearances this season but he's also had 3 concussion injuries so they might have released him on medical grounds

39 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Vardy 

I was chatting 2 my friend at game and I said it'd  be brilliant in Vardy came 2us for a season but he's not going 2 in League 1. Then......🤞

My mate didn't want him. I just gave him the look thst needed no words

• Haha 1