2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

BPF isn't a championship keeper which is why he ended up with us in L1. He wasn't when he was with Leeds either. The reason he's been linked with us is because we've released Stockdale and his agent is hawking him round due to his contract situation. 

@owl4ever1867 out of interest who would you bring in if you had a choice?

Edited by Tylluan

3 hours ago, Tylluan said:

BPF isn't a championship keeper which is why he ended up with us in L1. He wasn't when he was with Leeds either. The reason he's been linked with us is because we've released Stockdale and his agent is hawking him round due to his contract situation. 

@owl4ever1867 out of interest who would you bring in if you had a choice?

Karl Darlow might be worth a punt.

9 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Karl Darlow might be worth a punt.

Good shout but there's a couple of problems that Hull are finding in their quest to sign him. 

Newcastle want £2m for him (probably settle on £1.5m) and Darlow is on £25-30k a week (Hull were paying half during his loan spell)

Matty Ingram is reportedly not happy that Rosenior has publicly said he wants to bring Darlow back to Hull and wants 'talks' on his return back from holiday. 

He's got the same agent as Smith and Famewo and I believe we've been offered him after Pearson had a last minute change of mind and stopped a move to Bristol City. 

I think the possible move to Bristol is what made him turn down the improved offer to stay at Lincoln. 

Edited by Tylluan

31 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The rumours are always interesting but history tends to suggest that the first we ever hear of most actual transfers is at best a few hours before they are announced.

The likes of Smith and Vaulks were more publicised but I always suspected that was leaked from the Rotherham side

Why would the transfer of Vaulks be leaked from the Rotherham side when he came from Cardiff

• Haha 1

He’s difficult to second guess sometimes as I think his ideal preference when he arrived was 4 at the back. But admittedly it’s unlikely at first. It may change though at a higher level as we are playing better teams and wing backs can get pinned especially away from home. 

I think with Ogbene he could play in either system having scored a few down the middle. Like a poor man’s Antonio he seems to have migrated more centrally over time 

I'd take Ogbene if Paterson left as he'd fill that role of second line forward/wide player. Would he come to us knowing he's not guaranteed to be on the team sheet. At Rotherham, or another club like them, he's a first choice. 

There's a case to be made that he made a lot for Smith when they were both at Rotherham but we don't play that way. 

43 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Fucksakes!   I hope this doesn't mean we're reverting to the Doyen / 'Pikachu' model of recruitment.  

Not likely. This has been in the works for 6 weeks plus and Moore has alluded to it recently.

5 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Beyond perhaps Reece James, I can't imagine we're remotely interested in the same players 

They can't afford the same players.

I assume we are looking at new head of analysis/recruitment,  he was a Bruce appointment but don't begrudge anyone taking a step up in role,  good luck to him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Happy with that.

I know some don't like or rate him but he's a grafter, a character on and off the pitch and can cover several positions.

I’ve been a massive critic. But, really pleased. Big game player, so when there is a big crowd he comes to life. He’s a good age, plays a few positions, fit as a butchers dog, and nets when it matters.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I’ve been a massive critic. But, really pleased. Big game player, so when there is a big crowd he comes to life. He’s a good age, plays a few positions, fit as a butchers dog, and nets when it matters.

Pretty sure you said he’s the “worst footballer I’ve ever seen” 😂

4 hours ago, Reesh said:

Happy with that.

I know some don't like or rate him but he's a grafter, a character on and off the pitch and can cover several positions.

Completely agree. He’s great to have at the club and always gives his all and has chipped in with goals and assists when it’s mattered.

Paterson staying on helps us in a number of ways.

He can cover a number of positions, has a great attitude, doesn't go hiding on the football pitch and can score goals as well.

Definitely the sort of professional that you want round at the club.