2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

Heard a couple of decent rumours that we're trialing one Portuguese and two Spanish players while we're in Spain. A defender and two forwards. 

Anyone going out to watch or know of anyone who is? I'm trying to get names but it's proving difficult 

Edited by Tylluan

13 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Heard a couple of decent rumours that we're trialing one Portuguese and two Spanish players while we're in Spain. A defender and two forwards. 

Anyone going out to watch or know of anyone who is? I'm trying to get names but it's proving difficult 

Surely just see who Chansiri's lad has started following on Instagram?!

6 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

1 in 3 for Solihull but 1 in 2 when on loan at Chesterfield at the back end of last season. 

I don't know anything about Solihull, don't know much about Chesterfield either, but...

Do you think he did better at Chesterfield because he stepped his game up, or they are a better team?

They played okay against us the other day, you could see they tried to play football and tried to go forward most of the time which i am thinking would have helped him.

@MAL

He was busy for Solihull and his goals got them into the playoff final. 

Chesterfield was a step up playing wise and they probably would have bought him if they'd been promoted. 

I know he's only 23 but there's a huge step up from Vanarama to Championship (just look at Hudlin) He could go from scoring for fun to finding it suddenly a lot harder and the chances a lot fewer and that's when the self doubt and the snatching at chances begins. 

If he steps up even one division then he's got to be strong or his free flowing game that got him his move will disappear. It makes me wonder on the gamble Oxford have taken with Ruben Rodrigues. On his day he's good enough for L1 but he totally seized up in the play-off final.

• Thanks 1

We clearly need to expand the squad but you read social media and fans are acting like spoilt brats because we haven't or now insisting it's all DCs fault players won't now come.

Players that are unproven at this level are world beaters if they don't come here, yet are fuckin shit if they do.

Do we really need any more players that have had long term injuries 

Wouldn't it actually be refreshing to have in house younger players being integrated into the squad. The fan base moan we never sell on players for a profit, guess what you have to play them.

• Like 3

Fan bases in general just want the dopamine hit of a signing, whoever they are. Which isn’t very logical but it happens every year. They/we will also then lambast that if they are cack in a months time. 

If we signed a player today give it two days and the craving would build again 😀

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

We clearly need to expand the squad but you read social media and fans are acting like spoilt brats because we haven't or now insisting it's all DCs fault players won't now come.

Players that are unproven at this level are world beaters if they don't come here, yet are fuckin shit if they do.

Do we really need any more players that have had long term injuries 

Wouldn't it actually be refreshing to have in house younger players being integrated into the squad. The fan base moan we never sell on players for a profit, guess what you have to play them.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Shipston & Fusire can do this season, the signs seem to be that they will be involved.  I liked Fusire's comment the other day, something along the lines of "time to be a man, I don't want the senior players to make allowances for me as a boy training with the men's team, I want them to treat me as they do each other".  It's a good attitude & hopefully he makes the progression.

• Like 2

On 15/07/2023 at 10:44, Tylluan said:

Anything on these thought they might be involved tonight?

10 hours ago, OwlMR said:

Anything on these thought they might be involved tonight?

The defender is Daniel Ayala who's just been released by Blackburn. Has been around the championship since 2013 with Forest, Norwich, Middlesbrough and Blackburn but did his hamstring in February and is still recovering. He came on in the last minute of Blackburn's final game to 'say goodbye'

He's got a concrete offer from Grenada and there's talk of Saudi interest as well so I don't think we'll get him, which is probably why he didn't feature last night. 

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

The defender is Daniel Ayala who's just been released by Blackburn. Has been around the championship since 2013 with Forest, Norwich, Middlesbrough and Blackburn but did his hamstring in February and is still recovering. He came on in the last minute of Blackburn's final game to 'say goodbye'

He's got a concrete offer from Grenada and there's talk of Saudi interest as well so I don't think we'll get him, which is probably why he didn't feature last night. 

I’d assume he wasn’t on any list given his general fitness history and was just a potential trialist. Was great the season Boro got promoted to the Prem (7 years back) but has missed a lot of football. Plus he’s 32 years old.

14 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

I feel exactly the same - no better than Cam, I'd say not as good so what's the point? 

We are very late in the day following the Playoffs and change of manager. If we could get him for just a 12 month loan, instead of signing him fully, that would allow us time for a proper 'reset' next year, would it not?  And our young keeper would be a season older / more experienced by then, especially if he in turn could have a beneficial loan.

4 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Ha, i remember telling you Cam would play at a higher level than Joe and that’s where we are now. 

As for BPF, we know he’s prone to an error, all keepers are but he’s a good size, athletic, young and will continue to improve like Cam. 

Who has more Champ appearances, Joe or Cam? 

As for BPF, Leeds ****, poppadom wrists and is actually pretty average at best