2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

Xisco certainly has a type at the back doesn’t he…both new cbs look powerful and like to drive forward. Maybe the odd error. I think Ihiekwe will be important to keep a bit of calmness at the back.

Much happier at the sound of the lad from Monaco being a longer term thing as he’s got the attributes but sounds like he needs a home now to get the best from him. 

12 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I wonder if the new gaffer would have signed James? He seems to prefer big unit, which I don’t think RJ is.

I could see Famewo being his preference over RJ.

Interesting to see how this goes.

Think current coach is far more likely to change team/tactica around so places for everyone and James is only pure LB we have 

It’s ethier gonna work or fail spectacularly! It’s the Wednesday way!😄

looking  forward to it though I reckon it’s gonna take till Xmas ish for us to really start to click so I’m gonna be patient with this new team and manager.

Edited by Winco
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Winco said:

It’s ethier gonna work or fail spectacularly! It’s the Wednesday way!😄

looking  forward to it though I reckon it’s gonna take till Xmas ish for us to really start to click so I’m gonna be patient with this new team and manager.

Agreed. We certainly needed pace and a bit of intensity to our game which was evident and we are adding that. But they can’t just have that…if that makes sense? Helan, Zayatte, Brown, FDB all great physically and fast but really frustrating also. 

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Given Xisco seems to favour 4 at the back and James is the only left back on our books, I see him playing more there. I guess Brennan could go out on loan, but he seems a reasonable 6th choice?!

Famewo out there too on the left is a distinct possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Whats the preferred line up now ????

Dawson

Valentin   Bernard   Bambo   Famewo

Vaulks   Byers

Windass

Delgado   Jackson   Musaba

Subs.  Keeper, Bannan, Gregory, Palmer, Iorfa, James, Pato, Johnson, Smith

Jackson? Have I missed somethin?

17 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Thinking of the starting line ups based on the incoming players and can definitely see a reduced role for Bannan. 

I often think that is the bigger test, can you assimilate the new players with the existing squad without one or two noses being put out of joint 

I think the subtle difference here is that the existing squad were pretty aware that numbers need to come in. Be different if we had 22 already and 5 coming in 

Bannan will be an interesting one, he has been the alpha player for several years, guaranteed a start if fit and in the main has been the key player for a number of seasons. 

Work one of 2 ways - can't cope with not being said alpha player or the other way, he feels less responsible for carrying the load.