2023/24 Wednesday transfer thread...

Over at S2… Ndiaye signed from Boreham Wood, (where I think they even speak English). In 2 seasons he’s dragged an average team into the prem and netted them a £20M fee. 

We’ll give our new signings 2 weeks then boo them when their name’s read out before kick off. 

It's gonna be a very different team after the early September international break. 

If Xisco plays all the new signings in his favoured 4-2-3-1 formation then that'll only leave a defensive midfielder and a central midfielder to slot in. 

Vasquez 

Valentin Bernard Bambo Delgado

Momo ?

Musaba ? Gassama

Fletcher 

16 minutes ago, Bob Petrie said:

Over at S2… Ndiaye signed from Boreham Wood, (where I think they even speak English). In 2 seasons he’s dragged an average team into the prem and netted them a £20M fee. 

We’ll give our new signings 2 weeks then boo them when their name’s read out before kick off. 

He hasn't netted them £20m

On paper at least I think the permanent signings we are making are some of the most exciting in years and exactly what we need to be doing with P&S. Gassama’s arrival means him and Mussaba can share the burden and it takes the pressure off them a bit individually.

For some reason, whilst only a loan and not really based on much, I am looking forward to seeing what Momo Diabe adds to us as I think we’ve needed that kind of player for ages and if you get a good defensive/box to box  player it can transform everything. Whilst he didn’t have the height, Luongo did that for us and we seem to just need something to fit the seemingly jumbled puzzle that is our current team together…including hopefully some quality loans as mentioned by posters above to help ease that pressure on younger foreign lads in the short term and keep us up at the very least.

It’s only really Ashley Fletcher that I’m not too sure on but he’s low risk and to be fair to him if he does click he can be a handy player as seen at Boro and Barnsley.

Any complaints from fans these days on transfers, even accepting they are a gamble, need to be viewed in the context of when we could only get someone like warren feeney in the championship. They were hard times and we were truly stuck in a rut. 

Bit of a poor man’s Kiernan Davis but he certainly matches the type of player we seem to want to sign. Absolute units who no one wants to have to play against physically. On its own it wouldn’t be enough (obviously) but alongside one of the loans we seem to want it could be alright. I just think Smith probably gives us that already unless he moves on.

4 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Oh dear.

Remember him well from his time at Hearts. Not really much of a goalscorer. A bit of a unit though. His strength is his key component, so to speak. Otherwise, I seriously doubt he would have had any kind of football career.

Isn't that Fletcher already?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheExile said:

Bit of a poor man’s Kiernan Davis but he certainly matches the type of player we seem to want to sign. Absolute units who no one wants to have to play against physically. On its own it wouldn’t be enough (obviously) but alongside one of the loans we seem to want it could be alright. I just think Smith probably gives us that already unless he moves on.

I am quite keen on ones that can pass a ball to a team mate. I appreciate for players on 10k a week I am perhaps being too demanding

5 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Any good? We needed a midfielder anyway but now Mo is out for several weeks (my physiotherapy degree called it right then) then I think it’s vital we get reinforcements here. I know he was a let down on the whole but I miss FDB

Has Momo’s injury been confirmed? 

5 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Any good? We needed a midfielder anyway but now Mo is out for several weeks (my physiotherapy degree called it right then) then I think it’s vital we get reinforcements here. I know he was a let down on the whole but I miss FDB

Opening day and that was it, waste of fucking time for the rest of it. Knew he was off so couldn't give a fuck. What are you missing?

4 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I don’t think it is, he applied himself brilliantly whenever he got on the ball. It’s a lack of understanding of the game. A top coach will have no problems teaching and developing him as a player in that respect 

Yeah, like when Portsmouth (?)  caught him dithering with the ball and scored on the breakaway.