2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

1 minute ago, Skamp said:

Not Hutchinson then? 

Coming to Hillsborough at 0-0 is a different game (yeah, fully aware of the Hudds season)

No, Hutchs error whilst inexcusable still left us a match and a half to recover, Bannans left us 7 minutes... 

2 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Is this the same bloke who went down 'dead' twice, for five minutes each time, in the away match for us down there?  He can pack that shit in if he joins us. 

Not to mention similar antics in the game against Birmingham in 17/18 when we went down to 9 men.

But I can forgive all that if he signs for us, we could do a lot worse.

4 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

Regarding Stockdale, we had Bywater in goal last time we got out of this league, experience is crucial.

Yeah agree on experience but for some reason I've never rated or liked Stockdale much. 

5 hours ago, Billysboy said:

Yeh, not as if we let in late goals🤔

There's a bit of difference between some game management and anti-football, gratuitous cheating though.  Obviously that's more down to their fuckwit manager but it'll be hard not to associate it with the bloke that we saw doing it. 

Was told last night we're looking at Harry Mckirdy at Swindon. He's got a year left but Swindon are wanting stupid money if he goes. Other clubs are interested too. 

25 year old forward and a bit of pace about him. Started off as a left winger in Villa's academy and had loans with Stevenage and Newport. Released by Villa and done a season each at Carlisle and Port Vale before ending up at Swindon who turned him into a forward and he notched 23 in 44 with 10 assists. Can play on the right as well. 

Proper wind up merchant with opposition players and fans by all accounts and also picked up 10 yellows. 

15 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Was told last night we're looking at Harry Mckirdy at Swindon. He's got a year left but Swindon are wanting stupid money if he goes. Other clubs are interested too. 

25 year old forward and a bit of pace about him. Started off as a left winger in Villa's academy and had loans with Stevenage and Newport. Released by Villa and done a season each at Carlisle and Port Vale before ending up at Swindon who turned him into a forward and he notched 23 in 44 with 10 assists. Can play on the right as well. 

Proper wind up merchant with opposition players and fans by all accounts and also picked up 10 yellows. 

Got slotted at Port Vale. 

Looks a player 

10 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

There's a bit of difference between some game management and anti-football, gratuitous cheating though.  Obviously that's more down to their fuckwit manager but it'll be hard not to associate it with the bloke that we saw doing it. 

Tbh, if we’re playing decent football like we did for the most part post Xmas, and we’ve got some housery to make sure we win. Bring it.

Was surprised at how good stockdales record was last season as whenever I saw him he looked a big lad and not the most agile these days. Then again I thought Bywater was lacking in that regard too but was a good organiser. He might be a calming influence when we are under the cosh as Wycombe knew how to withstand pressure. I was hoping we’d be planning for the future in the GK department though.

11 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Was surprised at how good stockdales record was last season as whenever I saw him he looked a big lad and not the most agile these days. Then again I thought Bywater was lacking in that regard too but was a good organiser. He might be a calming influence when we are under the cosh as Wycombe knew how to withstand pressure. I was hoping we’d be planning for the future in the GK department though.

A year or two of Stockdale (shudder) should allow Hall and Pierce to develop 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

May well retire if he can’t get a gig back up this way. 

Ah right, didn't know he had injury problems or that he was from Yorkshire. Might stand chance then. Looked good at Udders, not seen him since tbh

On 11/06/2022 at 07:42, Tylluan said:

I'm sure I've read that he's had struggles dealing with the pressure of big home crowds, although looking at where he's played I can't really fathom that.  Only seen a bit of him but he looks to have something.