2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

11 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I reckon this signing will mean Mass leaves. Which is a shame.

Yes I'm sure it does unfortunately. Quality player when fit, but it looked to me that his legs had gone. Vaulks will give us more mobility and can chip in with odd goal, and, at least till he joined us, seems to be fit most of time 

19 minutes ago, Mark said:

Yes I'm sure it does unfortunately. Quality player when fit, but it looked to me that his legs had gone. Vaulks will give us more mobility and can chip in with odd goal, and, at least till he joined us, seems to be fit most of time 

And ladies and gentlemen this is the most ridiculous post on the new Owlsonline to date.

1 hour ago, Laceups said:

Yeah Mass will be a big loss but with Bannan, Byers, Vaulks, Adineran, FDB and Alex Hunt also possibly back in the frame then we should be covered in that area.

But, keep Mass somehow and I couldn’t see anyone touching us next season.

Mass, Bannan and Vaulks flanked by Hunt and Marv would be one hell of a set up.

Byers left or summat?

55 minutes ago, Reesh said:

And ladies and gentlemen this is the most ridiculous post on the new Owlsonline to date.

I'm not sure it is tbf. He looked like he was pulling a caravan last month or so. We lack mobility and legs in midfield, and he's part of that. Him Bannan and Byers are all excellent technical players, but as a collective, that's where SOME of our problems lay. The Sunderland games a prime example. There midfield ran all over ours

They ran all over us because (THROUGH NO FAULT OF HIS OWN) Bannan was injured and wasn't able to break forward like he had been in the latter part of the season.

He sat and it was Massimo playing in the advanced role, as he did at QPR.

The alternative would have been to drop BB and put Fiss into his position but Moore didn't have the balls.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andyben said:

They ran all over us because (THROUGH NO FAULT OF HIS OWN) Bannan was injured and wasn't able to break forward like he had been in the latter part of the season.

He sat and it was Massimo playing in the advanced role, as he did at QPR.

The alternative would have been to drop BB and put Fiss into his position but Moore didn't have the balls.

True re BB. It's easy 4 us to say he shouldn't have played, I don't think he should, but as a manager you just hope your better players can produce that bit of class required. Windass was another one. Clearly nowhere near fully fit but Moore thought it a risk worth taking 

10 hours ago, Mark said:

True re BB. It's easy 4 us to say he shouldn't have played, I don't think he should, but as a manager you just hope your better players can produce that bit of class required. Windass was another one. Clearly nowhere near fully fit but Moore thought it a risk worth taking 

This

I still rate Luongo, especially at this level. I just wonder if he has one eye on the World Cup squad. Is Vaulks an upgrade? I don't know. Does he have an eye on a Wales place? Does it matter? I think we are losing a good player. 

Edited by tomcore

I’ve got to say, if Luongo had averaged more than 25 league games a season, then this conversation would be a different one.

He’s clearly a very good player at this level and a decent one at the level above. But he’s a crock. And injuries have played a part into our drop into the third tier, and more critically, played a massive part in us not going up last season.

We absolutely have to get in the right type of quality that is going to be available for 38 games plus.

I feel sorry for Mass, because historically he has played a lot of games.

Good luck to him, if fit, very good player and could get a deal higher up.

Always thought Luongo would move on and will be off back down South or to Oz.

Great player to have and hopefully Vaulks a good longer term replacement. 

No real issues with Joe or NML leaving.  At that point NML had a couple of blinders thought he might be the difference but after getting injured in Feb (I think) looked as though was playing within himself too much.  Joe cannot be the constant number 2/3 and needs to try at make a number 1 spot his own.   Somewhere like Donny would be a good move.

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

I’ve got to say, if Luongo had averaged more than 25 league games a season, then this conversation would be a different one.

He’s clearly a very good player at this level and a decent one at the level above. But he’s a crock. And injuries have played a part into our drop into the third tier, and more critically, played a massive part in us not going up last season.

We absolutely have to get in the right type of quality that is going to be available for 38 games plus.

I feel sorry for Mass, because historically he has played a lot of games.

Good luck to him, if fit, very good player and could get a deal higher up.

Agreed. No one doubts his ability, he's outstanding at our level and more than good enough further up. If him Vaulks and BB were to be out midfield then something has gone very wrong if, with addition of a striker and CH we don't get auto. Vaulks gives us legs and physical presence which with Dennis and Fizz missing we didn't have. Byers is excellent technical player but him BB and Mass got out run at times. 

Unfortunately it looks like Mass will be leaving. 

21 minutes ago, MPB said:

Byers is a quality player at this level, him, BB and Vaulks is a bloody good midfield trio IMO...

Agreed. I've absolutely nothing against Byers at all, it's just IMO we need a mixture of different types and I think Vaulks gives us that 

• Like 1

Can't remember where I saw it, but we've been linked with Sunderland winger Jack Diamond. Spent last season at Harrogate. Seen him many times. Much better than League 2 standard but he's an out and out old school winger who couldn't tackle a fish supper ,not a wing back so can't see him fitting into Moores system. 

Decent but produced the worst miss I've EVER seen live in last game of season 

Warne wants to keep both but Stewart won't break his wage structure as he doesn't want to be paying 'silly' (£15k) money when they fall back into league 1. 

What we can offer is a sizeable increase, upon promotion, and promotion bonuses. 

15 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Wednesday fans wetting themselves over the fact that they've been forced to pay well over the odds for two players at the fag end of their career in a desperate attempt to get promoted from Division 3.

And there off 🙌🙌🙌🙌

I get that. But...... 

For me, if they come off, I'm not sure we could have done any better in our current situation. Add that to fact the business is being done very early, not sure we could do much more. 

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

I get that. But...... 

For me, if they come off, I'm not sure we could have done any better in our current situation. Add that to fact the business is being done very early, not sure we could do much more. 

He's quoting a Rotherham fan I suspect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

He's quoting a Rotherham fan I suspect.

Sorry I should have made that clear and yes I am quoting one of them.

I also keep getting messages saying Mind the Gap but I never understood this from them lot last season 

disclaimer I’m full of covid again 🙄

Not sure but I suspect this has been watered down slightly. Was sure an article on Twitter simply said they were signing for us. Now more like "likely to sign for".

As our lot have all piled on for two hours and theirs have all committed sepuku, if this doesn't happen now, we will be the biggest laughing stock ever.  Gerrit done!