2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

This is an excellent window so far.

Probably won't enter loan market until closer to season start / season underway and that's 4/5 more signings available 

I agree. We’ve done some great early business and he can take a decent squad away with him to Portugal. As you say, we’ll doubtless bring in some loans and hopefully one or two permanent deals too. We can’t complain at the moment. 

Wilks has a year left, wants to leave, and Arveladze hates him and won't play him. 

They'll replace Eaves and Honeyman has just given Hull a big fuck off by agreeing to join Millwall on a free on July 1st. 

Whatever we've offered we need to stick it and tell Hull to keep paying his wages if they're not happy with the offer. It's now a case of who's got the bigger bollocks. 

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

Wilks has a year left, wants to leave, and Arveladze hates him and won't play him. 

They'll replace Eaves and Honeyman has just given Hull a big fuck off by agreeing to join Millwall on a free on July 1st. 

Whatever we've offered we need to stick it and tell Hull to keep paying his wages if they're not happy with the offer. It's now a case of who's got the bigger bollocks. 

They activated his year option to ensure they got a fee and now are playing the *****

7 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Agree. As this is now happening publicly then it will happen again if we capitulate.  We’re not desperate for players, so we should tell them that we’re moving on to other targets. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Reesh said:

They activated his year option to ensure they got a fee and now are playing the *****

Ipswich did the same thing with two players last season (activated options in order to get a fee), one they had to give away in January, the other was still there at the end of the season.

Kyle Joseph reminds me a bit of George Hirst which is probably why Cowley is also tracking him. 

He's quicker than he looks and isn't afraid to have a go but he's far from being a finished article (which Hirst was beginning to look like at this level during the last couple of months at Portsmouth) and a lot of things don't come off. He needs to just keep it simple and he'd benefit.

We have prospects at the club that are not far behind him and if we're bringing Joseph in just as cover then I'd rather see one of own get that chance. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Who is just behind him? The lad has nearly 50 appearances in the EFL, 10 of them in the Championship

I'm talking application of ability. As I said in my original post he is far from the finished article and if we're taking him to polish him up and send him back to Swansea then I'd rather give that game time to one of ours. I've already likened him to Hirst and think back to Hirst's loan at Rotherham. 

And on his game time. Those 10 Championship appearances. 7 of them under 10 mins and 5 of those were 2 mins or less. The other 3 were 16, 30 and 35. 

For Cheltenham he played 19 started 13 and only lasted 90 mins in 4 of those. In the others his sub appearances average around 20mins. 

Would you not give that bench place to one of our 23s instead of one of Swansea's?

• Like 1

Nev. I purposely stayed away from naming 23s as it doesn't have to be a forward. If Joseph comes then he'll be behind Gregory, Windass, Smith, Paterson (and hopefully Wilks) in the pecking order. That makes him, based on his previous experience and our current squad, 4th choice at best. So who's to say Zottos, Cadamarteri, Durrant, Dunn or the new 23s forward (there will be at least one coming in) can't have that bench spot by mid October.

We need to show a pathway or there's no point to our 23s

• Like 1

I absolutely 100% refuse to click on any link to the Star. Life's far too short to trawl through the 8 million popups, subscription requests and videos autoplaying.

Plus the paper version is shit and they're just shit stirring wankers anyway. 

In fairness Walks I haven't been unhappy with our business, is it 6 we've brought in so far with a striker clearly in the pipeline/being worked on too?

That doesn't far off replace what we've lost. I was half presuming we might have been waiting on the Prem squads to pick up another 1 or 2 and that'd be that?!

I was counting Hunt as a 6th. I presumed Wilks to be the pacy winger/striker and I know Dean has been mentioned, but not sure if there's legs in that?

Feels like left wing back has been an issue for about 3 years now, do we reckon Brown will be kicked the the kerb?

Edited by Otto_Man