2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

Reesh

42 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

And to think some Wednesday fans aren’t impressed by him

Were we negotiating a new deal with him this summer? What’s he got left?  

A year left and yes we are in talks over extending it.

13 hours ago, Reesh said:

Per Sky Sports

Blackpool have made a bid for FDB with Norwich also interested 

12 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

And to think some Wednesday fans aren’t impressed by him  

Nice dig Mr Bartos 😉

Just think. When we sell him for £2 million, we can all sit back and thank Garry Monk for his foresight and prowess in the transfer market.

Genius that bloke. Absolute genius.

• Haha 1

Big season for Dele. 

Was very good at times last season, but needs to add goals and assists at this level. 24 games, 1 goal and 1 assist.

Compare him to Dennis…

21 games, 3 goals.

Both are what I would class as ‘away’ players, you need a bit of pace and mobility in the middle of the pitch away from home, especially ball carriers. 

If  we are building a team we need some young members to develop for the future. I would tell Norwich and Blackpool to fuck right off, let the club work out their valuation then talk to the player and agent .If that fails, leave him out of the squad and auction him off, starting at £3million.

1 hour ago, bricat said:

If  we are building a team we need some young members to develop for the future. I would tell Norwich and Blackpool to fuck right off, let the club work out their valuation then talk to the player and agent .If that fails, leave him out of the squad and auction him off, starting at £3million.

I don't want to lose FDJ but if we got offered half of that, I'd definitely take it

I think if anything close to a million came in we’d have to think very carefully before turning it down.

There have been flashes, but on the whole I’d say his time with us so far has been underwhelming.

Imo he could just as equally go on to be a lower league journey man as he could to develop into something special.

In five years time we could be saying “what we thinking of not taking that half a million for him”, or as he makes a multi million pound move somewhere saying “why did we let him go so cheaply”

There was mention re Man City being due some sell on - do we know any details of that?

I just feel he's the one type of midfield player we haven't otherwise got: the powerful, surging run up the middle type.  (In the style of the big, mature Hull bloke who scored against us at Wembley.  I don't remotely mean to compare him with that finished article, but maybe one day...)

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Newcastle will want him starting as much as possible but I still don't see where Anderson would fit into our current formation. He's a 'false 10' attacking midfielder and that would be infringing into Bannan and Windass territory 

Don’t know either but would he be a replacement for Malik Wilkes now that looks like it’s not going to happen?

59 minutes ago, Raynaldo said:

Don’t know either but would he be a replacement for Malik Wilkes now that looks like it’s not going to happen?

Not the out and out forward that Wilks is. Doesn't really have decent pace either. More an awareness of space that allows him to look quick

Didn’t we agreed terms weeks ago?
Wasn’t it virtually a done deal only for the transfer fee to be increased at the last minute to scupper the deal?

I’m not convinced that anything’s changed. Still waiting for Hull or Chansiri to give way. Could be waiting til Christmas.

20 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

If we want Wilks, we have to ‘respect the market’ according to Hull’s owners.

Anyone else smell bullshit? Why would they want a loan move for him, his contract is up at the end of the season and he'll leave for nowt. I read, player getting pissed off, club trying to force another club's hand to start a bidding war

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Tyreeq Bakinson the latest to be linked with us, and supposedly close to signing.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-bristol-city-bakinson-24518034

But with him being another midfielder, then surely it means we're losing someone.

Blackpool can have FDB for a million plus Reece James. 

That would free up a place for a similar styled player of a similar age. 

Bakinson has a better tackle percentage (while at Ipswich) but they have similar forward momentum and pass percentage stats. They also have similar ground covered (middle third) stats and their overall is pretty close Bakinson 6.47, FDB 6.42. 

5 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Anyone else smell bullshit? Why would they want a loan move for him, his contract is up at the end of the season and he'll leave for nowt. I read, player getting pissed off, club trying to force another club's hand to start a bidding war

I get the impression that Wilks has decided he wants to come to Wednesday, so unless there’s something special amongst the other “interested clubs” he might join in with the brinkmanship and tell Hull that it’s Wednesday or see his contract out. 

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Tyreeq Bakinson the latest to be linked with us, and supposedly close to signing.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-bristol-city-bakinson-24518034

But with him being another midfielder, then surely it means we're losing someone.

Not bothered about him after reading what Pearson said about him tbf, if he was that decent, then surely Ipswich would've snapped him up?

I hope he proves us wrong with the reference he's getting but you dont want or need players that are going to disrupt a tight knitted squad like we seem to have....

I'd rather try FDB & Hunt.

Edited by owl4ever1867

4 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Not bothered about him after reading what Pearson said about him tbf, if he was that decent, then surely Ipswich would've snapped him up?

I hope he proves us wrong with the reference he's getting but you dont want or need players that are going to disrupt a tight knitted squad like we seem to have....

I'd rather try FDB & Hunt.

Ditto.

Blackpool reporter, Matt Scrafton, says signing Dele Bashiru is going to be difficult to pull off (oo err)

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/transfer-state-of-play-as-blackpools-window-finally-begins-to-heat-up-3773043

“Personally speaking, I think this will be the hardest deal to pull off as Wednesday are likely to want a big, big fee, plus there’s likely to be competition from elsewhere with two other clubs, one believed to be Norwich City, also interested.”