2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

Reesh

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Agent is being a ****

If we HAVE to sell someone, and I don't think we do, I'd choose FDB. For me he's a bit down the list of midfielders, and we have a few. Depends, as ever, on what we're offered, if rumours are true

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

If we HAVE to sell someone, and I don't think we do, I'd choose FDB. For me he's a bit down the list of midfielders, and we have a few. Depends, as ever, on what we're offered, if rumours are true

How's your Jack today, can't see him being allowed to leave now Alex is set to join Stoke, is he crying

6 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

I hadn't seen that tbh, read it elsewhere.

Is Mighten coming in and Windass leaving? Wilks will be impressed, just got to play with his bestie and he then leaves.

Therefore I'm sure that Windass is not leaving. He's been looking forward to have Wilks in the team. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

Therefore I'm sure that Windass is not leaving. He's been looking forward to have Wilks in the team. 

"Reyt lads I'll turn down football in a higher division and a pay rise cos mi pal has just us"

Aye righto 

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

"Reyt lads I'll turn down football in a higher division and a pay rise cos mi pal has just us"

Aye righto 

He doesn't turn down football in a higher division - he's just postponing it for a season as we'll be in the Championship next year as well.

I am aware that some people actually believe that money is the only motivation, but trust me.. it isn't. There are many people, who try to make sure that their work-live balance is right. 

2 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

He doesn't turn down football in a higher division - he's just postponing it for a season as we'll be in the Championship next year as well.

I am aware that some people actually believe that money is the only motivation, but trust me.. it isn't. There are many people, who try to make sure that their work-live balance is right. 

Usually motivates a footballer rather than staying put in a mediocre division. Windass may stay, not by choice but cos we don't let him leave.

5 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Usually motivates a footballer rather than staying put in a mediocre division. Windass may stay, not by choice but cos we don't let him leave.

He stays because he right now loves playing for us.

Last season I was sure that he would be happy to leave, but he won't leave right now. He's scoring goals, has persuaded Wilks to join us, gets on well with the gaffer and looks forward to promotion... and last but not least, he also earns very good money here.

Why  should he leave??

17 minutes ago, Germanbird said:

He stays because he right now loves playing for us.

Last season I was sure that he would be happy to leave, but he won't leave right now. He's scoring goals, has persuaded Wilks to join us, gets on well with the gaffer and looks forward to promotion... and last but not least, he also earns very good money here.

Why  should he leave??

Because better money at Boro and playing in a higher league is a motivation, you can't guarantee we will go up so he may not want to take that chance.

5 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

He is prone to these massive leaps ECO. Be more like £1.5 to £2m I'd have thought.

Pipe down old man. When they are bidding 8m plus for a player with one good season from Preston you can stick 2m on your estimations.

Now back in your fucking box or fuck off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Professor Plum said:

That article says

”The England youth international, 20, has agreed terms with the League One giants.”

If we’re getting him on loan, surely we agree terms with Forest. Forest continue to pay him according to his contract and we pay Forest a proportion of the wage and/or a loan fee?

Am I missing something? Or are the agreed terms to do with hospitality boxes and the like?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

Just need Hirst and Dean now and that should conclude our business for this window.

OK, that's a tongue in cheek post, no need for bites.

I don't see a Hirst deal, but Dean might really be an option.

We are already short in the defensive area and he still seems to be available. Maybe there is a deal to be done.

• Like 1

Don’t believe  Byers will be going to Blackpool. I don’t see them offering the money to tempt Moore , and I don’t think they are a big enough club for Byers to kick up a fuss. With FDB if he doesn’t want to sign a contract we should look at letting him go. Wednesday have lost enough on players running down contracts