2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

Reesh

17 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

George Hirst init. Whoever it may be i'd expect we aren't quite done as yet although i'd think it would be in the loan market. The lad we had last year for Arsenal (IIRC) isn't doing too bad at Ipswich at the moment is he.

Fully expect Hirst to be named next Friday.😀

We already named him twice last season.  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfessorPlum said:

FDB attracting interest from Besiktas and Bristol City, Joe Crann Stir.

We should cash in and get a good sell on deal.

We’ve enough in midfield to manage. And, whilst showing great promise, he blows hot and cold. 

Hearts are supposed to be favourites to take him. 

He's rapid but he's also an out and out winger though, predominantly left, so I don't know where he'd fit in as Forest will want him to play. 

He's also a bit JJ in that sometimes he's reached the byline but the ball is ten yards behind him. 

We’re not as desperate for players as we have been several times in recent years, so if Forest or any other club were to attach play or pay conditions to a loan deal then we should walk away.

Unless we can get a Tammy Abraham type that went to Bristol City. 

12 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Hearts are supposed to be favourites to take him. 

He's rapid but he's also an out and out winger though, predominantly left, so I don't know where he'd fit in as Forest will want him to play. 

He's also a bit JJ in that sometimes he's reached the byline but the ball is ten yards behind him. 

He makes JJ look composed. But I liked JJ, and I reckon this guy, even though he could just as well put the ball in crowd as the goal, might prove to be decent at our level as he is rapid. But if we're after a winger (though not sure how one fits in our current set up) we'd be better off getting Jack Diamond out of the two, who is available 

34 minutes ago, Mark said:

He makes JJ look composed. But I liked JJ, and I reckon this guy, even though he could just as well put the ball in crowd as the goal, might prove to be decent at our level as he is rapid. But if we're after a winger (though not sure how one fits in our current set up) we'd be better off getting Jack Diamond out of the two, who is available 

Hello Mark Diamond.

4 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Time to call time on this rubbish. It's gone, it's history. We have to remember it, absolutely we do. This stuff cannot be used against people who weren't alive at the time and couldn't effect what was happening.

It's akin to blaming me for the slave trade. I wasn't alive FFS.

Having said that, did you hear the joke about the Fokker and the Messerschmitt?

Oh fuck off.

1 minute ago, Professor Plum said:

I'm not looking for an argument Reesh. I haven't covered myself in glory in the past. But cut the woman a bit of slack FFS. She's recently chosen our club, for whatever reason and i'll not stand by and see the woman attacked just because she's German. 

Get a grip mate, grow up and welcome her.

You won't get an argument just a big fat fuck off tablet, the post was a fucking joke but I have ZERO time for the Germans mainly cos they fucking put my relatives in camps and murdered them

36 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Not as much as the Messerschmitts worried my great grandparents

I wasn't alive, my parents were not alive, my grandparents didn't fight in the war,

but what I learnt from history is that you always have to speak up, if somebody is blamed for his nationality or race (Thanks Professor Plum 💙) and that it is very dangerous to classify people by religon, ancestry, nationality, colour of the hair or skin or whatever.  

I do really feel sorry for what happend, but don't you think that hate against a nation or people, who were born in the "wrong" country, are the seed for the next crime on humanity? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

The Germans hated the Jews. Not all Germans, they were hoodwinked.

The Poles didn't cover themselves in glory either, look at how they treated the Jews after the war.

Time to put this crap aside, although never forget. We all have our misdemeanours to answer for.

Nothing really changes mate, racism is still as alive as ever. If they could the Russians would have Ukrainian concentration camps alive and kicking.

• Reesh changed the title to 2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...
  • Reesh featured and unfeatured this topic
56 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

It’s no surprise. He’s a stand out in this division. Hopefully we shouldn’t have too much issue turning down bids and keeping him happy? 

May be a bargaining tool planted by his agent as he in his last year of contract I think.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Reesh said:

May be a bargaining tool planted by his agent as he in his last year of contract I think.

You’re probably right. Any opportunity to make some more money. I don’t doubt a few would want him but I get the impression he’s happy and I’d fully expect him to be offered a new contract some time this season. 

FDB is the one we’ll have most difficulty with 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

You’re probably right. Any opportunity to make some more money. I don’t doubt a few would want him but I get the impression he’s happy and I’d fully expect him to be offered a new contract some time this season. 

FDB is the one we’ll have most difficulty with 

Agent is being a ****