Jump to content

2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...


Reesh
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Searching for 10k+ a week?

I suspect he's on more at the moment. If I was DC, for obvious reasons, I wouldn't have him back, and I'm sure he won't, but he fits the bill of what we need  and might be available. I'm a stubborn bar steward so if it was my money I wouldn't want him,  but it isn't so..... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect we've been experinenting with James to see if he could fill in at LCB until Famewa is ready to come back. In view of what happened, no. So sign this lad on loan?

Obviously not a left footer so not a direct replacement.  Perhaps we should wrap Liam in cotton wool for the immediate future.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Sweepstake on what minute he gets injured on his debut 

Just on that. He spent almost a season out at Arsenal 18s with a quad problem. Did his calf on loan at Ipswich, and his ankle at Cardiff. 

Bet he can't wait to get on the Middlewood turf. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Just on that. He spent almost a season out at Arsenal 18s with a quad problem. Did his calf on loan at Ipswich, and his ankle at Cardiff. 

Bet he can't wait to get on the Middlewood turf. 

New turf laid in the summer

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see McGuinness as more competition for Heneghan. Not sure what it means for Iorfa but, as has been repeatedly said, he’s looks out of his depth in this system at the moment, although he is physically the best of all them.

Just on Moore. He has two issues, he’s not worked on alternate systems when Plan A doesn’t work. And when an opposition coach looks to exploit a weakness, he’s slow to react.

Sunderland in the playoff semi last season, we. It needed a change of approach, and it didn’t come. This season, teams have changed mid game and we haven’t made adjustments.

We’ve got a very good squad, we can play some very good stuff, but, a good coach will work us out, and Moore doesn’t react to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I see McGuinness as more competition for Heneghan. Not sure what it means for Iorfa but, as has been repeatedly said, he’s looks out of his depth in this system at the moment, although he is physically the best of all them.

Just on Moore. He has two issues, he’s not worked on alternate systems when Plan A doesn’t work. And when an opposition coach looks to exploit a weakness, he’s slow to react.

Sunderland in the playoff semi last season, we. It needed a change of approach, and it didn’t come. This season, teams have changed mid game and we haven’t made adjustments.

We’ve got a very good squad, we can play some very good stuff, but, a good coach will work us out, and Moore doesn’t react to it.

Summed up perfectly, he's is a good manager but good doesnt get you promoted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we have signed another Central Defender who has historically played in a two, to go with another new signing who was included in the Team of the Season playing in a two.

Not sure what formation Henegan was used in at Wimbledon ?

I am a Moore fan but when are we going to line up to suit the squads strengths.  

Would 4-4-2 or a variation of 4-3-3 be more suitable ?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wilks might do a job. So might Smith when we see him. Would it be wrong to find another u23/21 player from the Prem? Try and get them on loan. Despite the uproar on Twitter I don't think we're far off a balanced squad. I know our loans have been hit and miss but a Brad Young style of player. Would probably suit us just as well as folking out for another high earner?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess that's the incoming business done for this window?

DM was talking about a third goalkeeper, but I hope he dismissed the idea in the meantime. How likely is it that both goalkeepers will be out injured at the same time?

I wouldn't mind another defender; we've got plenty of options in midfield and won't find another striker (after Wilks) anyway.

Outgoing:  Alex Hunt??
Keep:  FDB (unless somebody offers 2M) and Sow

Does anybody agree??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Germanbird said:

I guess that's the incoming business done for this window?

DM was talking about a third goalkeeper, but I hope he dismissed the idea in the meantime. How likely is it that both goalkeepers will be out injured at the same time?

I wouldn't mind another defender; we've got plenty of options in midfield and won't find another striker (after Wilks) anyway.

Outgoing:  Alex Hunt??
Keep:  FDB (unless somebody offers 2M) and Sow

Does anybody agree??

As both 'keepers crash into each other in the car park Monday? 

Remember about those 🍍?   😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Reesh changed the title to 2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...
  • Reesh featured and unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...