Jump to content

2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...


Recommended Posts

Lost his way a bit at West Brom and that's why he got released. Very much a confidence player. Depends whether being on the trials circuit will jolt him the right way. He has ability but there seemed to be something wrong upstairs and it wasn't big time Billy syndrome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Lost his way a bit at West Brom and that's why he got released. Very much a confidence player. Depends whether being on the trials circuit will jolt him the right way. He has ability but there seemed to be something wrong upstairs and it wasn't big time Billy syndrome. 

I watched a player for Bradford City on Saturday,  Dion Perira. He has all the attributes, left footed, physical winger, seemed happy to track back etc, etc. I don't know him from Adam, but something told me he won't progress as far as his talent should let him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Mark

You get a feeling mate. I can't explain it, either. 

He's been around a bit to say he's only 23. Watford, Atlanta, then a year without playing before trialing at Luton and going into their 23s. Then half a season on loan at Bradford. With the changes from 23s to 21s Luton wanted Bradford to buy him but Bradford said loan only. So he's at Bradford til his contract runs out in July. He's not wanted back at Luton. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

@Mark

You get a feeling mate. I can't explain it, either. 

He's been around a bit to say he's only 23. Watford, Atlanta, then a year without playing before trialing at Luton and going into their 23s. Then half a season on loan at Bradford. With the changes from 23s to 21s Luton wanted Bradford to buy him but Bradford said loan only. So he's at Bradford til his contract runs out in July. He's not wanted back at Luton. 

Crikey. He's got talent it's easy to spot. He stood out first 20 then faded. He kept working so I don't think it's attitude. There definitely a player in there, maybe just needs the right set up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I'm at Meadow Lane with work and there's plenty of scouts here that I recognise, including one I know who does a lot of work for Wednesday. 

Looking at Phil Parkinson or Luke Williams with a bit of luck...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bring him in and loan him straight back out. What's the point of taking him out of regular first team football against adults (I know it's only Cove Rangers) to put him in an u21 environment. Stick him in National League for 6 months and see if he cuts it there, then move him to League 2 if he does. 

U21 games, the odd session with the first team, and an early League cup bench place will not aid his development. Show him a pathway 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

We’re interested in Hib’s, Ryan Porteous according to the Daily Record.

As I posted on the old board a few years ago, there is a player in there. A more than capable performer. However, he's the type who lunges into challenges too often for his own good. Seems desperate to be seen as the 'local lad done good' and enjoys being popular amongst his own hordes.

He's cheated a few times this season and last. Developed a disgusting habit of going down in the box, holding his head during pressure situations, even though there was fuck all wrong with him. Ref feels compelled to stop play and bring the opposition attack to an abrupt end. Some may call this shithousery but I'm not having that. There's a line and he crosses it a lot more than he should.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Reesh said:

He wasn't pulling up trees last winter though and was getting some scathing comments by fans.

True. But you would have thought those that see him every day could/should have seen what he may have been able to achieve. Of course they may have and potentially put scenarios forward but they haven't been made public.

He's still not reached his potential. I certainly don't want him to go but if he does it's fact we won't get what we could have rather than fact he's left that would pass me off most

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mark said:

True. But you would have thought those that see him every day could/should have seen what he may have been able to achieve. Of course they may have and potentially put scenarios forward but they haven't been made public.

He's still not reached his potential. I certainly don't want him to go but if he does it's fact we won't get what we could have rather than fact he's left that would pass me off most

You don't need to convince me I was and remain one of his biggest supporters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Reesh said:

He wasn't pulling up trees last winter though and was getting some scathing comments by fans.

I remember me, and others on here, you I think too, saying he should be playing more. 
 

Assuming we could see he had the attributes that could lead to him becoming an excellent player. To me, he’s the same player, just added the goal threat to his game. 
 

If we can see he’s going to be an asset then professionals inside the club should be able to and then have the foresight to prevent this situation arising 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

He certainly looks Championship quality. He’s got a bit of everything about him.

Much like Jordan Storey did last season. 

I was thinking about the comparison with Storey. He did well for us but out of the 2 I'd go for McGuinness. Not that I'd complain about either. I just think McGuinness has a bit more presence. 

I haven't taken any notice if Storey is playing for Preston much

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

I was thinking about the comparison with Storey. He did well for us but out of the 2 I'd go for McGuinness. Not that I'd complain about either. I just think McGuinness has a bit more presence. 

I haven't taken any notice if Storey is playing for Preston much

Yeah he is playing and scoring for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mark said:

I was thinking about the comparison with Storey. He did well for us but out of the 2 I'd go for McGuinness. Not that I'd complain about either. I just think McGuinness has a bit more presence. 

I haven't taken any notice if Storey is playing for Preston much

He's also younger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Mark said:

I was thinking about the comparison with Storey. He did well for us but out of the 2 I'd go for McGuinness. Not that I'd complain about either. I just think McGuinness has a bit more presence. 

I haven't taken any notice if Storey is playing for Preston much

I tend to agree. Based on what we saw, Storey was a bit ‘nice’. McGuinness I think could have a bit of shithouse in him.

That said though. He’s not really had to, as his reading of the game at times is excellent.

Although as Reesh says. Storey has been scoring, he recently upset Michael Carrick and Middlesbrough.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd heard Mighten was going back to Forest so he might be the replacement. 

Started off at Arsenal, then Rangers B, then ended up at Derby as he didn't like Scotland. Was involved in most of Derby's games from February last season. Started in 9 of them and sub in others. 1 goal and 3 assists. 

He's very lively and direct and the fact he has recent Championship experience suggests he'd be a better fit than Mighten. Can't go back to Derby as Palace want a loan fee for him but they also want guaranteed playing time in his primary right wing position. That would mean a formation switch for us. Can see him going to Hull, though, as he worked with Rosenior last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...