2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

15 minutes ago, Mark said:

Flint would be an excellent signing at our level. 

I'd like to see us sign a forward with a bit of "mystery " or flair/pace. Easy to say but very difficult to get.

Obviously out of our range I suspect but l**ds willing to loan out Geldhart. If dont ask...

I wouldn't ask them ***** for the time.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Not through the managers choice and has been found out per some of their fans.

That does surprise me, not that he’s not quite made the grade but that the manager doesn’t rate him. Thought he spoke highly of him in the past.

I thought he was great last season when we had him. Not too dissimilar to McGuinness in terms of consistency when with us. Different type of player but I remember him fondly. Always looked calm and positionally sound. 

I’d be happy with McGuinness and Storey in the squad if we went up. 

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Can I push for them 

No!   Unless we get a good, versatile utility player in beforehand, who tries just as hard as Pato does, we must not let him go before the end of the season. Just 'cos some folks don't like his style, (which I understand), we should not risk promotion by giving up any of our most versatile players, like him, Palmer, Johnson or (the sadly injured) James.  These players are the glue in the mix, vital when other players are out.  Remember that old adage? "All because of a nail."  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheExile said:

Few rumours on Twitter about Tshimanga being a potential target. Seems unlikely but he did nearly get a championship move in the summer 

Double leg fracture and a dislocated ankle at Weymouth last February and still having intermittent problems with it now. Failed a medical at Hull at the beginning of July. 

Signed for Chesterfield, instead of a league club, because there's no percentage salary cap in the National league. 

If we're sniffing around that low down then I'd rather we took Langstaff or Rodrigues from Notts County 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Double leg fracture and a dislocated ankle at Weymouth last February and still having intermittent problems with it now. Failed a medical at Hull at the beginning of July. 

Signed for Chesterfield, instead of a league club, because there's no percentage salary cap in the National league. 

If we're sniffing around that low down then I'd rather we took Langstaff or Rodrigues from Notts County 

Sounds as bad an injury you can get other than ACL. I guess he’d be relatively cheap with a release clause/contract expiry scenario whereas the Notts C lads would be a more expensive gamble 

4 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

He isn't and 19 goals in 118 backs up that he's not a good striker. He is important at our level mind for what he can do.

He’s a dreadful finisher and by his own admission tends to just hit it as hard as he can. I agree that he’s useful at our level and I hope we keep him until the end of the season and wish him success with his future thereafter. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

He’s a dreadful finisher and by his own admission tends to just hit it as hard as he can. I agree that he’s useful at our level and I hope we keep him until the end of the season and wish him success with his future thereafter. 

He is liked by people who liked Lee Peacock.

Tries hard but a bit shit technique wise 

(A bit like my sex life but these days it rarely gets an appearance)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

He is liked by people who liked Lee Peacock.

Tries hard but a bit shit technique wise 

(A bit like my sex life but these days it rarely gets an appearance)

Paterson is useful in lots of different positions though. 

• Haha 1

Got a feeling might be bit of ins and outs today. Can't see a Premier club being after Windass, he will go if that's case and you couldn't blame him.

Gregory is an interesting one. I like him but for whatever reason it's not really happening for him this season. 

There's an unsubstantiated rumour going round some Toytown fans groups that Stewart has 'done a Chansiri' and 'sold' the stadium to an offshoot of ASD in order to fund the recent transfer spending. 

They're trying to tie it into another rumour that the club is going up for sale