2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/what-sheffield-wednesday-boss-said-when-quizzed-on-possible-incomings-ahead-of-wycombe-wanderers-tie-3986154

When asked if they would be looking for a replacement for the 22-year-old centre back, who was back training with the Bluebirds this week, Moore told the media, “It’s possible… We’ve got people here who can deputise and fill in. We’ll have a look in the market if needs be to fill that place, and we’ll look at our injury situation that we’ve got with our central defenders in here.

“But it’s an opportunity, we feel, for one or two in the camp to step up and into his shoes… The only irons in fires for us is preparing for Wycombe Wanderers.”

On 12/01/2023 at 07:33, HoylandOwl said:

According the the Hearts boss, Robbie Neilson it’s up to us now whether Pato joins them or not.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/paterson-sheffield-wednesday-transfer-update-25955480

I had an inside track to say it was all but agreed - subject to Patterson agreeing or not 

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I had an inside track to say it was all but agreed - subject to Patterson agreeing or not 

DM has spent many an interview denying it, said he was waiting for a phone call from his mate.

He was saying same last year about Sylla Sow

4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/what-sheffield-wednesday-boss-said-when-quizzed-on-possible-incomings-ahead-of-wycombe-wanderers-tie-3986154

When asked if they would be looking for a replacement for the 22-year-old centre back, who was back training with the Bluebirds this week, Moore told the media, “It’s possible… We’ve got people here who can deputise and fill in. We’ll have a look in the market if needs be to fill that place, and we’ll look at our injury situation that we’ve got with our central defenders in here.

“But it’s an opportunity, we feel, for one or two in the camp to step up and into his shoes… The only irons in fires for us is preparing for Wycombe Wanderers.”

Iorfa will probably get the middle slot in a back 3 but, to me, he works better when he's not the dominant centre half. If he goes down then we have no fit recognised middle centre half. We're down to Palmer, Famewo and James. Bakinson has deputised in there before and we've stuck Johnson in a back 3 last season. 

Ihiekwe must be closer than we think or we're announcing somebody on Monday 

There was talk yesterday that Lee Gregory is attracting interest from two championship clubs and a league one side.

Would you let him leave? I wouldn’t, I think he’s one of the more intelligent players we’ve got. Obviously the only downside this season with him though is that his scoring output hasn’t been as impressive as last term.

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Tyres Bailey-Green. skillful, nippy, forward. Really good at finding gaps and punishing teams. 

They were expecting big things of him but he's got hamstrings like cheese strings and that's why he got released last season. Got real problems after snapping one a couple of years ago. 

He's had 6 months off so maybe it might have done him good but only time will tell.

42 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Tyres Bailey-Green. skillful, nippy, forward. Really good at finding gaps and punishing teams. 

They were expecting big things of him but he's got hamstrings like cheese strings and that's why he got released last season. Got real problems after snapping one a couple of years ago. 

He's had 6 months off so maybe it might have done him good but only time will tell.

Like Wade Small then. 

Another defender being thrown into our mix is Bailey Wright at Sunderland. He's being allowed to go out on loan. Can play anywhere across the back line but predominantly a centre half. 

Lad who covers the North East for beIN tells me we've been asked if we want him. 

52 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Starting to think you might have been involved in recruitment when we went through those 200 CB’s and ended up with JVA, 200 with **** wrote at side of them before we got to JVA 😂

Don't you remember Jamie Pollock?

I suppose it could be deemed as off topic and probably inaccurate but some of the wages quoted in this article make me wonder what kind of wages we might be offering (to the clubs we are loaning from) to get players our way.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/the-staggering-weekly-wages-of-league-ones-highest-paid-players-and-the-sheffield-wednesday-ipswich-town-derby-county-plymouth-argyle-bolton-wanderers-and-wycombe-wanderers-players-who-make-the-list-3991003?page=5

20 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I suppose it could be deemed as off topic and inaccurate but some of the quoted in this article make me wonder what kind of wages we might be offering (to the clubs we are loaning from) to get players our way.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/the-staggering-weekly-wages-of-league-ones-highest-paid-players-and-the-sheffield-wednesday-ipswich-town-derby-county-plymouth-argyle-bolton-wanderers-and-wycombe-wanderers-players-who-make-the-list-3991003?page=5

Barry Bannan 21k at number 1 when he's publicly stated that this is bollocks makes you think that the rest of it is garbage and most likely guesswork too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I suppose it could be deemed as off topic and probably inaccurate but some of the wages quoted in this article make me wonder what kind of wages we might be offering (to the clubs we are loaning from) to get players our way.

Clarke-Harris only on £6100? Bollocks. He wouldn't get out of bed for that and his agent certainly wouldn't 

Edited by Tylluan

13 hours ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

No brainier.. give him a contract to the end of the season.

if he’s fit, he should be too good for league one 

He's had 'trials' and been 'training' with about seven different clubs, including a couple in Europe, since leaving Fulham and not been taken by any of them. This includes Luton who had such a central defensive crisis they played a winger there and they still didn't take him. 

Edited by Tylluan

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

He's had 'trials' and been 'training' with about seven different clubs, including a couple in Europe, since leaving Fulham and not been taken by any of them. This includes Luton who had such a central defensive crisis they played a winger there and they still didn't take him. 

We're so massive other clubs copy our stupidity 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

So what

Moore won’t sign him for the sake of it