2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

He's had 'trials' and been 'training' with about seven different clubs, including a couple in Europe, since leaving Fulham and not been taken by any of them. This includes Luton who had such a central defensive crisis they played a winger there and they still didn't take him. 

Could it be money demands? Rather than ability? 

Surely he can't have dropped off from what he was so much? 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Could it be money demands? Rather than ability? 

Surely he can't have dropped off from what he was so much? 

Had a bit of a mare at Fulham after his permanent move. Only played 4 league games in his last season as 34 year old Tim Ream was preferred. Hector wasn't injured. He just couldn't get off the bench. 

Don't know if it's wages or a mental block (or both) but something hasn't been right at the clubs he's been training at. If Moore thinks he can get a tune out of him then we have a championship player. 

I agree DM won’t sign him for the sake of it, as he said on Friday. Hell only sign him for good football reasons.

Sometimes players just thrive at certain clubs, maybe S6 and Hector is one of those situations. 
I think DM will want to know what the situation is with RJ before making many big decisions. RJ has been excellent and can play in two of the back line positions. If we lose RJ that will make our need to sign a player much more urgent I suspect.

Be interesting to see how much money Hector is after. Not that we will ever know. But a big reason he didn’t come here originally was the wage demands which became unreasonable and left a sour taste but from his pov vindicated as he eventually got his move to fulham….despite having to wait til the next window.

If all that is ok it’s difficult to have anything against signing him as he was quality here. Some of the goal saving blocks were like the ones McGuinness was dealing out against Newcastle the other week. Appreciate it was some time ago but he’s only 30 and we’ve seen others like Dean and Famewo come back rusty and get a new lease of life here. Makes sense medium and longer term. Could be an interesting week if we are after 2/3

On 19/01/2023 at 09:47, Tylluan said:

Another defender being thrown into our mix is Bailey Wright at Sunderland. He's being allowed to go out on loan. Can play anywhere across the back line but predominantly a centre half. 

Lad who covers the North East for beIN tells me we've been asked if we want him. 

He was really solid for them last season. Thought he was quite dominant at Hillsborough in the playoff semi against Gregory in the air (not Gregory’s strength but still). One of those who’s really effective in this league but gets found out in the Championship 

• Like 2

I like these comments from DM about the criteria for signings. 

But this one, especially.

"So when recruiting a player, as good as it is to come and play down at S6 there is that expectancy, which for all of us who are here, we love.

“It’s a wonderful driver but certainly for some players that have put the shirt on at this club we’ve seen the pressure get the better of them.

49 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

"So when recruiting a player, as good as it is to come and play down at S6 there is that expectancy, which for all of us who are here, we love.

“It’s a wonderful driver but certainly for some players that have put the shirt on at this club we’ve seen the pressure get the better of them.

Mighten?

Wilks?

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Mighten has turned out for the Forest first team so shouldn't be too overawed at the prospect of playing at Hillsborough. I wondered if it were more the likes of Jaden Brown, who's looked like a deer in the headlights every time he's been on the pitch?

Brown is a different thing altogether IMO.

He was also signed when we didn’t have or couldn’t have a pot to piss in.

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Looks like we’re missing out on McNally.

Mr T, for info if no one else has mentioned it, quoted tweets like this appear as black text on a black background in dark mode on my phone, which makes them pretty hard to read. 😀

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kaveman said:

Mr T, for info if no one else has mentioned it, quoted tweets like this appear as black text on a black background in dark mode on my phone, which makes them pretty hard to read. 😀

What phone you using as on my iPhone, the quoted tweets remain as white

1 hour ago, Kaveman said:

If you've got an adblocker running, that's what's making the tweet not embed properly on your screen... I can't change the text colour from Twitter unfortunately!

The problems i have on mobile...

The quoted text keeps being highlighted, then when i try and type the cursor shows then disappears.

If i do it quickly i can get a letter on, then i can complete the word, when i then press for a space i have go through it again for the next word, and so on.

That is on Samsung

It used to jump down the page with spaces going waaaay down the page for ages, as Reesh knows, but it doesn't do that bit any more.

8 hours ago, MAL said:

The problems i have on mobile...

The quoted text keeps being highlighted, then when i try and type the cursor shows then disappears.

If i do it quickly i can get a letter on, then i can complete the word, when i then press for a space i have go through it again for the next word, and so on.

That is on Samsung

It used to jump down the page with spaces going waaaay down the page for ages, as Reesh knows, but it doesn't do that bit any more.

Thanks pal.

Samsung’s own browser is causing the site some issues. It’s that which was inserting those huge spaces. No other browser did it.

So I suspect that’s what’s causing the quoting issue too. But, the site / platform developers are always working on things so it’ll likely be something they notice too.

• Thanks 1

On 23/01/2023 at 08:16, HoylandOwl said:

This "pressure" at Hillsborough boils my piss. This club apart from the odd spell has been fucking wank for 25 years. We've put up with some reyt dirge in that time and any player with an ounce of spark would get the full backing in the ground.

• Like 4

Are we going to sign someone then?

Of course there’s no rush with Hector, and if we are to offer him anything I’d just offer him a pay as you play or even a 6 month deal max for now.

I get the feeling we’re holding out to see if Ihiekwe will be back before we pull the trigger on Hector. 
Other than that…. It just seems very quiet.

I’m not overly concerned or owt, I just expected a little more movement.

Sam Reed is the best full back at that level and only 19. 

Sticking him our 21s, though, might actually be a bit of a backwards step. What's he gonna learn from our 19/20 year olds players against other 19/20 year olds when he's playing 'adult' football. Better to sign him then ship him out to National North. 

10 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Are we going to sign someone then?

Of course there’s no rush with Hector, and if we are to offer him anything I’d just offer him a pay as you play or even a 6 month deal max for now.

I get the feeling we’re holding out to see if Ihiekwe will be back before we pull the trigger on Hector. 
Other than that…. It just seems very quiet.

I’m not overly concerned or owt, I just expected a little more movement.

We'll sign him just in time for Loony Rooney to put him out for the season.

Bannan n Byers should be nowhere near this game either.  

Flint would be an excellent signing at our level. 

I'd like to see us sign a forward with a bit of "mystery " or flair/pace. Easy to say but very difficult to get.

Obviously out of our range I suspect but l**ds willing to loan out Geldhart. If dont ask...