2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

This is how I see it.

Byers gets subbed at Peterborough.

It kicks off a bit between him and our Assistant Manager.

Immediate conclusion drawn by press is that Byers will be unhappy because of it and therefore will want to leave SWFC.

Press create the above fantasy scenario, then add more BS into the mix, next thing there are stories being published that clubs are now after him! 

Wankers! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Billysboy said:

That twats the biggest bag of shit so called journalist I’ve ever had the misfortune to read, pathetic.

Glad it's not just me had him blocked months ago, first rate prick.

Edited by OwlMR
Spelling Error

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Only 16 hours left (plus 2 hours for the faxes to come through). 

22.45pm panic as no one can remember where the fax machine is, nevermind how to use it.

I presume we have progressed to pdf attachments 

Hopefully we have the same message prepared on both fax and pdf. A full page that just says, "FUCK OFF!"

21 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Grimsby boss Paul Hurst moaning about us and Alex Hunt, claims Grimsby want him on a permanent deal

I’d let him go. If Grimsby can’t afford a fee, whack a high sell on % in the deal, therefore if he does well, we might make something in the future. 

I’ve not seen a lot from him that makes me think we’d ever see him in our first team, especially as there are 6 ahead of him. 

Time to let him get on with his career, playing first team football IMO. 

• Like 3

I think he is what is termed a good leaver 

It is perhaps a solitary lesson for the younger members of the squad seeing what has happened to Liam Shaw and Uroghide. You can be lured by the money but from a pure football perspective what a sorry move it has been for them. 

Edited by mkowlthesexynewversion
  • Like 1

I think closing out still with Gregory and FDB still at Hillsborough alongside all the new re ruits is a positive on itself.

I think Moore would make a great DoF because he's certainly got the right attitude to attract the best players, just need him to prove he's a manager (forget being a coach, management is what's needed) 

11 hours ago, Skamp said:

I think closing out still with Gregory and FDB still at Hillsborough alongside all the new re ruits is a positive on itself.

I think Moore would make a great DoF because he's certainly got the right attitude to attract the best players, just need him to prove he's a manager (forget being a coach, management is what's needed) 

I said this some time last season. 

What he’s done for the club, in terms of the squad he is able to put together and the togetherness he’s brought not only in the players but the club as a whole, is fantastic imo. 

He’s given us a culture and some pride back in ourselves  

He can continue to do that long after he ceases to be our manager, for me. 

I agree that he has his failings as a coach, limitations tactically. He would be wise to fill those gaps by getting someone new into the coaching team who can assist him in that regard as it would be a shame to lose him from the club because he lacks in some areas  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lost his way a bit at West Brom and that's why he got released. Very much a confidence player. Depends whether being on the trials circuit will jolt him the right way. He has ability but there seemed to be something wrong upstairs and it wasn't big time Billy syndrome. 

58 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Lost his way a bit at West Brom and that's why he got released. Very much a confidence player. Depends whether being on the trials circuit will jolt him the right way. He has ability but there seemed to be something wrong upstairs and it wasn't big time Billy syndrome. 

I watched a player for Bradford City on Saturday,  Dion Perira. He has all the attributes, left footed, physical winger, seemed happy to track back etc, etc. I don't know him from Adam, but something told me he won't progress as far as his talent should let him

@Mark

You get a feeling mate. I can't explain it, either. 

He's been around a bit to say he's only 23. Watford, Atlanta, then a year without playing before trialing at Luton and going into their 23s. Then half a season on loan at Bradford. With the changes from 23s to 21s Luton wanted Bradford to buy him but Bradford said loan only. So he's at Bradford til his contract runs out in July. He's not wanted back at Luton. 

13 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

@Mark

You get a feeling mate. I can't explain it, either. 

He's been around a bit to say he's only 23. Watford, Atlanta, then a year without playing before trialing at Luton and going into their 23s. Then half a season on loan at Bradford. With the changes from 23s to 21s Luton wanted Bradford to buy him but Bradford said loan only. So he's at Bradford til his contract runs out in July. He's not wanted back at Luton. 

Crikey. He's got talent it's easy to spot. He stood out first 20 then faded. He kept working so I don't think it's attitude. There definitely a player in there, maybe just needs the right set up