2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

He's on £31k. He'd have to at least halve that to come to us on a permanent deal and if he's willing to take £12-16k in wages then he'll have most of the lower end of the Championship asking about him. 

And Bannan will never lose the armband unless he's the one who gives it up. 

The Hull manager Shota Arvaladze speaks about Mallik Wilks.

"I am not expecting him to leave, I am expecting him to use all his energy to play with us. 

"He had a good pre-season. Unfortunately, he missed eight days because of a small pain. Now he is back again and I hope he gets his chance, whether that is 10, 25 or 45 minutes. 

"I never wanted him to leave. It is his turn to show he wants to stay and play."

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

"I am not expecting him to leave, I am expecting him to use all his energy to play with us. 

"He had a good pre-season. Unfortunately, he missed eight days because of a small pain. Now he is back again and I hope he gets his chance, whether that is 10, 25 or 45 minutes. 

"I never wanted him to leave. It is his turn to show he wants to stay and play."

Surely to use all his energy to play for them he'd have to be selected for the match day squad?

15 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

So basically he's never going to be more than a sub for them. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-striker-set-loan-24677791

Kyle Joseph is set to leave Swansea City on loan this month, WalesOnline understands.

The striker has featured in pre-season but has predominantly turned out for the club's under-21s of late. He was not included in the matchday squad for the Championship opener at Rotherham United last weekend.

8 minutes ago, bricat said:

I saw in a newspaper (or it could be The Star) that we were being linked with a young Shrewsbury striker, Maybe for one of the youth teams?

Apparently, Nixon has said we're giving a trial to Lewis Lloyd (never heard of him) an 18 year-old. Hopefully one for the future, but not really newsworthy I'd have thought.

13 hours ago, OptimisticOwl said:

Apparently, Nixon has said we're giving a trial to Lewis Lloyd (never heard of him) an 18 year-old. Hopefully one for the future, but not really newsworthy I'd have thought.

17 goals and 17 assists in Shrewsbury's u18s last season and a run out in the Papa John's against Wolves kids where he scored and had an assist for another. 

6ft, not bad pace and quite technical and not afraid to go where it hurts. Picked up from Connahs Quay, where he'd played a couple of LAW games at 16. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, OptimisticOwl said:

Thanks for not putting the right name down!!

They're 16 years old. It was either scholars forms with us or scholars forms with Brentford B.

As alluded to in that article, Brentford have regained an u18 academy status but it falls into their B team set up. Means they'll be tapping up a lot more 15 and 16 year olds

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

They're 16 years old. It was either scholars forms with us or scholars forms with Brentford B.

As alluded to in that article, Brentford have regained an u18 academy status but it falls into their B team set up. Means they'll be tapping up a lot more 15 and 16 year olds

Legal corner cutting then

• Like 1