2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

4 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Not sure but I suspect this has been watered down slightly. Was sure an article on Twitter simply said they were signing for us. Now more like "likely to sign for".

As our lot have all piled on for two hours and theirs have all committed sepuku, if this doesn't happen now, we will be the biggest laughing stock ever.  Gerrit done!  

Overreaction 

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Presume they asked for an answer prior to them being due back for pre season which I believe is tomorrow isn't it?

They’re already back. It was the start of this week. 
With the exception of Stockdale who’s been given a little longer due to being in the playoff final, and Bannan who got married last weekend (so would assume Pato is off too)

4 minutes ago, Morley Owl said:

So if Michael Smith has signed with Michael Ihiekwe as local journalists are saying, and along with Vaulks and Heneghan, how many more incomings are we expecting. Probably still need a left back and centre back for me

Pacey forward like Wilks

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Warne wants to keep both but Stewart won't break his wage structure as he doesn't want to be paying 'silly' (£15k) money when they fall back into league 1. 

What we can offer is a sizeable increase, upon promotion, and promotion bonuses. 

Incredible signing and it’s rattled the Millers given theyve been ripping us recently.

But if it’s really 15k each that’s a lot of money and above average even for the championship. Pressure on!

In Smith, I don't think we could get a better striker at this level with his record. I've been quite critical of Moore, but he and obviously DC are really delivering. The chairman has backed him, he definitely needs to deliver. Getting the players in early is a massive plus 

3 minutes ago, Sheffieldblue said:

Seem to remember a similar feeling this time last year when we signed Lewis Wing.

☹️

The truth is every signing is a risk - some will fail and there are 20 reasons why they could.

I saw Ipswich fans getting excited because that Judge Jules has signed for them - he could be a good signing for them or he may last 10 minutes. 

Best keeper in the division - signed

Defender with the most clearances and blocks in the division - signed

Defender from by far the meanest defence in the division - signed

Top striker who had the second highest number of shots on goal in the division (117, by contrast Gregory had 72) - signed

Best RWB in the division, Hunty - re-signed

Cadamarteri - signed his pro deal

All in for the start of pre-season

We're having a reyt summer so far!!

Wilks plus a backup right wing back and 2-3 promising kids for the academy and we are looking rock solid.

Wouldn't mind taking advantage of Dawson's rise in stock by flogging him and bringing in a different keeper understudy also.

Agree with what KingMong said, Luongo is a quality player but injury prone now and therefore not worth the high wages.

UTO

Edited by Kingys Ginger Mullet

1 hour ago, Kingys Ginger Mullet said:

Best keeper in the division - signed

Defender with the most clearances and blocks in the division - signed

Defender from by far the meanest defence in the division - signed

Top striker who had the second highest number of shots on goal in the division (117, by contrast Gregory had 72) - signed

Best RWB in the division, Hunty - re-signed

Cadamarteri - signed his pro deal

All in for the start of pre-season

We're having a reyt summer so far!!

Wilks plus a backup right wing back and 2-3 promising kids for the academy and we are looking rock solid.

Wouldn't mind taking advantage of Dawson's rise in stock by flogging him and bringing in a different keeper understudy also.

Agree with what KingMong said, Luongo is a quality player but injury prone now and therefore not worth the high wages.

UTO

Vaulks?  

Another link - Jack Payne of Swindon.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-charlton-athletic-in-transfer-tussle-for-27-year-old/

Rob Staton has said it’s unlikely, although we have apparently looked at him.

Diminutive, likes to get in and around the box. He failed at Lincoln while I was there; works hard and there’s certainly ability. He’s a decent player; but for me not good enough for us and not what we need.