2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

Reesh

49 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Nailed on its Norwich Owl then. 

You can't have a pop at Norwich Owl, his and his missis' hospitality are top notch.... Another reason I was gutted when we didn't go up and they'd been relegated! The last time I went to Carrow Road, which admittedly was ages ago... He invited me and the lad down for pre match breakfast / lunch. It was cracking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

You can't have a pop at Norwich Owl, his and his missis' hospitality are top notch.... Another reason I was gutted when we didn't go up and they'd been relegated! The last time I went to Carrow Road, which admittedly was ages ago... He invited me and the lad down for pre match breakfast / lunch. It was cracking.

Probably the first people outside of the family they've ever entertained.....😂 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, NorwichOwl said:

Could be from anywhere, you just need a VPN.

Possibly.  Wikipedia does put a lot of effort into blocking edits from proxy servers and VPNs, as they have obvious reasons for stopping anonymous users posting crap.

A keeper that experienced out of contract two weeks before the end of June is a very good start to our Summer transfer dealings.  

Haven’t a clue about Henneghan, will reserve judgement until I’ve seen him play for us a couple of times.

16 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

We've apparently turned down 2 loan bids for Cam Dawson from the Scottish Premiership.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-reject-loan-offers-24243459

He's 26 now?! ...that makes me feel even older. The point being. What's the point? He's either good enough or not good enough. Sadly I feel he isn't. I would have loved him to kick on and reach his potential but I think his confidence got kicked out of him by some managers thinking he could play the Victor Valdez role. I'd like him to have another chance in league one, but at this stage, both the club and Dawson should be deciding on the best for both parties. Hope I'm wrong and if he stays he can give Stockdale worries about the number 1 slot. To be frank, I can't see it. 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

We've apparently turned down 2 loan bids for Cam Dawson from the Scottish Premiership.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-reject-loan-offers-24243459

Aberdeen is unlikely as Dawson would likely play second fiddle to Joe Lewis. St Johnstone would be a better move if he’s allowed to leave on loan, they just lost Zander Clark who is a decent no.1

I’ve seen that NML also supposedly isn’t signing a new deal too.

Wildsmith showed so much promise when he first came in under Carlos, much like Dawson did under in Jos’ first half a year. He’s young enough to build again, but, I’ve got to say, he’s looked a really poor keeper this last two years, I’d arguably say not good enough for league football. But then I think the same about Dawson and he was good by all accounts at Exeter.

We deffo need legs.

By my calculation, we need another two center halves. We’ll get another left sided and right sided player, if Luongo goes, we’ll probably get two midfield player players. And it will be Wilkes and another striker up top (likely to be a big number 9).

4 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

Don’t give a fuck about NML, thought he dropped off big time towards end. Mind you we did get the Charlie snorting **** back in the limelight, ungrateful bastard😅

Like a roid ripped JJ