2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

Smith coming here would be hilarious. Can’t see it happening, Ladapo seemed more realistic but I think we’d offer smith a lot more money. As others have said I’d expect Ipswich and Bolton to be the contenders alongside us this season. Probably Derby too if they act quickly 

Cardiff apparently interested in him too

13 minutes ago, TheExile said:

Smith coming here would be hilarious. Can’t see it happening, Ladapo seemed more realistic but I think we’d offer smith a lot more money. As others have said I’d expect Ipswich and Bolton to be the contenders alongside us this season. Probably Derby too if they act quickly 

45 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Just received a text from a mate who’s normally good for info. We’ve made contact with Steven Fletcher about a return

A player of his type we need. But I just don't want it to be him.

Would anyone consider taking Luke Shaw back on loan? Now that Hutch and maybe Massimo have gone could offer us that defensive option and cover at CH, although I think he might get bullied a bit in that position 

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Would anyone consider taking Luke Shaw back on loan? Now that Hutch and maybe Massimo have gone could offer us that defensive option and cover at CH, although I think he might get bullied a bit in that position 

Don't think he would fancy leaving Man U for La liga 1 mate!

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-newcastle-united-anderson-24150581

Sheffield Wednesday remain interested in signing Newcastle United youngster Elliot Anderson

Don't know where he'd fit in. He's an attacking midfielder, a 'false' 10 who likes to roam a bit and create his own space. Barton changed Bristol Rovers formation to accommodate him. It would mean moving Bannan about and I can't see that happening.

I also think Howe will take a good look at him before sending him back out on loan so I can't see him going out early and I'd like us to have done our business by then, if possible. 

Just been told that Forest have put in a cheeky bid for Nick Pope and if that happens then we'll move to take Ethan Horvath on loan. 

Horvath needs a guaranteed start to push for a US World Cup spot and is willing to go out on loan to try and secure it.

30 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Just been told that Forest have put in a cheeky bid for Nick Pope and if that happens then we'll move to take Ethan Horvath on loan. 

Horvath needs a guaranteed start to push for a US World Cup spot and is willing to go out on loan to try and secure it.

I saw something yesterday about that Pope bid.

Horvath started the season as number 1 for Forest didn’t he? I’ve not seen much of him though. 

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I saw something yesterday about that Pope bid.

Horvath started the season as number 1 for Forest didn’t he? I’ve not seen much of him though. 

He only played back end of February beginning of March when Samba was injured. As soon as Samba was fit he was back on the bench. Lost his US place in their WC play-offs because of lack of game time and the national coach has made it clear that only those playing regularly get in the squad. 

13 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

He only played back end of February beginning of March when Samba was injured. As soon as Samba was fit he was back on the bench. Lost his US place in their WC play-offs because of lack of game time and the national coach has made it clear that only those playing regularly get in the squad. 

He came in when samba was suspended for being a fucking idiot.

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

The US played some "old" guy yesterday ahead of him and the talk for most of the game was who would be 3rd choice behind Turner and Steffen. They're not overly thrilled that their top 2 choices will both be bench warming for Arsenal and Man City next season and really want someone whos playing regularly. 

Will Boyle formerly linked with us…. Isn’t coming.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/huddersfield-town-complete-signing-of-sheffield-wednesday-target-will-boyle-3721430

Huddersfield Town complete signing of Sheffield Wednesday target Will Boyle

HEAD of football operations Leigh Bromby believes that new signing Will Boyle 'ticks many of the boxes' required for Huddersfield Town following his decision to re-join the club.

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Will Boyle formerly linked with us…. Isn’t coming.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/huddersfield-town-complete-signing-of-sheffield-wednesday-target-will-boyle-3721430

Huddersfield Town complete signing of Sheffield Wednesday target Will Boyle

HEAD of football operations Leigh Bromby believes that new signing Will Boyle 'ticks many of the boxes' required for Huddersfield Town following his decision to re-join the club.

Wasn't Bromby a supporter of the Blunts?