2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

This. Windass is decent at our level, no question. Can we get as good, for same or less money? Of course if he actually wants to go, which I suspect he does, then he goes. 

I think he's worth more than a million 2us

Only if he gets on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

Andy Carroll will become available on July 1st as West Brom won't be renewing his contract. 

His deal at West Brom, and Reading before them, was a grand a week and £15k a goal. 

Thoughts?

Absolutely, NO

57 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Any danger of us not getting the money once he's gone to Argentina, if he goes?  Some shitty rule or fix we don't know about yet to make it a Chapman / Hirst Jnr / Windass Jnr fail treble?

No. 
But if he does go, I’ll wait for the influx of people online suggesting we should have pushed for 2-3m 

1 hour ago, holmesfield_owl said:

We've got Windass fit, him and Gregory gets us automatic imo. Promotion worth more than a measly million. Keep him unless he really wants to go 

Keeping him fit is the problem.

As much as he can and does make a difference when fit, I’d be taking the money if I had any say in things.

He wasn't fit in those two games against Sunderland. He played because the alternative was Kamberi or Paterson. 

Seven figures for a player with his recent injury record and a season left on his contract. 

It's a no brainer

And he'll probably want to go as well.

Edited by Tylluan

21 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Why would he want to play in Argentina sorry? If he got a full pre season under him ready for next season then what's a million going to do really. Keep him

Play in the Copa Libertadores, or the Papa John Trophy, tough choice. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Why would he want to play in Argentina sorry? If he got a full pre season under him ready for next season then what's a million going to do really. Keep him

See him walk away for nowt in summer?

If he was 23 maybe extend and keep, not 28.

And I wholeheartedly thank you for your sageness

by the way...is glue involved at the Argentinian club...or at least the securing of objects with the collagen remnants from processed horse bone and skin....?

1 hour ago, MonkeyTennis said:

I watched them a couple of times near the end of season, very neat and tidy until the final third where they lacked a threat....sort that out and I can see them being in with a shout.

They were toss at Hillsborough, all lovely tippy tappy shit with no end product 

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

They were toss at Hillsborough, all lovely tippy tappy shit with no end product 

Their performance against us at Portman Road under Cook was easily the worst I saw from a home team throughout last season

Any side with a brain would have known to get a second and kill the game off. That should have been a 3 or 4-0 win to us that day if we had been bothered to go for a second.

What made that draw worse is they could have won it, given the sitter they missed soon after. 

56 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

The Star are linking us with a move for Michael Smith; who’s yet to sign a new deal with Rotherham.

Smith would be a great choice to have in the club. Good in the air, batter defenders with high balls etc. Perfect alternative if/when Gregory is injured.

1 minute ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Smith would be a great choice to have in the club. Good in the air, batter defenders with high balls etc. Perfect alternative if/when Gregory is injured.

There's no way he'd come to be second fiddle, after the season he's just had.  Personally, I'd have him in with Gregory.... However, there'd be more of a reliance on the midfielders/wing backs to support as neither he or Gregory are the best channel runners. 

South American's pondering over a second bid for Windass apparently. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/athletic-talleres-sheffield-wednesday-windass-24117617

Atlético Talleres have not given up hope of prising Josh Windass away from Sheffield Wednesday. The Argentinian side have already had a six figure bid rejected for the forward. 

But reports in South America have suggested the Primera División side are likely to table another bid this week. Talleres are managed by Pedro Caixinha, who is a big fan of Windass. The pair worked closely together at Glasgow Rangers.

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

There's no way he'd come to be second fiddle, after the season he's just had.  Personally, I'd have him in with Gregory.... However, there'd be more of a reliance on the midfielders/wing backs to support as neither he or Gregory are the best channel runners. 

He'd make a great partner for Gregory, IMO. Can't see it though.