2022/23 Wednesday transfer thread...

Only 9 or 10 weeks until start of next season.....then take 7 weeks off that before contracts run down on June 30th.........hopefully we've done a retain list and we're already negotiating incoming signings....

It seems Paterson has another year left on his contract so he won't be going anywhere

One of the A-League programs mentioned Western Sydney Wanderers are thinking of offering a deal to Luongo in the event Jack Rodwell doesn't sign a new deal with them

On 10/05/2022 at 10:08, MPB said:

Are we still only allowed £13m per season under FFP?

Spending limits are calculated differently for League 1.  It's based on player wages as a percentage of turnover I believe.  However an owner is allowed to offset any overspend with donations or equity as long as the donations are not registered as loans or debt against the club.

10 hours ago, mogbad said:

Spending limits are calculated differently for League 1.  It's based on player wages as a percentage of turnover I believe.  However an owner is allowed to offset any overspend with donations or equity as long as the donations are not registered as loans or debt against the club.

Cheers! 👍

12 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Couple of lads behind me at the Pompey game seemed convinced we were in for their keeper. No idea where it came from or if there's owt in it?!

The Man City lad?    Had a decent game despite shippin' 4 goals...

53 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Where do you gleam that from? 

Thoroughly enjoyed my time coming back to @swfc unfortunately we failed to achieve what we set out to achieve!! Now my time is focused on being with my family and enjoying some rest. Thank you for your support this season JH32"

'its on his Instagram, which then led to newspapers saying his future may lay elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Billysboy said:

Seen where that Crann guy at the stir is saying we're showing interest in Panutche Camara at Plymouth.

yeah just seen that. Camara is a bit of athletic lad from what I recall of him, bit like Adeniran. Not sure we need another one? Unless DA suffers with reoccurring injuries (HOPEFULLY NOT)

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

yeah just seen that. Camara is a bit of athletic lad from what I recall of him, bit like Adeniran. Not sure we need another one? Unless DA suffers with reoccurring injuries (HOPEFULLY NOT)

I reckon he's exactly what we need. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Championship. 

16 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Proper old school goalkeeper. Experience in abundance. What's not to like?

Could we afford his wages though?

At 39 years old, I can’t see people paying him a fortune…. But I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a lot of interest in him which could drive up the wages