Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

1 minute ago, MonkeyTennis said:

Boring the way our football pyramid has got to this point, only going to get worse. 

Teams going up to the PL now can't have any ambition other than stopping up, good for the finances but that's it.

Teams that got promoted 30 + years ago could go up and be title contenders, fucking no chance now.

The fact it is impacting on League 1. The daft thing is if us or Sunderland got promoted we perhaps have more chance of retaining Championship status than Wigan, Toytown or Wycombe. MK have the infrastructure but failed really last time to build.

Even at the other end, I think Donny, Wimbledon, Gillingham have floated between LG 1 and 2.

Will Forest Green, Exeter sustain their League 1 status 

The Leicester team has just been mentioned on Sky for their game in the pizza pie version of the UEFA cup tonight against Roma.

The bloke on SSN reading out the team said….

’They’ve got Kasper Schmeichel in the nets’

thats a professional broadcaster right there.. 

• Haha 1

So Wycombe’s shithousery was world class, and the Sky lot had a love-in about Analsworth and AchingFemur?  Didn’t need to watch it. 

BT’s presenters having a right whinge about Frankfurt’s celebratory pitch invasion.  🙄 I really fucking hate the Premier League at times.

5 minutes ago, owl71 said:

So Wycombe’s shithousery was world class, and the Sky lot had a love-in about Analsworth and AchingFemur?  Didn’t need to watch it. 

BT’s presenters having a right whinge about Frankfurt’s celebratory pitch invasion.  🙄 I really fucking hate the Premier League at times.

Makes me wonder if I actually ever want us back. Maybe a season just to say we’ve done it. 
2k away allocations, no chance of anything better than top 10…. Grown to like the football league over the past 20 years 😂

5 minutes ago, owl71 said:

The Norwich win the Championship, get relegated, win the Championship, get relegated two step would probably do for me.

Nah, I want us to stay at least 3 seasons just to show the pigs it can be done. And during those season's I'd want us to build to have a chance of a crack at Europe, even if it's that conference thing Leicester were in. 

13 hours ago, 1banana2banana said:

Called a Wycombe 1 0 all week in this one. Can’t believe I didn’t have a bet. If you go behind against this side it’s a nightmare. 

13 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Wycombe 2-0 MK

Money well saved!

13 hours ago, MPB said:

Come on Leipzig...with all yer commercial and ethical faults....beat these *****...

13 hours ago, MPB said:

Oh yeah!!!  I say....oh yeah!!! 😂

Oh dear 😉

12 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Wtf is the europa conference league? There's the not Champions League and the Europa League, so what is this other nonsense?

I remember the good old days when there were three European competitions.

Obviously the Champions League is what used to be the European Cup. Then I look at the Europa League as being the modern day equivalent of the UEFA Cup and the Europa Conference League as the European Cup Winners' Cup, even though you don't actually qualify for the latter by winning a domestic cup! 🤔

3 minutes ago, MPB said:

Genuine question because I've lost all interest in Uefa competitions.....aside from idly watchin games when nowt else is on.....but does winning the FA Cup get you a Europa spot?

Winners qualify for the UEFA Europa League and a place in the upcoming FA Community Shield.