Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Sharp's a **** but that was disgusting and so stupid after your team have just got through to the play off final

Yeah but still funny watching that gobshite get what has been coming for a fucking long time. Maybe the bolshy **** won't act the big I am again.

1 hour ago, Sheffieldblue said:

He got flattened by a forest fan, just charged at him , knocked him to the ground. Sharp didn't see him coming. Bit of a shithouse trick. 

Just seen it.  That is really cowardly, that is. Wtf? They'd just won.  He wants fooking, properly.  

6 hours ago, Sheffieldblue said:

He got flattened by a forest fan, just charged at him , knocked him to the ground. Sharp didn't see him coming. Bit of a shithouse trick. 

Bit like leaving a foot in with some of yer challenges like he did last time we played em, fuck him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MPB said:

Probably provoking the crowd the pig ****......deserves a good slapping anyway.....just surprised he didn't run off like he normally does the cowardly ****....

This. 

Any other United player i'd be inclined to feel sorry for and wholeheartedly condemn the attack but not this bullying twat

Edited by Andyben

Arrest made.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61488095

Police have arrested a man after Sheffield United captain Billy Sharp was assaulted by a fan at the end of their Championship play-off final second leg at Nottingham Forest. 

Television footage showed a supporter charge at Sharp during a pitch invasion as the player stood on the sidelines.

Forest won 3-2 on penalties after the two legs finished 3-3 on aggregate.

Blades manager Paul Heckingbottom said Sharp needed stitches, while Forest say they were "appalled".

"We've seen one of our players attacked," said Heckingbottom after the match at Forest's City Ground. "He's shook up, bleeding, angry.

"Bill was minding his own business off the pitch, trying to get our players away. He was blindsided, it was cowardly. He was knocked to the ground [and required] stitches, he was shook up."

Nottinghamshire police launched an investigation following the incident.

Chief Inspector Paul Hennessy, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: "A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault in connection with this incident. He remains in custody and will be questioned by officers.

"Our enquiries into the circumstances surrounding the incident are ongoing. We have spoken to the player concerned and we are working with both clubs who are supporting us with our investigation."

Sharp, 36, who did not feature in the game because of an injury, played for Forest on loan in the 2012-13 season.

In a statement, Forest said the offending fan would be banned for life.

They said: "Nottingham Forest Football Club are appalled to learn that our former player, Billy Sharp, was assaulted leaving the pitch after tonight's match at The City Ground.

"The club will work with the authorities to locate the individual in order they are held to account for their actions, which will include a life ban from Nottingham Forest.

"The club would also like to apologise to Billy personally and to Sheffield United Football Club."

After the game, Heckingbottom told Sky Sports: "How can you come to your place of work and mind own business and be assaulted in that fashion. It's bang out of order and everything that's wrong.

"You hear too many times that people condemn it, but nothing is done and we are the ones who suffer. It is upsetting for many reasons but it will be dealt with."

Sky Sports pundit and former Forest defender Michael Dawson called it an "absolute disgrace."

In January, the UK's football policing lead told the BBC that arrests at football matches across the top five English leagues were at their highest levels in years, with fan disorder "getting worse".

Tbf that’s pretty shocking. More violent than what happened to Kirkland, albeit different context as he wasn’t the only one on the pitch.

I didn’t see it at the time but normally the staff and subs scarper down the tunnel as soon as the fans start coming up, why was Sharp still there?

For some reason loads of pigs players were still walking round the pitch at the end. Surely it would have made sense for them to go straight down the tunnel? 

sure the BBC will want all football fans banning from games. The odd smoke canister is considered an act of violence by them and old owlstalk Neil. They will be crying after last nights events. 

It was discussed on Quest and our mate Colin was suggesting something needs to happen bc it could have been worse.

I personally have never felt the need to run on the pitch after a game, seems a bit tinpot to me but if some want to do it that's up to them.

However, as we have debated before the stewards are unlikely to stop it happening and no clubs these days are prepared to pay for a big police presence so what is the solution - I can't see fences been put up for what is once a blue moon event. It didn't stop people getting on the pitch back in the day either.

whilst I've no love for Sharp I don't think I can condone what happened whomever the player is. Forest need to ban the nob.

22 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Tbf that’s pretty shocking. More violent than what happened to Kirkland, albeit different context as he wasn’t the only one on the pitch.

I didn’t see it at the time but normally the staff and subs scarper down the tunnel as soon as the fans start coming up, why was Sharp still there?

Actingh the hard man, again