Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

Reesh

Tbf it was a decent finish, it was a pity for us Wednesday fans that we never got the best out of him and he never played his best for us. 3 times the cost of Andy Sinton who did the same.

I concur it was a fans signing but with complete disregard to the FFP rules by Chansiri. The pragmatic Carlos was never going to use him properly, when he wasn't playing to the strengths of the squad already.

The episode highlights the whole lack of a sustainable plan that arose. 

8 hours ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Jordan Rhodes should never hae been a Wednesday player in the first place, we didn't need him. Carlos didn't even want the player

But did the chairman listen? No, signed because the fans wanted him. So why was Ben Marshall never signed given there was 7492 threads about him every day on another Wednesday forum.

Then we need to do 20 year season tickets just to pay his wages. 

Complete waste, cheers chairman! 

Why would DC sign Ben Marshall?    Wasn't that Manadaric's era?

1 hour ago, MPB said:

Eh?   The fuck you on about?

Anyone with half a brain could see he was making comparisons with the fans clamour for Marshall and then with Rhodes, not that DC should sign Marshall ffs. 

28 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I read it and got it. He is comparing fans clamour for signing a player, DC caved, MM didn't 

29 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I read it and got it. He is comparing fans clamour for signing a player, DC caved, MM didn't 

So we agree....you really need to manage your anger dude.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MPB said:

So we agree....you really need to manage your anger dude.....

No you read it as him saying DC should have signed Marshall. I'm not angry, just fed up of reading your utter fucking tripe. 

Rhodes got stiffed by the management.

He and Winall were building a nice partnership until Carlos broke it up, those two were the top 2 english league goalscorers over the previous 5 seasons (IIRC) and deserved the opportunity to play together till the end of the season.

He rushed Hooper back, and set in motion the end of his  career by doing so

4 hours ago, MPB said:

Why would DC sign Ben Marshall?    Wasn't that Manadaric's era?

When we signed Rhodes on loan initially, Ben Marshall signed for Wolves from Blackburn on that day as well.

Naturally, I'd have not put two and two together but when it was announced we only signed Rhodes because the fans wanted him as the chairman said in the outburst, I've always wondered why Marshall wasn't signed when he went to Wolves, then Millwall, then Norwich.

Literally, Marshalls named was mentioned every pre season after Megson had him on loan. 

Edited by Kiwi Owl

12 minutes ago, Reesh said:

No you read it as him saying DC should have signed Marshall. I'm not angry, just fed up of reading your utter fucking tripe. 

There you go again.....deep breaths fella...!

5 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

When we signed Rhodes on loan initially, Ben Marshall signed for Wolves from Blackburn on that day as well.

Naturally, I'd have not put two and two together but when it was announced we only signed Rhodes because the fans wanted him as the chairman said in the outburst, I've always wondered why Marshall wasn't signed when he went to Wolves, then Millwall, then Norwich.

Literally, Marshalls named was mentioned every pre season after Megson had him on loan. 

Cheers! 👍

Aggression.....fuck tippy tappy....get into the *****....it's not rocket science....Forest have sat back....

That's how you go up.......stop the fuck overthinking......

Edited by MPB

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

ET 

The play offs really are games that are played between the ears as much as on the pitch. 

I mean we were critical of how we played but once you accept that its the tension etc that kills you in these games

You're not kidding, MK. This is killing me and we're not even playing!