Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

1 minute ago, HappyOwl said:

Has this new forum got a translate feature cos I’ve no idea what that means 😩😩

Ha. 

There was a kid up in Scotland, Lawrence Shankland that was rated by some and linked with moves to some reasonable level clubs, he is now at Belgian 1st divisions bottom side who are owned by same lot as the Blades. 

10 minutes ago, Walkley said:

Ha. 

There was a kid up in Scotland, Lawrence Shankland that was rated by some and linked with moves to some reasonable level clubs, he is now at Belgian 1st divisions bottom side who are owned by same lot as the Blades. 

That makes sense now thank you 👍so the forum does have a translate feature you just have to ask 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, HappyOwl said:

That makes sense now thank you 👍so the forum does have a translate feature you just have to ask 😂😂😂

I don't have time to translate Dingle or to break posts down into levels manageable for Rotherham natives mind. 

19 minutes ago, Walkley said:

I don't have time to translate Dingle or to break posts down into levels manageable for Rotherham natives mind. 

I thought with the new forum you might have changed but good to see your still the same old Walkley won’t be long until we are all carnts. 😂😂 😘😘

23 minutes ago, Walkley said:

Ha. 

While at Dundee United he scored 24 goals in 26 games in the Scottish Championship and 7 in 28 in the Prem.  I was one of those that thought he could do a job for us but he went to Belgium to chase the money. He's by far and away Beerschot's highest wage earner and he's got 2 years left on a contract that, reportedly, has no release clause and no relegation wage reduction clause. 

Beerschot tried to get rid in January and offered him to several clubs back in Scotland but his wages are now a major stumbling block to his return. Shankland gave an interview a couple of weeks ago where he said he was surprised they'd gone down two months before the end of the season but he was looking forward to next season in Belgium. 

2 hours ago, Walkley said:

@EastCraigsOwl

Just plodding through my bets for tonight and saw that Shankland lad was slumming it for a Pigs sister club in Belgium, his stock has dropped, wasn't he rated not too far back? 

I knew he'd fucked off abroad somewhere but didn't know he was in Belgium.

Shankland has always been an interesting one. Scored loads in the second tier but was nowhere near as consistent in the top flight.

No idea where his career goes now.

Just now, EastCraigsOwl said:

I knew he'd fucked off abroad somewhere but didn't know he was in Belgium.

Shankland has always been an interesting one. Scored loads in the second tier but was nowhere near as consistent in the top flight.

No idea where his career goes now.

Pigs wouldn't shock me as his next move. 

6 hours ago, MPB said:

How many did Sutton take, out of interest...?

Must have been about 18k Sutton fans, cos there were 30k there overall.

sounds like Sutton were unlucky in the 90 and just ran out of steam in the extra time from what was discussed on RS tonight.

If I remember our game against the mini pigs they had two shots on goal and we had plenty, just didn't have someone that can finish like Gregory. His goal on Saturday was superb, plenty of players wouldn't have been able to finish that with their feet.

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Must have been about 18k Sutton fans, cos there were 30k there overall.

sounds like Sutton were unlucky in the 90 and just ran out of steam in the extra time from what was discussed on RS tonight.

If I remember our game against the mini pigs they had two shots on goal and we had plenty, just didn't have someone that can finish like Gregory. His goal on Saturday was superb, plenty of players wouldn't have been able to finish that with their feet.

Aye, the just couldn't hang on. Most of their players pulled up with cramp at some point which is no surprise considering what they're used to and the size of the pitch at Wembley.

Tuesdays League One Fixtures

AFC Wimbledon19:45Charlton Athletic

Cambridge United19:45Wycombe Wanderers

Fleetwood Town19:45Lincoln City

Milton Keynes Dons19:45Crewe Alexandra

Morecambe19:45Oxford United

Wigan Athletic19:45Accrington Stanley

Bolton Wanderers20:00Portsmouth

Barring Wycombe smashing Cambridge away we shouldn't end up outside the play offs tonight