Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

1 minute ago, HappyOwl said:

Speaking to a Rotherham fan on Sunday and he said they look finished he might be right 

Mate of mine has been saying it for weeks and weeks.

Playing shit and stealing games but it can't carry on, was his expression.

They managed it again for a Pizza, but hopefully blown the league, even though they still have a game in hand.

The permutations in League 1 look insane with the number of games to be played between the top 8 teams, counting in Oxford still  

Wigan will do enough to get automatic promotion.

Whilst not favourites in any way Plymouth if they got results in their last games could still have a shout 

Theoretically if we beat MK Dons and our game in hand then be only 4 points behind. Obviously would need a swing in our favour before that game 

I'm hoping Plymouth can win at Wycombe on Saturday a) bc it does us a favour and b) it will put Roveram under even more pressure.

obviously beating MK Dons would be fantastic but I feel we are at best going to get a draw. If Wycombe draw or lose Saturday would be a good outcome.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I'm hoping Plymouth can win at Wycombe on Saturday a) bc it does us a favour and b) it will put Roveram under even more pressure.

obviously beating MK Dons would be fantastic but I feel we are at best going to get a draw. If Wycombe draw or lose Saturday would be a good outcome.

Isn't possible for Plymouth to win at Wycombe on Saturday

That was a completely mad last 15 minutes, where it actually worked against Madrid. I think I would be annoyed if a fan of theirs, whilst they have had success as a dogs of War team, they made City look very average in that 2nd half playing football not shithousing. 

Not comparing quality wise but we have faced League 1 equivalents where you just think play football 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Didn’t watch City last night, but sounded proper shithouse from Atleti. Not surprising though 

The stuff at the end was wholly caused by Man City.

I'm a firm believer in that, if you're really injured, you don't / can't roll. Yes, Foden was brushed by Felipe and, yes, that probably warranted a second yellow (which he duly received). However, Foden managed to roll a couple of yards off the pitch before miraculously twisting his body round to roll back onto it. I don't blame Savic for picking him up and trying to shove him back off. I would've done the same. Cheating little bastard.

Then we have Jack Grealish, who obviously swore at Savic (why else would BT scramble his mouth in the replays?). The defender responded by pulling his hair. Quite right. Again, I would've done the same.

Then we have the creepy looking 'goalkeeper' who successfully managed to con everyone into believing he was injured. Perhaps someone came within a yard of one of his tattoos?

None of this was condemned by the pundits in the BT studio. Indeed, the racist, forgetful junkie described Foden's actions as "cute". Remind me why he's still in a job.

I enjoy shithousery. I'm all for digs in the ribs, sly kicks, etc., but I draw the line at diving, cheating and, worst of all (although thankfully it's extremely rare and didn't occur last night), spitting.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2022 at 21:28, MAL said:

Mate of mine has been saying it for weeks and weeks.

Playing shit and stealing games but it can't carry on, was his expression.

They managed it again for a Pizza, but hopefully blown the league, even though they still have a game in hand.

Managed it at Hillsborough, play that game 100 times, we win 98 and they spoz a draw.

I want them ***** in the play offs, we owe them. Their cup final too so fans will be on their backs throughout

2 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

I'm a firm believer in that, if you're really injured, you don't / can't roll. Yes, Foden was brushed by Felipe and, yes, that probably warranted a second yellow (which he duly received). However, Foden managed to roll a couple of yards off the pitch before miraculously twisting his body round to roll back onto it. I don't blame Savic for picking him up and trying to shove him back off. I would've done the same. Cheating little bastard.

Then we have Jack Grealish, who obviously swore at Savic (why else would BT scramble his mouth in the replays?). The defender responded by pulling his hair. Quite right. Again, I would've done the same.

Then we have the creepy looking 'goalkeeper' who successfully managed to con everyone into believing he was injured. Perhaps someone came within a yard of one of his tattoos?

None of this was condemned by the pundits in the BT studio. Indeed, the racist, forgetful junkie described Foden's actions as "cute". Remind me why he's still in a job.

I enjoy shithousery. I'm all for digs in the ribs, sly kicks, etc., but I draw the line at diving, cheating and, worst of all (although thankfully it's extremely rare and didn't occur last night), spitting.

I agree with most of what you say here, especially the bit I’ve highlighted, but there was an example earlier in the game that disproves this.

Walker went down in an innocuous challenge and managed to roll umpteen times - almost rolling off the pitch (“get up you twat. Clearly not injured”). He had treatment, went off the pitch, came back on, (“I knew it. Not injured at all”). Minutes later went down injured again, substituted, (“maybe injured after all”). Replays showed him catching his standing foot as he went to clear the ball. Injured, but capable of rolling.

2 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Seem to remember Paterson going down injured off the pitch at Leppings Lane end and then realising and rolling back on. 

8 hours ago, M42Owl said:

I agree with most of what you say here, especially the bit I’ve highlighted, but there was an example earlier in the game that disproves this.

Walker went down in an innocuous challenge and managed to roll umpteen times - almost rolling off the pitch (“get up you twat. Clearly not injured”). He had treatment, went off the pitch, came back on, (“I knew it. Not injured at all”). Minutes later went down injured again, substituted, (“maybe injured after all”). Replays showed him catching his standing foot as he went to clear the ball. Injured, but capable of rolling.

Aye, it's not an exact science. It's probably best to apply it mainly to serious injuries. Leg breaks and such like.

Walker was a strange one. Rolled a wee bit before wriggling on his back, legs in the air, kinda resembling a demented slater!

7 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Seem to remember Paterson going down injured off the pitch at Leppings Lane end and then realising and rolling back on. 

He may be a Hearts legend but I don't condone such behavior. Guaranteed he would've learned that at Cardiff, under Warnock.