Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

5 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I get that it seemed ridiculous for the sake of 5 minutes but that's easy for us to say that have probably never tried it 

I don't eat from Friday to Sunday, the beer makes up for it mind. 

I observed Ramadan a few years ago as part of a charity thing done for work. I found my body got used to the regime after about five days and as long as I carbed up and ate the right things after sundown then I had enough energy for the day. 

Never do it as a weight loss program, though, as you actually put weight on if you do it right.

As I've mentioned in a previous post. You can get special exemptions if fasting affects your job. Ramadan isn't just about fasting. Zakat plays a big part and that's charitable donating. If you skip fasting then your donation is expected to be bigger. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MPB said:

Well I've watched a few Championship games this season and apart from a Fulham game (can't remember oppo) around Xmas time...I have been very underwhelmed by that league....tonight's game is a prime example....a team in the play off places who look fookin average to say the least....

Nowt against the rest up and around the top six it shows how average they all are with the likes of Luton, Blackburn, Coventry being in the mix

Kilmarnock scored a 90th minute winner at home to title rivals Arbroath and clinched a quickfire return to the top flight in the process.

The Smokies' brave attempt to gain automatic promotion is now over and they have to settle for a place in the play offs.

Probably for the best in the long run to be honest. I'm not sure whether the Premiership still has a 'minimum number of seats' rule but, if it does, Gayfield would fail instantly. Not sure who they could ground share with. Either of the Dundee sides may prove challenging for fixture compilers! Matches on a Friday or Sunday every week?

The club would also (presumably) have to go full time. The whole thing could ultimately lead to their financial implosion.

One other annoying thing is that now Kilmarnock players can sack off next Friday's fixture at Raith, who could still overtake Partick Thistle for the final play off spot. And we just don't want that happening...

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Once did a midweek friendly at Kilmarnock, highlight was the vodka irn bru in the club after, 50p a go

James Fowler testimonial?

The night Marlon Harewood scored a hat trick but I left 5 minutes before the end, so only saw him score one 😚

In fairness, the reason I left early was because I convinced myself I would get lost on the way back to the train station, which I duly did. Considering I once got lost in a square nightclub, I wasn't overly shocked!

3 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

James Fowler testimonial?

The night Marlon Harewood scored a hat trick but I left 5 minutes before the end, so only saw him score one 😚

In fairness, the reason I left early was because I convinced myself I would get lost on the way back to the train station, which I duly did. Considering I once got lost in a square nightclub, I wasn't overly shocked!

Nah goalless draw about 2001

Just now, Kiwi Owl said:

30 years ago, Oldham Athletic were playing top flight football

One of the founding members of the Premier League.

Now they'll be playing non league football next season

Forget the Stainrod game and the ban that followed and them costing us the 2nd division title once, its a real shame. 

EFL fit and proper strikes again 

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Lovely hit by Alonso, didn't he score at Hillsborough for Bolton in the Jones tenure? 

Aye. We lost 2-1. Ross Barkley pen equalised and Alonso scored the winner. Think Martin Taylor fucked up for that goal.

Can't remember Bolton's first goal. Was kinda embarrassing losing to a side managed by Owen Coyle.

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Oh a@EastCraigsOwl did you see that we could miss out on the play offs on H2H record? 

Really? Oh dear. That would be just typical! 🙁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, then Forest win the play offs 

Win win all round for us

Those two have met in play offs before haven't they?   Was it when Blackwell took em out on a boatin trip?