Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

8 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Don’t bank on it

Also don’t think the same demand would be there from our side

Not sure a lot of the older generation in our fan base would go. Was tough for them with everyone standing last time 

This gets trotted out every time.....we'll shift 40k to 45k easy....

We need to get there first though.....we're a million miles away at the moment.....

Edited by MPB

16 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Don’t bank on it

Also don’t think the same demand would be there from our side

Not sure a lot of the older generation in our fan base would go. Was tough for them with everyone standing last time 

True, my Dad (78) has already said he'd rather watch it on telly that have to "argue with some knobhead" who won't sit down. 

Against Hull there was some up bloke who would not sit down until someone threatened to lamp him. Said he was "not having his day spoiled by having to sit down". The selfish attitude of some fans towards their fellow fans appalls me sometime.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Just makes me so frustrated when you see Luton & Huddersfield in the Championship playoffs and we are wallowing in L1

Got the Famous picture of bullen as a painting in my living room and every time I see it when football is on it makes me realise that since 2005 we’ve officially gone backwards. If someone had told me then that in 17 years time we would be back in league 1 for the third time I’d have saved myself some cash 😂

Watching the Huddersfield game tonight, they have a player Jon Russell who they got from Chelsea, think last season was on loan at Altrincham. Looks really good 1 or 2 touch at most. Obviously out of our league, but the players are there at the big clubs under 23s that can do a great job at lower level 

14 hours ago, 1banana2banana said:

Got the Famous picture of bullen as a painting in my living room and every time I see it when football is on it makes me realise that since 2005 we’ve officially gone backwards. If someone had told me then that in 17 years time we would be back in league 1 for the third time I’d have saved myself some cash 😂

Your own fault for having that **** ruin your front room