Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

I appreciate pitch invasions have always happened, I get it if you actually win promotion then it is a justified celebratory act. 

But to get to a play off final, really ? You are celebrating the fact there is a 50% chance of utter misery 10 days later.

But avoiding relegation, jeez that is a celebration of being marginally on the right side of shiteness. I appreciate Everton fans will be relieved that they can return to that all important fight for 8th place next season.

Ok we are the poster boys for disappearing without trace post relegation from the EPL, with their stadium move then financially it would have been disastrous, but actually a season in a different league, different teams, losing at home to Rotherham would be more fun than simply hanging around

I suppose the serious point is a pitch invasion is as we have seen this week, is trouble waiting to happen. In a season where fan behaviour is already under scrutiny, will the authorities consider clamping down.

Lets be clear fences will never go back up but you wonder how they might go about it. Invariably impinging on the rest of us

The daft thing is the Forest fan needed protecting from himself. That moment of loss of self control has cost him his liberty, maybe his job, potentially his home, 10 year football banning order and lifetime ban from Forest

Pitch invasions. Always happened.

lumping players and now prodding and pushing managers?

The one’s doing the slapping, be it fans or unprovoked players. Just fk off. 
no place for it. 

We’ll end up with reduced capacities, or fences back if these stupid ***** carry on. 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Pitch invasions. Always happened.

lumping players and now prodding and pushing managers?

The one’s doing the slapping, be it fans or unprovoked players. Just fk off. 
no place for it. 

We’ll end up with reduced capacities, or fences back if these stupid ***** carry on. 

Swindon players saying they got shit from fans on the pitch after losing to Vale in the L2 semi.

I don't get it, all the teams fan's that have done it have won and are through. I could maybe understand it a bit more if they'd lost and were out, which actually makes you wonder what the reaction would have been if they had lost.

I know it'll sound shit and won't happen, but they need to hit the fans of these clubs where it hurts and restrict their tickets for the play off finals. I know there'll be all the usual, well it's only the actions of a handful, but there are more than a handful in the pitch and if they ain't there this doesn't occur.

Edited by Otto_Man

15 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Swindon players saying they got shit from fans on the pitch after losing to Vale in the L2 semi.

I don't get it, all the teams fan's that have done it have won and are through. I could maybe understand it a bit more if they'd lost and were out, which actually makes you wonder what the reaction would have been if they had lost.

I know it'll sound shit and won't happen, but they need to hit the fans of these clubs where it hurts and restrict their tickets for the play off finals. I know there'll be all the usual, well it's only the actions of a handful, but there are more than a handful in the pitch and if they ain't there this doesn't occur.

Some of the Port Vale fans are VILE.

I had one confront me and my colleagues working there a few seasons back on consecutive visits, because we had the audacity to be not only wearing club colours of the team we were working for, but doing our job. 
Tried to get us chucked out of the press box, told stewards we’d been telling him to FK off. 

We did on the second visit celebrate each goal though… To annoy him. 
As the 6th goal went in, he walked out and looked our way. I enjoyed smiling and waving in his direction. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Andyben said:

Journos rushing to his defence.

Would they do same if it was Joey Barton and a Liverpool fan?

Whilst not defending Viera final actions I'd love to see the footage on the Muppets phone. From his actions he's obviously verbalising towards Viera who does his best to keep walking. Viera only turns after being touched. 

And what the hell does that idiot with the three year old on his shoulders think he's doing by rushing in? If he falls backwards then that kid is in serious trouble

37 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Whilst not defending Viera final actions I'd love to see the footage on the Muppets phone. From his actions he's obviously verbalising towards Viera who does his best to keep walking. Viera only turns after being touched. 

And what the hell does that idiot with the three year old on his shoulders think he's doing by rushing in? If he falls backwards then that kid is in serious trouble

https://twitter.com/frankie_efc/status/1527412786032168968?t=6Gt3jF-6qOu2vtoz0J2yaQ&s=19

3 hours ago, MonkeyTennis said:

Wondering if the problems in society at the moment are causing this, people are pissed off at the government, skint because of cost of living going up, been in multiple lock downs.

No excusing any of the behaviour but could be a factor.

This country feels like it's at boiling point and wouldn't be surprised to see riots in the near future.

Solution...double the police at games and get in position before full time/extra time/penalties?

In breaking news the cost of living crisis as caused a spike in retail sales in April, predominantly on cigarettes and alcohol. Perhaps we are just living in an oasis 

• Like 1

What a lovely group of people these Liverpudlians are.

They are victims most of the time there is any trouble, so it will probably be the fault of the Palace player that an old woman slapped him and a young scally told him to fuck off.

Scousers are happy go lucky people who get fake bad press everywhere they go. We need an enquiry to clear their names.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

And he wonders why Viera turned.

But, I can't wait for the civil claim from the Scouser for loss of earnings and mental distress after he was assaulted by the Premier League manager

Loss of earnings?

• Haha 1

No excusing some of the pond life seen in these clips, but I do believe if a clampdown is gonna happen it's got to be pointed out to players things like cupping yer ears and giving it the big un 3yards away from opposition fans when u score needs to be reigned in.

1 minute ago, Billysboy said:

No excusing some of the pond life seen in these clips, but I do believe if a clampdown is gonna happen it's got to be pointed out to players things like cupping yer ears and giving it the big un 3yards away from opposition fans when u score needs to be reigned in.

Give over. 

11 hours ago, Billysboy said:

Nah. 
not for me. 

it’s akin to having a laugh and taking the piss with a workmate. 
It doesn’t justify someone getting lumped.

27 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Hope everyone remembered to cancel their booking.com reservations...

I have sent back my "at least we had a nice day out" T shirt

Father in law who lives in Wycombe is off to the game, his lifetime ban being well policed then. The only positive of today is the fucker can't wind me up if they had beat us in the final