Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

Reesh

36 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Cup Final question - why the fook Chelsea wearing yellow?  Does my head in. 

If the FA wanted to make it the showpiece they keep banging on about, surely going back to havin it when the seasons done will get some gravitas back....make it an all day "event" like it used to be.....oh and have the semis at neutral venues....it ain't rocket surgery...! 

Or is ..........money behind it....?   Surely not!  🙄

12 minutes ago, MPB said:

If the FA wanted to make it the showpiece they keep banging on about, surely going back to havin it when the seasons done will get some gravitas back....make it an all day "event" like it used to be.....oh and have the semis at neutral venues....it ain't rocket surgery...! 

Or is ..........money behind it....?   Surely not!  🙄

Thought I would watch United v Forest then get a beer ready for Cup Final at 5.30pm.  Switched over and it had started already. 

Should be last game of season bar European Finals. 

• Like 1

Completely agree.  Why the fuck is our league over three weeks before the bloody Premier League?  God forbid that us peasants and our petty concerns should distract attention from “The Race for 7th” or whatever.

• Like 1

Was first FA Cup final I've watched in maybe 20 years.

What a shit show of a spectacle, absolutely demeaned by moving from  3pm (when Wembley was built so  the pitch would be in sunlight then) and it not being the last domestic match of the season.

Woeful of the FA to sell out like it has.

28 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Was first FA Cup final I've watched in maybe 20 years.

What a shit show of a spectacle, absolutely demeaned by moving from  3pm (when Wembley was built so  the pitch would be in sunlight then) and it not being the last domestic match of the season.

Woeful of the FA to sell out like it has

Not the first final to sell its soul....when the BBC are banging on about it the biggest and oldest game in the world....means nowt when a 23 year old BBC marketing gimp who's never been to a live match is only worried about pixel definition....

3 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Yes agree but a chance one down.  Two and more that it could have been and its all over. 

Just seen United highlights on Quest. That scoreline is ridiculous! Forest should have been 3 or 4 up at h.t.   What an end to end game that was: didn't seem tactical at all. They both must be extremely fit to play like that in today's mid-afternoon temperature.  

T. V. showed a closeup of what they said was a Blades fan: ITV's 'The Chase' character, the giant, fat, 'The Beast'.  I bet we know what kind of beast he is, eh?  🐽

Can't recall the last FA Cup Final I watched. 

I m sure I must have watched one since 1993🤔

However, it's more or less the same fecking teams slugging it out for a dour 1-0 or penalties, absolutely sh1t. 

I grew up watching the finals in the 70/80s and there is no comparison.

The depressing thing is I can't see us getting to a semi final never mind a final for a long time if ever and it feels the same re the PL. Won't be long before we have been out of the top division for 25years. Need to put the gin bottle down I think 😀

1 minute ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Can't recall the last FA Cup Final I watched. 

I m sure I must have watched one since 1993🤔

However, it's more or less the same fecking teams slugging it out for a dour 1-0 or penalties, absolutely sh1t. 

I grew up watching the finals in the 70/80s and there is no comparison.

The depressing thing is I can't see us getting to a semi final never mind a final for a long time if ever and it feels the same re the PL. Won't be long before we have been out of the top division for 25years. Need to put the gin bottle down I think 😀

That's only the 3rd ever time the FA Cup final has gone to penalties. 

9 minutes ago, Reesh said:

That's only the 3rd ever time the FA Cup final has gone to penalties. 

I'll take you word for it.

My attention to it has certainly dipped over the last couple of decades but it certainly feels like they have been lowering scoring tight games over recent times (accepted just my impression).

Have there been any recent ones when more than 3 goals have been scored in the 90mins, I honestly don't know but have the feel it just become a foot note for the big PL teams except maybe when Leicester won it (last year?)

32 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I'll take you word for it.

My attention to it has certainly dipped over the last couple of decades but it certainly feels like they have been lowering scoring tight games over recent times (accepted just my impression).

Have there been any recent ones when more than 3 goals have been scored in the 90mins, I honestly don't know but have the feel it just become a foot note for the big PL teams except maybe when Leicester won it (last year?)

Man City 6 Watford 0.....

Memory does play tricks there haven't been that many classic finals really. Ours in 1993 was hardly one. 

What we actually remember is that it felt a special day. The build up, the pomp, the fact you got to see a full game live on TV. The match itself created memory points but the football was average.

The game kicked off at 4.45pm because the BBC wanted it to finish for some singing thing. Says it all really.

28 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Jordan Rhodes turns up in a play off semi final. 

I know thats, fvcking amazing that isnt it, paid fvcking buckets of money for us and asked to take a pen in a playoff semi final against them but wouldnt and now hes a hero there for the 2nd time.

What a huge mistake it was signing him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I know thats, fvcking amazing that isnt it, paid fvcking buckets of money for us and asked to take a pen in a playoff semi final against them but wouldnt and now hes a hero there for the 2nd time.

What a huge mistake it was signing him.

Hope the twats legs fall off, happy for Tom Lees though thought he always gave all he’d got.

Jordan Rhodes should never hae been a Wednesday player in the first place, we didn't need him. Carlos didn't even want the player

But did the chairman listen? No, signed because the fans wanted him. So why was Ben Marshall never signed given there was 7492 threads about him every day on another Wednesday forum.

Then we need to do 20 year season tickets just to pay his wages. 

Complete waste, cheers chairman!