Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

I think the Conference League will be a success. Basically there are easily enough big, well supported teams with fanatical fans in Europe to fill three competitions, with the latter stages still being an impressive spectacle.  Actually there’s enough for a lot more than three competitions, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Poor that Fulham haven’t turned up. I know it happens and I get that they’re champions etc but it’s a shame for the other sides that they had to play a motivated Fulham and the pigs get a free 3 points. Looks like pigs V Huddersfield Semi as it stands. Huddersfield still unbeaten and the run is 985 games now so. 

45 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Watford relegated. Shame. NOT

I'd like to dedicate that to what some of their fans from the old Rivals website tried to do to the memories of the two Owls lost in the accident outside Coventry. I really hope they were at the game today. Vermin.  

On the 7th goal , the crowd invaded the pitch and the ref took all the players off.   Made an announcement that he'd abandon the game unless they went back to the stands.

He then waited 15 minutes despite the crowd being back in place ages.  

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Gives us 50k plus tickets...

Does anyone think Wembley will actually do this? Didn’t happen for the Hull game but I hope they’ve learned their lesson and actually want the ground to look full. Be a joke to have our fans scrambling around for tickets when there will be 20k empty seats in the Wycombe end 

18 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

Does anyone think Wembley will actually do this? Didn’t happen for the Hull game but I hope they’ve learned their lesson and actually want the ground to look full. Be a joke to have our fans scrambling around for tickets when there will be 20k empty seats in the Wycombe end 

I think the problem with the Hull game was that both club’s were initially allocated the same with an expectation that both would need that amount.

It soon became clear that Hull would not sell all theirs but they’d not sold block by block, so there was no practical way to give us their unsolds.

This time it’ll be different, whether it is us or Sunderland, Wycombe will only need/be allocated about 20k I think.