Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

1 hour ago, MPB said:

Scouse ***** playing really well and pressing.....how sheeeeiiite are City though?   

More or less a full strength Scouse side against City's reserve back line, apart from Stones, and a grandad in the middle of a middle three. I'd even forgotten Nathan Ake was still there. 

1 minute ago, MPB said:

Luton...!  Fair play

Guy who delivers our stationary is a Luton fan, was worried about this weekends fixtures but come out alright.

Thing is about the Championship money massively helps for the relegated clubs, but if you get a decent manager - Jones somehow fits there where he didn't elsewhere - find good players and decent loans you can be reasonably successful. It seems the better option than throwing big bucks at players who don't seem to give a shit 

Hidden in amongst the busy Easter programme was Dunfermline 2-1 Ayr Utd on Saturday.

Both teams now have identical goal difference and goals scored / conceded (35-50). However, BBC is showing Dunfermline ahead of Ayr in the table (whatever happened to alphabetical order?).

So, officially squeaky bum time for Lee Bullen, who has overseen his side's slide into the bottom 2.

Strangely, both teams have to play QoS and Partick Thistle in their final two fixtures. Next Friday night (April 29) could well be very interesting...

15 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Hidden in amongst the busy Easter programme was Dunfermline 2-1 Ayr Utd on Saturday.

Both teams now have identical goal difference and goals scored / conceded (35-50). However, BBC is showing Dunfermline ahead of Ayr in the table (whatever happened to alphabetical order?).

So, officially squeaky bum time for Lee Bullen, who has overseen his side's slide into the bottom 2.

Strangely, both teams have to play QoS and Partick Thistle in their final two fixtures. Next Friday night (April 29) could well be very interesting...

Isn't it head to head above of alphabetical

Edited by Reesh

Just read on the BBC website from Saturday's match report:

"Dunfermline moved nine points clear of bottom-of-the-table Queen of the South, who have three games left, and level on points with Ayr in eighth place.

Both those sides have two games remaining and have identical records. Should that remain the case, the two would play-off to see which would avoid the play-off."

Good to see the table agreeing with the first paragraph! And I look forward to the play-off play-off 😀

I get that some religious footballers wish to observe Ramadan. I also get that the Premier League are desperate to be 'inclusive' at every opportunity.

However, stopping the Burnley Southampton match after 40 minutes in order to allow refreshments to be taken is surely just daft. Why not wait the extra 5 minutes and let them eat in the dressing room?

I can't remember what minute it was when they stopped the game at MK on Saturday. Don’t think it was so close to HT but could be wrong?

Load of nonsense.  If you choose professional sport as a career you know perfectly well you will have to play or train on days of observance, and that someone else will decide what, and when  you eat.  Anybody who is that arsed about religion should probably try a different career where the hours are more flexible and nobody cares what you eat.

Edited by owl71

49 minutes ago, owl71 said:

Load of nonsense.  If you choose professional sport as a career you know perfectly well you will have to play or train on days of observance, and that someone else will decide what, and when  you eat.  Anybody who is that arsed about religion should probably try a different career where the hours are more flexible and nobody cares what you eat.

So. Smokers shouldn’t get a cig break?

If so, I’m with you on that one. I never got a ‘fresh air break’ at work… 

11 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

I get that some religious footballers wish to observe Ramadan. I also get that the Premier League are desperate to be 'inclusive' at every opportunity.

However, stopping the Burnley Southampton match after 40 minutes in order to allow refreshments to be taken is surely just daft. Why not wait the extra 5 minutes and let them eat in the dressing room?

I can't remember what minute it was when they stopped the game at MK on Saturday. Don’t think it was so close to HT but could be wrong?

The timing changes with the setting of the sun.