Today/Toneyts Footy thread - Non Wednesday

2 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

The stuff at the end was wholly caused by Man City.

I'm a firm believer in that, if you're really injured, you don't / can't roll. Yes, Foden was brushed by Felipe and, yes, that probably warranted a second yellow (which he duly received). However, Foden managed to roll a couple of yards off the pitch before miraculously twisting his body round to roll back onto it. I don't blame Savic for picking him up and trying to shove him back off. I would've done the same. Cheating little bastard.

Then we have Jack Grealish, who obviously swore at Savic (why else would BT scramble his mouth in the replays?). The defender responded by pulling his hair. Quite right. Again, I would've done the same.

Then we have the creepy looking 'goalkeeper' who successfully managed to con everyone into believing he was injured. Perhaps someone came within a yard of one of his tattoos?

None of this was condemned by the pundits in the BT studio. Indeed, the racist, forgetful junkie described Foden's actions as "cute". Remind me why he's still in a job.

I enjoy shithousery. I'm all for digs in the ribs, sly kicks, etc., but I draw the line at diving, cheating and, worst of all (although thankfully it's extremely rare and didn't occur last night), spitting.

Seem to remember Paterson going down injured off the pitch at Leppings Lane end and then realising and rolling back on. 

3 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

The stuff at the end was wholly caused by Man City.

I'm a firm believer in that, if you're really injured, you don't / can't roll. Yes, Foden was brushed by Felipe and, yes, that probably warranted a second yellow (which he duly received). However, Foden managed to roll a couple of yards off the pitch before miraculously twisting his body round to roll back onto it. I don't blame Savic for picking him up and trying to shove him back off. I would've done the same. Cheating little bastard.

Then we have Jack Grealish, who obviously swore at Savic (why else would BT scramble his mouth in the replays?). The defender responded by pulling his hair. Quite right. Again, I would've done the same.

Then we have the creepy looking 'goalkeeper' who successfully managed to con everyone into believing he was injured. Perhaps someone came within a yard of one of his tattoos?

None of this was condemned by the pundits in the BT studio. Indeed, the racist, forgetful junkie described Foden's actions as "cute". Remind me why he's still in a job.

I enjoy shithousery. I'm all for digs in the ribs, sly kicks, etc., but I draw the line at diving, cheating and, worst of all (although thankfully it's extremely rare and didn't occur last night), spitting.

Fully agree with this......however, there has not been a successful trophy winning side in history that hasn't shithoused in some way....even the great Brazilian sides could be snidey....same goes for Italy or Germany.....even France in '98 left their foot in and gave it the theatrics ...same goes at club level .....

So in a way, from an England point of view....the thing that's stopped us getting over the line....apart from Southgate's fuckwitted tactics.....has been some "game management" of our own ...

Of course we'd all rather not be cads and win and play to the rules eh, what!  But nice guys never win....!

Edited by MPB

8 hours ago, M42Owl said:

I agree with most of what you say here, especially the bit I’ve highlighted, but there was an example earlier in the game that disproves this.

Walker went down in an innocuous challenge and managed to roll umpteen times - almost rolling off the pitch (“get up you twat. Clearly not injured”). He had treatment, went off the pitch, came back on, (“I knew it. Not injured at all”). Minutes later went down injured again, substituted, (“maybe injured after all”). Replays showed him catching his standing foot as he went to clear the ball. Injured, but capable of rolling.

Aye, it's not an exact science. It's probably best to apply it mainly to serious injuries. Leg breaks and such like.

Walker was a strange one. Rolled a wee bit before wriggling on his back, legs in the air, kinda resembling a demented slater!

7 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Seem to remember Paterson going down injured off the pitch at Leppings Lane end and then realising and rolling back on. 

He may be a Hearts legend but I don't condone such behavior. Guaranteed he would've learned that at Cardiff, under Warnock.

59 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

As Carlos bottled a big game again

Despite being down a man since late in the first half, they've leveled on aggregate in the 83rd.  

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Its always good to be proven right 😇

True, I bless each day you were proven right and we didn't make it to the PL.

Imagine the ignomy of challenging for European positions and signing international players to play in a redeveloped stadium.

2 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Reading go up the other end to make it 1-2!!

That goal has put them nine ahead of Peterborough, ten ahead of the Dingles, and 12 ahead of Derby. 

Peterborough and Ready 4 to play, 

Dingles and Derby 5 to play