22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

Newcastle reached the FA Cup Final in 1998. They lost 2-0 to an Arsenal side who completed the double.

The Geordies returned the following year. Again, they lost 2-0, this time to ManU, who went on to complete a treble.

The two sides meet again today. If ManU win, it will be the first step towards a potential quadruple.

2-0 anyone?

• Like 1

The fap fest by Sky about their fans was a joke. Especially in the dying moments of the game.

'Oh Newcastle might not have their hands on the trophy but look at the fans still waving their flags'. 

Fans in supporting their team shocker. They're not that good a fanbase, they're as fickle as they come and they're pissheads. Not all of them, but a very large proportion of them. 

11 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

The fap fest by Sky about their fans was a joke. Especially in the dying moments of the game.

'Oh Newcastle might not have their hands on the trophy but look at the fans still waving their flags'. 

Fans in supporting their team shocker. They're not that good a fanbase, they're as fickle as they come and they're pissheads. Not all of them, but a very large proportion of them. 

I can’t stand them, at all. I was relieved to see them lose in the same way I would be when the pigs or Leeds lose a key match. And I despise this ‘gallant losers’ shite they churn out these days as though supporting your team but experiencing hope & failure is unique to them. 
But much as I hate them it would be hard to call them fickle and ‘not that good a fanbase’. They’ve sold out most matches, home & away for the last 30 years. Have we? 
And being on the lash at the game isn’t especially unique to them either, and isn’t that a fairly routine part of football fan culture? 

Edited by ChineseYellowLorry

39 minutes ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

I can’t stand them, at all. I was relieved to see them lose in the same way I would be when the pigs or Leeds lose a key match. And I despise this ‘gallant losers’ shite they churn out these days as though supporting your team but experiencing hope & failure is unique to them. 
But much as I hate them it would be hard to call them fickle and ‘not that good a fanbase’. They’ve sold out most matches, home & away for the last 30 years. Have we? 
And being on the lash at the game isn’t especially unique to them either, and isn’t that a fairly routine part of football fan culture? 

Again talking shit just to sneak a dig at our fans, fuck off you're fooling fucking no one.

Pig ****

That Bolton loss is a cracking result for us. We're getting to the point - if not there already - where we only need to stop our nearest opponents from winning when we play them, without it giving an undue advantage to other opponents.

More immediately, we'll obviously need to prevent Portsmouth doing something similar again a week on Saturday.

• Like 1