Mon 01/08 Watford v Pigs

Good. I was certain ours would be chosen. Glad 2b wrong. Again 😊

2 hours ago, Skamp said:

Sky

Friday 29/07 Huddersfield vs Vincent Kompany's Burnley

Sat 30/07 Sunderland in wonderland v Coventry at 12 noon

Sat 30/07 Smoggies v West Brom at 5.30

Mon 01/08 Watford v Pigs

I've noticed this is how they're now being called across the media. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Boro and pubehead are backing Wildpig for a go at promotion this season. If it's at the expense of the Blunts then it'll do for me. As opening days of the Championship go, there's some interesting games to see how they've tooled up for the season ahead. Just wish we were in there, hopefully next season.

• 4 weeks later...

I didnt watch last night, I dont have Sky.

However tbh I thought they were bang average last season when we played them.

I think the Championship isnt that much better than L1 when it comes to the also rans and getting the best out of a mediocre squad which their Head Coach did last season. The difference quite often, from what Ive seen, is the strikers in the Championship have a better ratio of scoring the chances they get compared to the also rans in that league and in L1. 

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

3 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Udders to be in a relegation battle on that showing. No shots on target, even with "deadly" Jordan Rhodes on the pitch...

Thought the same - reminded me of Barnsley. Playoffs one season, down the next.

Which I would like to see happen.

21 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

I'm watching Livingston v Rangers, second half just starting. Livi got a Jon Nouble playing for them, I know it's only a snapshot but he's been brilliant the first half. He is a reight handful. Think ECO needs to give me his views on him please. @EastCraigsOwl

Brother of Frank I think.

That'll be Celtic signing him next Summer then, unless he's on loan!   🙄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Read something about Sky banging on about Rhodes being deadly, when he hasn’t been for 5 years

I wouldn’t say that, he was deadly for us. All that wasted money for a player who did virtually nothing. We’d probably still be in the Championship if it wasn’t for signing that prick. 

2 hours ago, Fowls said:

I wouldn’t say that, he was deadly for us. All that wasted money for a player who did virtually nothing. We’d probably still be in the Championship if it wasn’t for signing that prick. 

Shut up you fucking dollshead

5 hours ago, Fowls said:

You’re the one saying he was deadly, I said he HASN’T BEEN DEADLY FOR 5 years. 
And. He’s not the reason we went down. 

22 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

I'm watching Livingston v Rangers, second half just starting. Livi got a Jon Nouble playing for them, I know it's only a snapshot but he's been brilliant the first half. He is a reight handful. Think ECO needs to give me his views on him please. @EastCraigsOwl

Brother of Frank I think.

I don't really know too much about him in all honesty.

He was on loan at Arbroath during the first half of last season. Returned in January and received one of the stupidest red cards I've seen in what may have been his first match.

Took his goal very well yesterday and generally caused problems.

Mr Owling will be pleased to note St Johnstone have replaced Livi at the bottom of the league. Even better than that, Hearts are top on alphabetical order 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

I don't really know too much about him in all honesty.

He was on loan at Arbroath during the first half of last season. Returned in January and received one of the stupidest red cards I've seen in what may have been his first match.

Took his goal very well yesterday and generally caused problems.

Mr Owling will be pleased to note St Johnstone have replaced Livi at the bottom of the league. Even better than that, Hearts are top on alphabetical order 😉

🙂👍

On 31/07/2022 at 10:22, HoylandOwl said:

I see there was bother in the Rotherham v Swansea game, with fans having some bother with each other. Oh those loveable Millers eh.

There’s that area between the away fans and the family stand where they let away fans put up flags.  Swansea had a flag in memory of one of their lads who died during surgery last year, in his twenties.  One of the Toytowners spat on that flag and got chinned.  That’s what started it.  Though I’ve watched a clip and what followed was just the usual angry pointing and jumping up and down.